[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Bober_Dober

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#161 Post by Bober_Dober » 24 Dec 2021 16:39

Carsmaniac wrote: 13 Nov 2021 02:19 @Bober_Dober I'm not sure what is causing that error. Nothing in Paintjob Packer creates an error called "Fatal error detected", so it's like an error from PyInstaller, the program I used to turn Paintjob Packer from a .py file into an .exe. If you have python installed, you could try downloading the source code and running packer.py, that might work. However judging by your screenshots, it looks like you're using Windows 7, which isn't supported by Paintjob Packer. A few people have reported weird issues before, and they seem to be unique to Windows 7, so you could try running the source code version, upgrade to Windows 10, or use a different program like Mods Studio. Sorry!

@Kamikaze500 This is a known bug with the Scania T mod. The rear chassis cover (the white part in your screenshot) does have a spot on the template, but for whatever reason the model in-game doesn't use it. This is an issue with the truck mod, and I can't fix it unfortunately, but as a workaround you can add a line to one of your .sii files and change the base colour of the paint job. Go into your mod folder, go to def/vehicle/truck/scania.t/paint_job and open the file with "_settings.sui" in its name. Then add a new line with "base_color_locked: false" at the end, just like this, making sure to leave an extra blank line at the end of the file. Then in-game you'll get a colour picker, and if you change that colour the chassis cover should change to match it. You might need to sell and re-buy your paint job for it to take effect. Good luck!
Thanks for Explanations. t’s a pity that it doesn’t work on Windows 7, but such is life. During this time, I already managed to get used to Mods Studio, but I want to thank you for the set of sweeps, it helped me a lot.
Leving PT

#162 Post by Leving PT » 29 Dec 2021 14:50

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Users/lsale/Desktop/Paintjob Packer Output/Skin Mercedes-Benz New Safety Truck by Leving_PT /manifest.sii'

Traceback:
File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1892, in __call__

File "packer.py", line 413, in <lambda>

File "packer.py", line 828, in check_if_folder_clear

File "packer.py", line 922, in make_paintjob

File "library\paintjob.py", line 115, in make_manifest_sii
file = open(output_path + "/manifest.sii", "w")
a3kp

#163 Post by a3kp » 05 Jan 2022 14:21

I don't understand why i get in-game a truck with my brand but also the drawn-lines of the template. I use paint.net for it. And save it with DXT5 with mipmaps.
what do i do wrong?
Trucker_71

#164 Post by Trucker_71 » 05 Jan 2022 14:49

You have to turn off the template layer before you merge the rest,
Carsmaniac

#166 Post by Carsmaniac » 12 Jan 2022 03:33

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your patience. I've been busy since mid-December with uni, real-life work and health problems, and for the past week and a half I've been working on a big update for Paint Job Packer (with a new UI, proper cross-platform support and community translations), as well as another trucksim-related project (involving buses).

Version 1.9 is coming soon (tm), hopefully some time this week! I'll also have more info regarding translations (using Crowdin) once it's all ready to go :)

@ThunderSky I've looked into adding support for mods like that (also Kast's rigid add-ons, the BDF tandem pack etc), but it got a little bit too messy because of how vehicle support works in the program right now. Either every truck entry would be duplicated (e.g. a regular Scania S, and a one with the swap body parts, and one with the Kast rigid, etc), or the swap body would get its own entry and apply to every supported vehicle when you use it, but when I tried that I ran into problems using multiple rigid mods alongside each other, and with certain vehicle combinations.

Ultimately I decided to avoid add-on mods that affect a whole bunch of trucks like that, since the UI would be too complex or the program would have a bunch of annoying edge cases where it wouldn't work correctly. I'd recommend using Mods Studio 2 instead, it's much better at making complicated paint job mods like that. Paint Job Packer streamlines the process of making a basic paint job, but for more complex mods I think you'll need to stick to MS2, just like for metallic/colour changeable mods.

@dahl I haven't seen that error before, it looks like one of the required files (init.tcl) didn't install properly, or it can't be accessed. You could try reinstalling Paint Job Packer (uninstalling it first), that might fix it. May I ask what version of Windows you're using? I've seen some weird errors from Windows 7 users, and while I haven't seen this particular one before, that might be the cause.

@Leving PT Thank you for reporting the crash! It looks like Windows doesn't allow spaces at the end of folder names, so since your mod name has a space at the end, everything goes wrong. I'll add a check to Paint Job Packer to ensure that doesn't happen any more.
Saspunas

#167 Post by Saspunas » 15 Jan 2022 11:32

Hello. Thanks for your efforts. I'd like to include Volvo DLC Tuning Pack's accessory paints into my paintjob. How can i do?

There is my problem: https://www.upload.ee/image/13795951/Untitled-2.jpg
Agent_Orange

#168 Post by Agent_Orange » 27 Jan 2022 09:29

@Saspunas: I think the problem with your Volvo skin is your "chassis cover" image file isn't the correct size or is an incorrect file type. Either that or the files for your skin are leading to the game displaying the wrong file for that part.

In my experience, those errors above result in panels displaying bright pink!
Carsmaniac

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#169 Post by Carsmaniac » 27 Jan 2022 10:23

Hey everyone, today I have a huge update to share with you all, v1.9! Paint Job Packer now has full cross-platform support, a beautiful new UI theme with dark mode support, community-based localisation and much more!

You can download Paint Job Packer here!

Localisation is powered by community submissions on Crowdin, the same platform SCS and other trucksim mod projects use. At launch it supports English and Czech, thanks to the generous contributions of Etrusan. If you're multilingual and you'd like to contribute, head over to Crowdin, your help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I hope everyone enjoys, and please let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

Here's the full changelog:

Code: Select all

Version 1.9
- Proper cross-platform support, with Windows, macOS and Linux versions
- Overhauled UI with a new theme, dark mode support and consistent spacing on different OSes
- Localisation powered by community submissions, starting with English and Czech
- Renamed program to Paint Job Packer, since Paintjob is a typo that I just kinda stuck with
- Automated error reporting and basic anonymous telemetry
- Display diacritics on vehicle names and mod authors
- Support for the new SCS Dumper trailers, and updated support for DAF 2021 and Freightliner Cascadia
- Support for 12 new mods
    - Cristhian's Caio Apache VIP I
    - AlexP's Featherlite NASCAR Hauler
    - dmitry68's Freightliner Inspiration
    - FASTER CGO's International 9800i
    - Krille's Kentucky Moving Van
    - Dotec's Kögel Cargo & Cargo Mega
    - DielingWu's Mack R Series Super-Liner
    - Gloover's MAN TGX Euro 6 2015
    - Ekualizer's Mercedes-Benz 1632 NG
    - Chief86's Peterbilt 379X
    - Allen Rezbilt's Rezbilt 389
    - RJL's SISU R- & C-series
- Fixed 5 bugs
    - Fixed crash when making a mod with paint job/mod names ending with a space
    - Fixed scrolling on macOS and Linux
    - Fixed separate (split) paint jobs being made for trucks marked no separate paint jobs
    - Fixed bus pack boolean in Paint Job Tracker files
    - Fixed crash caused by incorrectly expanded user desktop folder

Version 1.9.1
- More resilient error reporter
Edit: I just released a quick hotfix with a crash reporter that's more likely to actually work. Sorry to the people that already downloaded v1.9! :S
OMNI

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

#170 Post by OMNI » 27 Jan 2022 13:30

Thank you very much for the update
Yellow ranger since 2.60
ProMods Developer since 2.63

Return to “Skins”