Next ATS truck speculation

dkasper00

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#5341 Post by dkasper00 » 27 Jan 2022 01:09

Call me crazy, but I have a weird feeling that the W990 comes after the 9900I. For full truck 3 of the last 6 have been International. Western Star may very well be waiting on the replacement to the 5700 before approving a model(sadly). Mack may still require cooperation with Volvo. Seeing as SCS has recent dealings with paccar via DAF, something could be in the works.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
flight50

#5342 Post by flight50 » 27 Jan 2022 02:35

Its all a crap shoot on what comes. I kind of like it like this. I like the pop up trucks. A WS and VNL are the most speculated to arrive soon. We haven't gotten them yet despite a few hints of the possibility. One thing for sure though is that SCS needs to keep trucks cranking out to the public. I don't think there is a short supply of trucks for NA by any means. SCS could easily build trucks for ATS for the next decade and still be behind. Even at the rate of 2 trucks a year, that is only 20 trucks. That isn't even considering trucks to release in the future. There are tons of past out of production to consider. Increasing the vehicle team size is pretty much the only way to put a huge dent into the truck roster. But that is a lot of manpower to get free trucks. Charge for them to help fund the next license and the staff it takes to get them. You don't want to pay....don't buy it then. You can't complain if you are not willing to buy it. There are free trucks in the game as is. Regardless of what SCS said they will never charge for a truck. Things change and to get more, SCS just might have to eat those words. So be it. Won't affect how I view the game.

I'd rather pay for trucks if it helps get more. People don't work for free.
howey

#5343 Post by howey » 27 Jan 2022 03:36

If the 9900i is made to how I think it would be a shorter wheelbase like the Lonestar and LT then that will be my main SCS truck for the long term until they shorten the wheelbase on the W900 or make a 4900WS, FL122SD or some classic or some sort.

If the next gen 579 or 680 do make it in the short term then I will definitely give them a run as for a Aero model are clean and stylish. Be interesting to see how the digital dash operates in game too as I don't drive and will never drive the Cascadia in game as it's boring as batsh**t to me.

I could see a WS model being after the 9900i and I highly doubt it would be the 5700 replacement model the 57x or whatever it's called. Pavel already mentioned all manufactuers had been accounted for on obtaining a licence for a model for ATS before there was even any mention of the 49X irl. So to me that means that a model that was in production at the time was in the works and the the proposition WS made to SCS about the 49X pushed the original model back. The question is will be it the 4900 or 5700 that we will have to wait and see.

People talked about Paccar being quiet with trucks for ATS over the past few years but Volvo is no better but people remain optimistic about the new VNL coming soonish. I say this the past few streams that Pavel has made an appearance one thing that he has been confident about in revealing is the amount of truck models in the works. From the sounds of it OSCAR has done a awesome job on obtaining the licences needed to make both games more satisfying as far as trucks, trailers and even licenced equipment cargo DLC's. That bloke needs a pay rise. If there is anyone else in the Licencing department that works with Oscar then they need payrises too.

Only thing I wish that Pavel was confident in also is more cargo production and an economy restructure to meet the industries criteria and to stop some people like me complain and getting frustrated about it.
TheAmir259

#5344 Post by TheAmir259 » 27 Jan 2022 05:50

howey wrote: 27 Jan 2022 03:36 If the next gen 579 or 680 do make it in the short term then I will definitely give them a run as for a Aero model are clean and stylish. Be interesting to see how the digital dash operates in game too as I don't drive and will never drive the Cascadia in game as it's boring as batsh**t to me.
Personal preferences honestly. But i'll just say one thing. If you don't like the Cascadia, you'll definitely not be interested at all in the 57X. For me, the jump from Old to New (Cascadia) was already distinct, awesome and unique enough. But from the only teaser we got of the 57X, it looked absolutely horrible, nothing unique, not even well streamlined, especially the front grill, given that it was supposed to mirror the Cascadia, also not making it look unique.
howey wrote: 27 Jan 2022 03:36 I could see a WS model being after the 9900i and I highly doubt it would be the 5700 replacement model the 57x or whatever it's called. Pavel already mentioned all manufactuers had been accounted for on obtaining a licence for a model for ATS before there was even any mention of the 49X irl.
The problem that i see here is if Daimler/WS overwrites or refuses to grant the license for previous models. Experience has been shown from the Cascadia, in which it appears as if Daimler wasn't interested at all in introducing their older models into the game. But let's hope for the best and that Daimler/WS would allow it.
howey wrote: 27 Jan 2022 03:36 People talked about Paccar being quiet with trucks for ATS over the past few years but Volvo is no better but people remain optimistic about the new VNL coming soonish.
My thoughts right now is that SCS is too busy with other truck models, especially lately (2020) in trying to introduce more truck companies, so now that they've calmed down, it isn't impossible to see new Paccar trucks, so i won't say that Paccar's relation with SCS is not good at all.
howey wrote: 27 Jan 2022 03:36 Only thing I wish that Pavel was confident in also is more cargo production and an economy restructure to meet the industries criteria and to stop some people like me complain and getting frustrated about it.
It is not just you, i'm pretty sure the community is craving for this for a long time already. Economy Rework is gravely needed, but lets not pressure them, so that it would be nicely executed, properly implemented. We don't need a rushed update.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
harishw8r

#5345 Post by harishw8r » 03 Feb 2022 17:09

This T880 of Mexican market is interesting.
[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#5346 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Feb 2022 17:14

Tastes differ: I think it's ugly...
pigbrother

#5347 Post by pigbrother » 03 Feb 2022 17:16

Yeah, it looks pretty good with that front bumper, reminds me of T800 with a fairly similar bumper.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
axl135

#5348 Post by axl135 » 03 Feb 2022 18:02

I could be wrong, but I don’t think the air dam is available in the US for the T880. So I wonder if that model is marketed as a more general purpose truck in Mexico.
pigbrother

#5349 Post by pigbrother » 04 Feb 2022 10:23

I for one I've never seen that air dam and I watched a lot of traffic spotting videos. :)) Also the air deflector for the sleeper is not available in the US as far as I know. It looks very... Australian to me. :)
I have approximate knowledge of many things
axl135

#5350 Post by axl135 » 04 Feb 2022 14:25

I think the air dam for the 52” sleeper is available for the T680 in the US.

Return to “General discussion about the game”