General AI Discussion

Fae

Re: General AI Discussion

#231 Post by Fae » 17 May 2022 20:15

Virtual Trucker 51 wrote: 17 May 2022 16:13 ATS and ETS2 games since the release, so I have no doubts about my driving skills, I guess I just had a bad day to drive, in my defense, I'll say I use a mod of real traffic density and ratio, the problem is that when a lot of AI cars appear on the road it starts to mess, this mode adjusts the density of AI is completely different from the density from SCS
I use traffic density mods, also. We all have bad days driving. Especially if the Lexus logo is involved. LOL. But yeah it had to have been a bad day, as I only have collisions in This game if I am purposefully ramming BMW or Lexus cars after getting home from the road in real life. Man, this game can be a great de-stresser after driving truck across this country. LOL.
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#232 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 17 May 2022 21:57

The bad AI is the one and only reason that I started modding. The first mod I created was a No Damage mod. In the meantime I've created some other mods, but this No Damage mod is the only mod I always use with every profile. So I don't care too much anymore about the bad AI, but it would be nice that the real strange behaviour will be fixed. And maybe, maybe the time will come that I can ditch my No Damage mod.
Viper28

#233 Post by Viper28 » 18 May 2022 04:10

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 17 May 2022 21:57 The bad AI is the one and only reason that I started modding. The first mod I created was a No Damage mod. In the meantime I've created some other mods, but this No Damage mod is the only mod I always use with every profile. So I don't care too much anymore about the bad AI, but it would be nice that the real strange behaviour will be fixed. And maybe, maybe the time will come that I can ditch my No Damage mod.
is there a box that one can tick to turn off damage?
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Vinnie Terranova

#234 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 18 May 2022 05:23

No, because otherwise I wouldn't need to create a No Damage mod.
Trucker Nik

#235 Post by Trucker Nik » 06 Jul 2022 10:01

Traffic in ATS and ETS is so terribly blunt that even a chicken is wiser, than traffic from scs, it's fine until the cars start braking or until a column forms, then it's a disaster, is there a stream where Pavel or some developer with SCS, is he talking about working on rework traffic? Sometimes I think that I will stop playing ATS and ETS2, until SCS rework traffic
nautofon

#236 Post by nautofon » 06 Jul 2022 11:04

supersobes wrote: 17 May 2022 15:39While the AI traffic acts stupid, it also acts very predictably. It's more predictable than real-life drivers.
Yes, exactly! This is another one of those headscratchers with the AI. Why does it have to be so predictable?

My guess would be that "simply" making the AI behave more randomly would cause a lot more AI vs. AI crashes. So even if we ignored that introducing randomness is probably not in fact that simple, this aspect may be hard to tune just right.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
Bobble2020

#237 Post by Bobble2020 » 21 Jun 2023 18:51

Traffic almost stopping every single time they pass a police car with its blue lights on .
Traffic on slip roads not giving way coming onto a freeway
Lorries braking hard on the freeway to go onto a slip road instead of slowing down once onto the slip road
Traffic stopping to let you go then promptly setting off again
TheDonny2014

#238 Post by TheDonny2014 » 21 Jun 2023 22:10

@Bobble2020

I know what you mean trust me! Sometimes they even block the on-ramps. I've had to on many occasions resort to illegal stuff like drive on the soft-shoulder or overtake a line of stopped traffic and then agressively force myself back in.
And sometimes too, when you're trying to swing wide an ai car will come all the way up leaving you with no room to maneuver. I've had to back up numerous times in order to make the turn.
And don't even mention the ai cop cars! They're a law onto themselves! :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”