Road blocks/traffic and fatigue in main menu

SkyD911

Road blocks/traffic and fatigue in main menu

#1 Post by SkyD911 » 25 Jan 2022 23:12

Hi All, super nOOb, please help!

Is there a way to see traffic or road blocks in advance on the map or anywhere else (radio?) to plan better the trip?

CAn you see how much time is left to next sleep on the main menu? (Without always jumping onboard an F6)

Thanks!
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Road blocks/traffic and fatigue in main menu

#2 Post by Madkine » 26 Jan 2022 02:04

1. No, that's the point of detours. If you don't like them (like a lot of us), turn them off.
2. I'm not sure, but if so it's more clicks to get to than the F6 menu.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Optional Features

#3 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jan 2022 02:46

SkyD911 wrote: 25 Jan 2022 23:12 Hi All, super nOOb, please help!

Is there a way to see traffic or road blocks in advance on the map or anywhere else (radio?) to plan better the trip?

CAn you see how much time is left to next sleep on the main menu? (Without always jumping onboard an F6)

Thanks!
The game essentially has no traffic patterns. The only temporary traffic that forms is due to AI smashing into each other, a random road event, or a player vs ai accident. There is no rush hour, no bottlenecks, and no occurrences miles ahead of the player.

Basically, as you drive, the game generates events, so if you were to teleport to a new spot, it would start the process over. There's not an accident 100 miles ahead that will delay you (and is delaying AI), but you haven't come upon it yet. Would be nice to have and would give the electronic billboards a purpose, but such a thing doesn't even seem to be in the plans, let alone the works.

As Madkine said, the best way to avoid detours is just to turn them off. With the limited number of non blocked off roads, detours can take you hundreds of scaled miles off route just to find a place to turn around.
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 26 Jan 2022 03:54

Detours are generated when you accept the job, but obviously you aren't notified as the point of the detour is an unexpected issue.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jan 2022 09:00

Madkine wrote: 26 Jan 2022 03:54 Detours are generated when you accept the job, but obviously you aren't notified as the point of the detour is an unexpected issue.
Ah ok: I stand corrected.
SkyD911

#6 Post by SkyD911 » 26 Jan 2022 18:08

Thanks All for your help. It’s much clearer now. I don’t mind the detour/ unexpected event, which can happen anytime, it’s more the limited alternative roads that can put you hours off track and miss a delivery which is a bit too penalising.

I’ll live with it for now, but good to know you can switch it off.

Any interesting traffic “mod”to suggest or shall I stick to default?
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jan 2022 18:28

SkyD911 wrote: 26 Jan 2022 18:08 Thanks All for your help. It’s much clearer now. I don’t mind the detour/ unexpected event, which can happen anytime, it’s more the limited alternative roads that can put you hours off track and miss a delivery which is a bit too penalising.

I’ll live with it for now, but good to know you can switch it off.

Any interesting traffic “mod”to suggest or shall I stick to default?
Yeah, agreed: the lack of roads gets frustrating when you can't use the one you need.

Kass has a brilliant Brutal Traffic mod that really makes things feel more alive. I'd recommend it.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”