Buying and selling used trucks and trailers.

mullernario

Buying and selling used trucks and trailers.

#1 Post by mullernario » 20 Jan 2022 19:54

Hello everyone!

My suggestion is simple.

SCS could develop a system to buy and sell used trucks and trailers, as has existed in other games like 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin.

This system of buying and selling used trucks could not only work in the offline mode of the game, but also online. This would be possible (I think) if the used vehicles were stored in the cloud.

Basically you collect money and buy a Mack Anthem all equipped with lights, but then you realize you don't like it and have to sell it for a lower price.

Why not make it possible for another player to buy this vehicle you used for a lower price? Just like in real life.

I think this would be nice because it would make it possible for another player to buy a better truck for a lower price. It would also encourage players to use other models of trucks and trailers.

What do you think?

(Ps: Sorry for the grammar mistakes, english is not my natural language).

- André.
Molly-O-Shea

Re: Buying and selling used trucks and trailers.

#2 Post by Molly-O-Shea » 26 Jan 2022 04:30

That's a neat idea, I like it.
But the current problem will be since there's no in-depth truck wear and tear simulation, a brand new truck with 0 mileage will drive the same as lets say a truck with over 900,000 mileage. And so what will happen is that people will over buy second trucks onward and it's cheaper but also drives the same.
mullernario

#3 Post by mullernario » 26 Jan 2022 17:47

I understand your point. But we must take into consideration that trucks wear out as they are used. We have tire wear, chassis wear, engine wear... So if we think of the offline game, SCS could make several types of used trucks available for purchase, good used trucks for one type of price, and used trucks with a lot of damage, the kind that the player would buy for a lower price but would have to spend a bit to fix. Just like in real life.
Optional Features

#4 Post by Optional Features » 26 Jan 2022 17:56

mullernario wrote: 20 Jan 2022 19:54 Hello everyone!

My suggestion is simple.

SCS could develop a system to buy and sell used trucks and trailers, as has existed in other games like 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin.

This system of buying and selling used trucks could not only work in the offline mode of the game, but also online. This would be possible (I think) if the used vehicles were stored in the cloud.

Basically you collect money and buy a Mack Anthem all equipped with lights, but then you realize you don't like it and have to sell it for a lower price.

Why not make it possible for another player to buy this vehicle you used for a lower price? Just like in real life.

I think this would be nice because it would make it possible for another player to buy a better truck for a lower price. It would also encourage players to use other models of trucks and trailers.

What do you think?

(Ps: Sorry for the grammar mistakes, english is not my natural language).

- André.
If it was possible in an old game, it is possible today.

Agreed!
mullernario

#5 Post by mullernario » 26 Jan 2022 20:26

For sure! 😂

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”