Montana Discussion Thread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#1321 Post by supersobes » 17 May 2022 17:49

Some details worth noting in regards to traffic control devices in today's blog, it looks like ATS is getting a version of the yellow double arrow sign with black and yellow hashing around it, and it appears in image 2 that some new traffic signal models for Montana have made an appearance.

[ external image ] [ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#1322 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 May 2022 17:55

These pictures do look great, fantastic even, but the Wallbert freight center in pic 10 is really rubbing me the wrong way. In real life, it's a FedEx. We have a FedEx imitator with a newly redesigned logo, PostEd. Why is it not a PostEd? We very much need PostEd and UDS depots in ATS. I don't know why we haven't gotten them, especially in this instance where it's a clear opportunity. There are 114+ Wallbert-owned depots in ATS so far. Why inflate that number any more than it needs to be?
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Bedavd

#1323 Post by Bedavd » 17 May 2022 18:52

oldmanclippy wrote: 17 May 2022 16:55 #5: Fictionalized road just south of the Original Mine off of N Main St: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+O ... nRfdmVudWU Not positive about this one
I think you're right. The two buildings on the other street are right here on Montana and Quartz. It looks like the Butte Detention Center has been knocked down in favor of a new development lol. So I think they're throwing this P&S into the gap of Quartz street between Montana and Alaska.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
SuchManor

#1324 Post by SuchManor » 17 May 2022 20:36

supersobes wrote: 17 May 2022 17:49 Some details worth noting in regards to traffic control devices in today's blog, it looks like ATS is getting a version of the yellow double arrow sign with black and yellow hashing around it, and it appears in image 2 that some new traffic signal models for Montana have made an appearance.
The double arrow sign is currently in the editor.
Last edited by supersobes on 17 May 2022 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed images form quote [Forum rule 2.3]
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
Kaleidescoop

#1325 Post by Kaleidescoop » 17 May 2022 21:42

@oldmanclippy Agreed. We honestly have too many Wallberts already and half of those should be swapped out for something that represents Target. We don't need even MORE Wallberts that replace completely different companies that should have had their own name and logo in ATS instead.

On a similar note though, even if SCS doesn't design any new companies there are so many that already exist in the game that could be made deliverable. PostEd, UDS, Poweco, the used car dealers that don't have their own brand (swap them out for brands we already have in-game like Frog/Tough, etc.), Sale-Mart, etc. It's nice to see that Montana is getting more companies (and hopefully more cargo to match) but that doesn't change the fact that the deliverable companies already there and still being re-used over and over again in every new state is feeling more and more lacking.
I think trucks are cool.
supersobes
Global moderator

#1326 Post by supersobes » 17 May 2022 22:38

SuchManor wrote: 17 May 2022 20:36 The double arrow sign is currently in the editor.
Ah, good to know! I haven't actually looked in the editor since 1.44 came out.
flight50

#1327 Post by flight50 » 18 May 2022 18:49

oldmanclippy wrote: 17 May 2022 17:55 These pictures do look great, fantastic even, but the Wallbert freight center in pic 10 is really rubbing me the wrong way. In real life, it's a FedEx. We have a FedEx imitator with a newly redesigned logo, PostEd. Why is it not a PostEd? We very much need PostEd and UDS depots in ATS. I don't know why we haven't gotten them, especially in this instance where it's a clear opportunity. There are 114+ Wallbert-owned depots in ATS so far. Why inflate that number any more than it needs to be?
I totally agree and this is very very disappointing. I am starting to second guess all the Wallberts we do have in the game now. I wouldn't be surprised if half are not actually Walmarts. I think I'm going to have to look into this and come up with a list of what is realistic and what is a fake location of a Walmart. I doubt you'd see this type of activity in ETS2. I can't make out why ATS gets done like this.
Travismods

#1328 Post by Travismods » 18 May 2022 19:41

Probably because in terms of cargo and companies, ATS is more of an afterthought for SCS compared to ETS2. I think it's pretty evident that SCS lacks a lot of understanding and knowledge about the US in general, knowledge that they automatically have for Europe, since thats where they are based and their employees have references to. Of course, they could research it all for ATS, and they research some things, but they seem to lack understanding around a ton of things in the US still, be it vegetation, companies, cargo, truck sounds, infrastructure, highway systems and whatever else they misrepresent in all over ATS. In this regard, you'd probably automatically would have gotten better US authenticity if SCS was an american company. The US is not their home, so making some mistakes is probably expected, but as many as they do kind of suggests they don't do enough US relevant research.
oldmanclippy

#1329 Post by oldmanclippy » 18 May 2022 20:30

@flight50 I don't want to go through them all at the moment, but of the 24 "non-food warehouse" Wallberts listed on the wiki, we have a UPS in Sacramento marked as a Wallbert, and I would need to check Redding, Ogden, Cheyenne, Denver, and Colorado Springs in-game to see where the Wallberts are because the wiki doesn't have detailed maps for those cities. I think marking distribution centers as Wallberts hasn't happened much because distribution centers haven't been much of a focus before recently.

What I did learn from that research, is that most Wallbert "warehouses" are either fictionalized, or in place of a Sam's Club, Costco, Safeway, or Whole Foods, which is a whole different problem.

I do think that a map showing what all the 114 Wallberts are actually IRL would be hilarious. I bet less than 1/3 of them are Walmarts. Maybe I'll get started on that...

...I got started on it. Link in my signature :lol: So far we're at 7 real Walmarts out of 53 (generously) in CA, NV, AZ, and NM.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#1330 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2022 00:47

Oh I wasn't asking you to go thru it my friend.....I'm going to take the time to research myself.

Now this new microsite..........I see Glacier National Park on it. Hmmmm. I am not sure if that means US-2 and US-89 only to see it, orrrr if that means we get "Going to the Sun Rd as a scenic route which connects US-2 West Glacier to US-89 St. Mary. Its only 50 miles so in ATS that could be 3-4 miles. That would be cool. Yellowstone is on there again so that more than likely solidifies US-89 coming out of Wyoming. I hope Gardiner is a scenic town and we get that cool North Entrance gate.

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”