UK License plate replace on ETS2 1.44

FANSIM

UK License plate replace on ETS2 1.44

#1 Post by FANSIM » 15 May 2022 20:51

In ETS2 1.44, there update uk license plate which EU logo changed to UK flags and SCS didn't added to change log, why?
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: UK License plate replace on ETS2 1.44

#2 Post by Madkine » 15 May 2022 22:00

Perhaps they felt it was too small a change to call out?

There are many,many changes that they don't list in changelogs.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Garrington_Levy

#3 Post by Garrington_Levy » 16 May 2022 22:16

Also, scs got the plates wrong, the 'uk' as whole does not use unionist flags on all cars or trucks, thats only the english - we (Wales) use our own flag with our language on nowadays as we are slowly pushing for our independance from the the saes.
Has anyone ever been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Pixelclone

#4 Post by Pixelclone » 18 May 2022 11:33

Garrington_Levy wrote: 16 May 2022 22:16 Also, scs got the plates wrong, the 'uk' as whole does not use unionist flags on all cars or trucks, thats only the english - we (Wales) use our own flag with our language on nowadays as we are slowly pushing for our independance from the the saes.
Ignoring your clear bias, only the UK flag is recognised on registration plates outside of the UK. The Welsh, Scottish or English flag on the plate would require a UK oval sticker when travelling on the continent, whereas the UK oval sticker isn't needed if the UK flag is on the plate.

Ironically, the you are still correct about SCS getting the plates wrong as the plates have to have UK on them with the UK flag, not GB.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/driving-in- ... ber-plates
If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.

However, you will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

a GB identifier with the Union flag
a Euro symbol
a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
numbers and letters only – no flag or identifier
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#5 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 May 2022 11:59

TBH all this is kind of mute. I think they should give us additional options on WoTr for custom plates to include E/S/W flags and use GB or UK.

While international travel requires specific things IRL, the game falls short in several areas, including the fact the oval UK sticker is mandatory when travelling in Spain regardless of what is on the number plate. So why not go all out on custom plates instead?
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Pixelclone

#6 Post by Pixelclone » 18 May 2022 12:22

The bare minimum in the game should be to have the UK identifier with the UK flag, maybe even with a UK sticker on the back to be safe.

I'd love WoT to open up its customisation so people can choose their own flag and identifier. We can already choose registration plates which would be illegal in real life so why not give us more customisation and choose a flash/banner that would be illegal?
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 May 2022 13:43

I don't really see it as an issue, since all the UK plates in the game are only seen in the UK since cars don't travel abroad. The only number plates that really need fixing are player plates, which could be covered in a custom wotr plate update.

I doubt that will ever happen though and TBH the in game number plates are so low quality I am seriously considering using custom mod ones going forward any way.
[ external image ]
Space_Night

#8 Post by Space_Night » 22 May 2022 23:17

Will you be adding templates for custom plates on your trailer mods @Mohegan13 ?
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#9 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 May 2022 09:35

Unlikely since I won't be releasing the custom plates 😜
[ external image ]

Return to “Gameplay Questions”