ATS 1.44 speculation thread

flight50

Re: ATS 1.44 speculation thread

#311 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2022 02:27

ATS/ETS2 2016 to current date is night and day. Most people only judge by what they want in the game not being in place.......in turn, not recognizing any upgrades or additions to the game that was not there in 2016. Lighting, DX11, Fmod, owned trailers, accessories pack, 4x2/8x4, articulated trailers, more than double the sized truck roster, lowered windows....there is lots to be thankful for just like there is lots to be desired. SCS is slow because they care about quality. Most of us loyal fans love the fact that they care to produce quality. Quality does not equal perfect, so don't twist my words. SCS is not perfect and we don't need perfect but quality is well appreciated. There will always be flaws with a game. Things take time to develop. Sure its not the pace most of us want but what can you do. No one here can't say that SCS has not grown and grown and grown in both size and experience since 2016. Growing from 50ish people or so to 300 people doesn't happen overnight. To me, it sure sounds like SCS is trying to up production as much as they can. The gaming industry is tough over there and you can't just plug John Doe into the equation and expect greatness. You must find the right people. That means 2 things. People that want to be there and people skilled enough to make an impact.

I talk about cutplanes all the time along with density. The further we go East, yes I think road density should and will increase.........but there is still a limit. Although Arkansas is heavily wooded, I still wouldn't jam pack it with marked cities. I'd go max 10 marked cities. With that said, SCS can easily provide remote depots to 3-4 unmarked cities. We can't get so caught up on city count when it doesn't really matter any more. As long as SCS can keep the trend of remote depots to unmarked cities...we good. So 10 marked cities in Arkansas can get up to 12-13 deliverable cities. We'd only need that 1-2 depots to represent a town. I'd rather see remote depots to scenic cities than trying to cram in too many marked cities. Washington pushed things to the limit. Things are off and I'd rather not see SCS push like that. Cutplanes can only do and save so much space. Mountains still take up space. Between treewalls and cutplanes, they should be able to provide some decent mapping though.
Sara

#312 Post by Sara » 27 Jan 2022 11:14

flight50 wrote: 26 Jan 2022 11:47 Secondly, there are not 2 teams per state. I have no idea where you got this from.
I never said there is 2 teams per state. I said there is currently 2 teams working on 2 map DLC's.

Oh wait, I did make that mistake within my post, I'm sorry flight50, it wasn't what I meant.
flight50

#313 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2022 13:05

No worries, lol. Just pointing out to avoid rumors. We do have infrequent visitors and guess that can take the wrong info and spread it like wildfire.
harishw8r

#314 Post by harishw8r » 27 Jan 2022 13:12

flight50 wrote: 27 Jan 2022 02:27 Washington pushed things to the limit. Things are off and I'd rather not see SCS push like that. Cutplanes can only do and save so much space. Mountains still take up space. Between treewalls and cutplanes, they should be able to provide some decent mapping though.
I totally agree with this one. I'd say a map as dense as Colorado (or even Wyoming with US-14 included) would be ideal for those smaller states. They are to the point and fairly accurate. Such mile to area ratio should be achievable even for smaller states like Arkansas.
angrybirdseller

#315 Post by angrybirdseller » 27 Jan 2022 14:35

Think, further east they will have less mountians to worry about and southern states tend to be treelined roads especially interstates, but space of 50-100 miles gap between cities you will be fine in most states. State like Florida they can cram 12-16 deliverable cities no problem that still tad bit larger than Arizona then at 1:35 scale. Arizona they jammed 16 cities in at old scale 1:35 it worked fine as they were spread out.
flight50

#316 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2022 14:56

To piggyback off what I said earlier, lets use Arkansas as an example. Pine Bluff, Ar should be marked. If SCS want to bring rice, there is Stuttgard, Ar. It's not necessary to mark it just for rice. Its only 36 miles from Pine Bluff. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pine+Bl ... !3e0?hl=en. This is a remote depot type situation for just this one depot. Stuttgart still gets in the game with US-79 making the connection to I-40 from Pine Bluff and we can get a major cargo for the US.

Remote depots is hopefully a trend that stays for ATS. This is how SCS gets those smaller cities/towns into the game. This also spreads industry for marked cities to encourage exploration. For 1.44, I seriously hope that phase 2 California comes along with the extra content from Wyoming. Anything added for these 2 areas can easily have remote depots. This is how industry spreads. So the more industry diversity, the more prefab options available to thin out sooooo much repeat prefabs. Repetitive prefabs don't bother everyone but it does effect some of us. I always look at the ETS2 variety. If things are not as repetitive there, I don't understand why ATS isn't viewed the same way. Why is repetitive acceptable in ATS but not existent in ETS2?

So again, the latest blogs for Montana and Texas are very very promising. I just hope its not a sporadic here are some new companies, now hush and then things dump down again like Idaho or Utah when we only get 0-2 new companies and nothing really towards improved ICCs. I firmly stand behind the thought that every dlc should introduce 1-2 things minimum for ICCs. Either of the 3, all 3, 2 out of 3 but not zero. Never zero again. That hurt and highly disappointing. Even 1.44 can bring something new to ATS without even being a new dlc. We don't ever need a new dlc to bring a new company or new cargo. Any update can do this. Now a new industry, yes, that is new dlc or major rebuild material. California reworks can bring new. Wyoming updates can bring new. Its all a matter of.....does SCS want to. Its not that they can't. In order for anything in life to be successful, time and effort must be applied. If ATS can get the same energy as ETS2, I have little doubt that ATS can be just as great.

I've been watching the Stream rating for ATS since it was just under 93% for the past 2-3 years. Each major update, each dlc, each new truck....that rating goes up and I'm more enthusiastic about where ATS is heading each year. Get out of the shadow of its big brother/sister, how ever we want to see it and ATS can stand on its own two feet giving the same opportunities as its older sibling. There is lots things left on the table that can happen for ATS. Hopefully the devs are starting to see the potential like I see it and many others of us on here that want to see it improved.
Sara

#317 Post by Sara » 28 Jan 2022 03:49

Anyways, I am wondering whether we're going to also see another ownable trailer in 1.44? I would love to own a fuel tanker trailer
flight50

#318 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2022 06:05

Tankers more than likely is a Texas release. We just got dumpers. They typically don't go back to back. The best we get for 1.44 is Lode King.
harishw8r

#319 Post by harishw8r » 28 Jan 2022 06:24

Lode king is a possibility, which also means we can expect a new variety of trailer - step deck.
flight50

#320 Post by flight50 » 28 Jan 2022 06:43

I soooo want that step deck. For me, I desire it more than tankers. I'm more of a lowboy, flatbed/step deck hauler. But due to limited cargo, I don't bother with owned trailers much at all. I like WoT and Freight Market due to the variety.

Return to “General discussion about the game”