Problems with default reversing speed (real trucker feedback and question)

brohamburger

Problems with default reversing speed (real trucker feedback and question)

#1 Post by brohamburger » 25 Jan 2022 21:12

Hello I am a trucker in real life I drive a 2021 Freightliner Cascadia and have experience with pulling flatbad and reefer trailers.

I have found that the default reverse speed (foot off the gas)is too high: In real life it is half this speed. The reason is you often need to be going slower with your foot off the gas to get small adjustments and give yourself better reaction time, rather than hitting the brakes every time you need to slow down or readjust your trajectory. In real life every time you hit the brakes when you're backing, it can throw you off a bit. It's always better to just slow down and readjust. My point is it's supposed to be a simulator but it's unrealistic in my experience.

My request for devs is can you please add an option for default reverse speed. I can not find a mod for this, if there is please let me know.
parasaurolophus67

Re: Problems with default reversing speed (real trucker feedback and question)

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 25 Jan 2022 21:13

your suggestion would be fitting in this thread: wishlist and suggestions viewforum.php?f=185
murdoch82

#3 Post by murdoch82 » 25 Jan 2022 21:38

hmm, Its been a long time since I even tested reverse off idle power, I know I tested going forward and pulling away even with a load but reverse, I dont think I have... interesting observation, I imagine it depends on what gearbox you have installed as well. Very good and interesting point! :)
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 28 Jan 2022 18:11

this depends on gearbox, engine idle RPM, differential ratio, and also wheel radius. this defines minimum speed exactly, the truck does not have any choice or degree of freedom.
easiest way to change the speed in game is to equip different transmission. theoreticaly change of engine or rear wheels could also help but there are only marginal differences at best.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”