Improve the game a lot more people would play.

DarkD92

Re: Improve the game a lot more people would play.

#11 Post by DarkD92 » 17 May 2022 14:31

I saw a game on mobile games, it's called Grand Truck Simulator2, don't get me wrong, I'm not a mobile player, I just downloaded it to look at the features in that lousy (sorry) game.

And even in this limited mobile game, I've seen very surprising features, I think it's a matter of vision.
You can get in and out of the vehicle in the game, you can open the hood and add engine oil and radiator water, when you crash, the radiotor is damaged and the vehicle overheats. You can look at many interior statistics, you can look at the weight distribution on the axles, you can turn the cockpit light on and off, it seems like a friction sound is heard when you hit the brakes. If Scs wanted to do it, he would do it, but.... your fellow software developers need a change of vision.
Optional Features

#12 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 16:14

HappyHippo wrote: 17 May 2022 09:41 They could at least complete the roads behind the crosses. To have more alternative roads.
Or just open the ones that are already completed. There are several of those.
Optional Features

#13 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 16:17

DarkD92 wrote: 17 May 2022 14:31 I saw a game on mobile games, it's called Grand Truck Simulator2, don't get me wrong, I'm not a mobile player, I just downloaded it to look at the features in that lousy (sorry) game.

And even in this limited mobile game, I've seen very surprising features, I think it's a matter of vision.
You can get in and out of the vehicle in the game, you can open the hood and add engine oil and radiator water, when you crash, the radiotor is damaged and the vehicle overheats. You can look at many interior statistics, you can look at the weight distribution on the axles, you can turn the cockpit light on and off, it seems like a friction sound is heard when you hit the brakes. If Scs wanted to do it, he would do it, but.... your fellow software developers need a change of vision.
That's why I keep saying ATS is basically a mobile game with a larger than normal map, ported to PC. Mobile games, most free, have come a long ways from where they started, and many are starting to have graphics equal to or better than these games, or features like dirt and cargo physics and so on.

Check out video of Truckers of Europe 3. It's an ETS2 knockoff for mobile that showcases a number of thing I wish we could have.
DarkD92

#14 Post by DarkD92 » 17 May 2022 19:41

Yes, I saw that mobile game, I think they were Turkish. It promises nice features such as graphics, sounds, pollution and washing. It is quite assertive on mobile.
HappyHippo

#16 Post by HappyHippo » 09 Jul 2022 11:37

The most depressing forum. Worst forum ever. Why was it created? People write and write their wishes and suggestions, but I have not seen feedback from the developers anywhere. Total depression. I posted here because I am an ATS fan.
See you in America!
rookie31st

#17 Post by rookie31st » 09 Jul 2022 15:55

@HappyHippo Sadly, your observation is correct. SCS Software became less involved in the forums, and I think it is mostly due to them hiring a community manager to do the job and most interactions are done on social media and Twitch now. This forum is utilized mostly for bug reports. They still collect feedback, but they definitely don't participate in discussions as much as they did in the past. This forum is less active than Steam forums, but over there most topics about future game development usually become very toxic really quickly thanks to aggressively defensive #BestCommunityEver
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#18 Post by Optional Features » 10 Jul 2022 00:50

HappyHippo wrote: 09 Jul 2022 11:37 The most depressing forum. Worst forum ever. Why was it created? People write and write their wishes and suggestions, but I have not seen feedback from the developers anywhere. Total depression. I posted here because I am an ATS fan.
It's a place for us to dream about what the game could be
while realizing that it will never become that.

American Truck Stimulator (stimulates the imagination).

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”