Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team for both games?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 297

howey

Re: Should SCS have a dedicated cargo team???

#261 Post by howey » 26 Jan 2022 04:02

Agree with what you say Flight and that's in a Ideal situation but even if they halved that number again and just made it 6 new Cargoes between the Texas and Montana DLC's that would still be good enough for anyone including us I would think. That number would be achievable easy and would be baby steps in the right direction.

Ideally like you said for new cargo to become more common especially with the new industries that are coming to ATS & ETS 2 itself a seperate team is the way to go to achieve this, alternatively with the vehicle team expanding even if they allocated a small group to focus on the cargo,industry side of it within the vehicle team itself then it's achieving the same results we hope for without a seperate team for it.

Some good news though is their is a mod of the steam workshop now in which a person has made variations of the current SCS cargo as well as porting ETS 2 models too. I've already chipped in some feedback and they have already said they will continue to update and add to the mod in coordinance with what new cargo SCS brings themselves to the game.
flight50

#262 Post by flight50 » 26 Jan 2022 04:33

Yeah half a dozen is still positive. I can't complain too much if we at the least got that. Still underwhelming but I can say it would be going in the right direction and I'd be content....until the next couple of updates. I'd love to see at least 2 new cargoes per major update. That's only 4-6 cargos a year. I also agree that its achieving the same thing if a small group allocated from the vehicle team focuses on cargo. In a nutshell, they'd still be focusing on cargo whether they are separated or not. Its still pretty much a dedicated group. A cargo them by default is part of the vehicle team though. Its like 3d asset guys and mappers. They are pretty much working together to make a finished map presentation. The mappers need content to design with and the asset team provides that. For a vehicle trailer artist, they need cargo to drop on trailers and strap down. Basically, the vehicle team needs an asset team as well. The cargo team works with the vehicle to produce cargo.

The mod you mention, that is great news. If they are using SCS content on SCS trailers, count me in. That is a mod I'd use. I stopped using cargo mods because of the huge quality gap. I'd rather use SCS content to haul all the same quality. Too many arcade cargoes was going on and it is broke immersion for me. If I ever had time or energy to learn modding, I'd soooo go to the links in my signature and create 90% of the cargo in those links. That is well over 100 cargoes I bet if I had to count them. Add in variants of 50% of them and we are looking at 150 combinations of cargoes.
howey

#263 Post by howey » 28 Jan 2022 13:42

flight50 wrote: 26 Jan 2022 04:33 The mod you mention, that is great news. If they are using SCS content on SCS trailers, count me in. That is a mod I'd use. I stopped using cargo mods because of the huge quality gap. I'd rather use SCS content to haul all the same quality. Too many arcade cargoes was going on and it is broke immersion for me. If I ever had time or energy to learn modding, I'd soooo go to the links in my signature and create 90% of the cargo in those links. That is well over 100 cargoes I bet if I had to count them. Add in variants of 50% of them and we are looking at 150 combinations of cargoes.
Yeah I know what you mean Flight if had the time and mostly patience I would give modding ago on something like this myself just to bring the satisfaction to people like us until SCS picked up their game with cargo. Well the mod is a good alternative imo if SCS continues to ignore adding enough cargo on a regular basis. It has actually brought back a bit of interest on playing the game and see what Texas and Montana has to bring for us cross fingers touch wood.
flight50

#264 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2022 14:48

@howey does that mod use SCS trailers or a mod made trailer? If SCS, that could mean that SCS loads original loads can be used. Is the cargo available in freight/WOT as well as owned trailers for Cargo Market/Owned WoT Markets. If I get a chance to play this weekend, I need to go find that mod. How many cargoes is the mod?
Sweet Potato

#265 Post by Sweet Potato » 28 Jan 2022 19:39

@flight50 I believe howey is talking about this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 2728466314

It uses the SCS trailers, and it's available for freight and cargo markets. I hadn't checked if it works for WOT jobs. It also keeps the original loads as some to take.
flight50

#266 Post by flight50 » 29 Jan 2022 00:02

I'll check it out. Thanks @Sweet Potato
howey

#267 Post by howey » 30 Jan 2022 23:59

@flight50 that is the mod that sweet potato linked.

It's brought interest back for me on playing ATS again and am actually enjoying it. Makes me keen on seeing what SCS has to bring this year cargo wise between the game updates, Texas/Montana DLC's and if we get any suprises cargo wise with the Lode King trailer DLC.
flight50

#268 Post by flight50 » 31 Jan 2022 00:08

Agreed. I am very intrigued on what new cargo Texas and Montana bring. Less than a dozen won't make me too thrilled. For a new industry, I'd reckon that SCS needs to make that new industry worth it. I'd say a solid 3 cargoes per new industry will create enough of a supply chain. Of coarse it depends on the industry.

One thing the Montana blog did say is that there is more industry that they will share with us later. That could be 1 or it could be 2 industries they were not ready to showcase yet. In due time though. I just hope its something cool. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a farming equipment manufacturer, farming reseller, limestone quarry, sand quarry, precast concrete facility, piping facility and roofing/building materials. Doesn't matter when they come but it would be beneficial if all these where in place by time all of the Great Plains are done imho. All those combined can bring a solid 18-24 cargoes if SCS dives in deep. 2 dozen is being modest as it can go much deeper than that.
Viper28

#269 Post by Viper28 » 21 Mar 2022 00:34

YES, and I'd be willing to pay for the items they produce to support them.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Travismods

#270 Post by Travismods » 29 Mar 2022 07:27

Yes, SCS should have a cargo team.

Moreover, unless they want ATS to die a slow death they should more importantly set up a gameplay team and
a sound team to take the game to the next level. Long overdue.

Return to “General discussion about the game”