Please SCS, stop placing invisible walls so aggressively. It's taking the fun out of the beautiful map.

Optional Features

Re: Please SCS, stop placing invisible walls so aggressively. It's taking the fun out of the beautiful map.

#21 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 23:11

Then there's this, a prefab where SCS placed gates inside the prefab to prevent players from accessing the parking lot which can be seen clearly from the road. I'd love to hear a logical explanation for this.

I'm sure it'll be something like "well, trucks don't go there irl" or "so you don't get stuck" or some other justification of what is clearly unnecessary effort by the dev team to keep us out of their own work.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

To sum up SCS mapping strategy in a nutshell, aside from the very limited number of areas we are allowed to use, it's a digital version of this meme:

[ external image ]
abasstreppas

Re: Please SCS, stop placing invisible walls so aggressively. It's taking the fun out of the beautiful map.

#22 Post by abasstreppas » 17 May 2022 23:12

Maybe one day they will add the opportunity to own (buy) a house for yourself and not only garages. They probably decided those farms are owned by "someone" and that's why they're not accessible. I guess it's quite easy to mod that farm though and make it accessible ;)
Travismods

#24 Post by Travismods » 17 May 2022 23:18

Yeah, its easy and I have, I'm just flabbergasted that SCS went to such lengths, across the whole map, to block nearly every residential house and driveway off to the player with either an invisible or visible wall. What was the reasoning? I don't think they made an active decision in that somebody owns these houses - even if they did, why would all of them have gates closed or invisible walls where the gates are open? That's not how people leave them IRL even, many leave them open for easy access.

It's like SCS don't understand what makes an open world fun at its core. Being able to use a map and its detail makes it fun, closing everything off into the decorative makes a world feel dead. It's not getting better either - Wyoming DLC is full of these idiotic walls especially where they should not be.

@seriousmods No fun allowed. No parking lot for you. You are truck driver you can't drive there. Follow the route, press the button, job done, bestcommunityever.
Last edited by Travismods on 17 May 2022 23:23, edited 2 times in total.
abasstreppas

#25 Post by abasstreppas » 17 May 2022 23:20

You have to pay with a SCS token to park there and to open the gates, didn't you get one when you bought the game? :P :lol:
Optional Features

#26 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 23:24

koolizz wrote: 17 May 2022 23:18 @seriousmods No fun allowed. No parking lot for you. You are truck driver you can't drive there. Follow the route, press the button, job done, bestcommunityever.
Lol, the only open world game where getting lost is impossible because the route to the destination is the only route possible.

[ external image ]
Optional Features

#27 Post by Optional Features » 17 May 2022 23:24

abasstreppas wrote: 17 May 2022 23:20 You have to pay with a SCS token to park there and to open the gates, didn't you get one when you bought the game? :P :lol:
I guess not: maybe no steam support lol.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”