Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 278

Some newbie driver

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#541 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Jan 2022 19:03

Aziz wrote: 25 Jan 2022 02:51Here we go again. Do YOU know the numbers?
I DO KNOW how much it takes to keep a company afloat. And I DO KNOW (in general terms, due the company where I work now) how much money it takes to release a software aimed to an international market. And I DO know that near 50% of what we all pay never arrives to SCS before they even start to pay all their costs. Just to mention three relevant things among several others in which I base my opinion. What are yours?

I'm not saying they are battling to scratch a penny; would that be the situation the company would had been closed time ago. But they aren't either swimming in champagne pools; you could be sure of that. And you can be sure, on the contrary of what you say, that they ARE sweating every day to keep their company alive, even if they would not be poor. If you think in the current economy you can sustain a company like SCS without sweating hard every day, you are plainly wrong. And it's not a question of being "overprotective". It's a question that, after a day of hard and stressful work, it piss me a lot that the first I read was (once again) people that don't have a clue about how the world is talking about others having to gift them with their work.

And yes, I've said more than once they COULD had raised prices and I would had find it fair price. It's not hard to understand that a DLC that has DOUBLE the content than previous ones (like happened with Iberia) and keep the same price than those previous DLC is a bargain. Whatever, those are OPINIONS; we are all free to say ours and to be wrong. But I don't REQUEST them to raise prices, still less REQUEST them nothing for free. The difference is far from subtle. And when you REQUEST somebody to work in exchange for nothing, when you expect that it had to happen because it seems you feel you deserve it, then you are treating that worker like your slave. Don't even pretend me to believe you would like at all that somebody would come to your workplace and demand you to work for him in exchange of nothing. Though its exactly the kind of comment that can be found in those forums EVERY DAY.

If they want to keep prices low or if they want to give us free updates, good for us. But they will be THEIR decision when THEY want and can. They are not gifts, it's an investment in improve their game to keep having an appealing product. If we can profit of that, fantastic. If SCS decides to don't do it anymore, shit happens. All of us still would had all for what we payed and more.
Ceco wrote: 25 Jan 2022 06:29You don't have to go on the attack and point out my age
I don't pointed your (alleged) age as an insult. I pointed it because in case it's true; you have not lived long enough to have passed for lots of things that would give you understanding on the implications of that kind of demands. It was not a despise, it was a fact you most probably (and luckily) had not been in that position. Plain and simple.

Regards
Trucker Nik

#542 Post by Trucker Nik » 26 Jan 2022 07:46

I've already explained what I meant, I'm glad we explained it
Double M

#543 Post by Double M » 02 Feb 2022 16:54

We are in February. Do you think that throughout February SCS will post a blog with screenshots for us to find out what the next DLC is after Hor?
Some newbie driver

#544 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Feb 2022 19:07

I think this year they will wait to tease them on an stream related with 10th or 25th anniversary.
Double M

#545 Post by Double M » 04 Feb 2022 15:41

It could be, but assuming that the hor dlc will come out before June, I don't think they will wait so many months to present what the next dlc will be. They are interested in giving it publicity and that we add it to our wish list.
For example, with the bbts dlc in February 2018 they showed us its content so that we could find out where it could be and in March they confirmed it.
That's why I'm surprised that they haven't said anything about him yet, but maybe this year they present him in a totally different way.
276 kostroma

#546 Post by 276 kostroma » 10 Feb 2022 10:22

These are my two predictions/wishes... I no longer find other ways to complete the map attractively, I think the next dlc will fight hard the western balkans against belarus/ukraine.
These are also times of quite strong advances, photogrammetry is becoming stronger and looking at the development of other simulators, it is quite understandable that the company considers the dilemma of how to face the times that are coming.
Attachments
predition 1.jpg
prediction 2.jpg
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#547 Post by Mohegan13 » 10 Feb 2022 10:58

With HoR we're going to have 2 massive holes in the map.

Balkans is somewhat doable without for now, but that massive gap that is Ukraine and Belarus is going to be a horrible choke point. TBH If I had to buy HoR I honestly wouldn't buy it until that gap was filled, I really think it is a horrible decision.

Now it will all come down to how large HoR is to how bad it will be. If they surprise us and take it down around Sochi and add in a couple of Black Sea ferries then it won't be too bad as we'll at least get some alternate routes that don't require going through the Baltics all the time. But without those ferry I could see it putting a lot of people off. So for me, Ukraine and Belarus need to be a priority now.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
276 kostroma

#548 Post by 276 kostroma » 10 Feb 2022 11:29

Seeing how the mappers work, it is clear that it is a slog to design the cities and their details... my dream is to reach vladivostok passing kazakhstan and mongolia. :) :)
Thanks to all the people who made the maps of russia kazakstan etc, personally I felt that they are places where you can give the truck an engine, where the countryside with routes and broken terrain predominates, where the detail of the cities is not so important As in other places where practically everything is city, this means that expanding to the east is not as arduous a task as, for example, making small countries full of buildings.
But obviously this brings the problem of getting bored by always passing through the same places, that is where the attraction of driving through narrow cities has its charm... we must thank the people who spend hours and hours building this beautiful game... and I agree, Belarus and Ukraine should be in 2023 or 2024
sachy

#549 Post by sachy » 10 Feb 2022 11:48

Mohegan13 wrote: 10 Feb 2022 10:58 Balkans is somewhat doable without for now, but that massive gap that is Ukraine and Belarus is going to be a horrible choke point. TBH If I had to buy HoR I honestly wouldn't buy it until that gap was filled, I really think it is a horrible decision.
I worried a lot about Iberia connection (only 2 routes to VlF) - and in the end I *happily* spent whole year inside Iberia, only the Events and few exceptional deliveries made me to leave it. So I dont care about Dougavpills/Vilnius anymore.
276 kostroma

#550 Post by 276 kostroma » 10 Feb 2022 11:51

AlexxxF1 wrote: 10 Dec 2021 17:56 yes, the Western Balkans is a very mountainous area with narrow roads.
that is why I believe that after them, as a contrast, open fields and plains with a combination of wide and narrow roads of Belarus and Ukraine are well suited.
after that we can again go back to the mountains and narrow roads - to all North Scandinavia.
and then again on the plains, fields and wide roads of the south of Russia.

in my opinion, it would be better if we would get a contrast and variety with each new DLC.

especially since between Belarus Ukraine DLC and between the south of Russia - Road to the Caspian Sea DLC must be some other DLC. so as not to get something similar one by one.
and Northern Scandinavia DLC is ideal for this.
Belarus Ukraine DLC - will be the most important from the point of view of gameplay - it will close the remaining huge hole on the map,
and connect 4 DLC at once into one, huge one -GE HoR RttBS BtBS
so I hope, if the next Balkans, then after them we will see central Europe - Belarus Ukraine DLC
Totally agree, the eastward expansion gives the game that much needed and essential contrast Belarus/Ukraine
They obviously know, but it seems to me that the western part of the balkans will win the 2023 dlc, because it gives the game the depth of complicated construction with winding roads, instead Belarus, Ukraine is the plain and the scarcity, very captivating too

Return to “General discussion about the game”