Underpowered engines, fuel flow measurements etc.....

Jarrad

Re: Underpowered engines, fuel flow measurements etc.....

#11 Post by Jarrad » 09 Jan 2016 13:01

Scaling plays a big part too. Being that the standard map is 1:19 Scale

I tend to notice that performance tends go "realisticise" itself using the Hungary/northern Scandinavia/ Lower Scaled maps
KW_Driver

#12 Post by KW_Driver » 14 Jan 2016 02:07

another thing you are probably missing is that engine is only part of the equation.... the engine does things, but the transmission MOVES things.. and the transmissions in this game are set up with a median general purpose intent.. ZF makes 14 different AS-Tronic transmissions, and only one of them is represented in game (with the option of having a retarder or not)... transmissions and differentials are like wrenches, you choose one for the job you are doing.. shallow gears are for flat-land, moderate load, economic running, while steeper gears are for heavier loads or more mountainous regions.. too shallow a gear set, and you will find yourself grabbing gears as fast as you can when encountering steep grades and feeling like your truck is gutless.. having too steep a gear set will have you felling all the power in the world, while at the same time wasting fuel on the flats and burning holes in your profits trying to keep your speed up...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not a good idea!
My World of Trucks profile
Truckedoutnoob

#13 Post by Truckedoutnoob » 11 May 2022 04:24

gerbiepiep wrote: 07 Jan 2016 11:53 This has been a subject spoken about plenty of times, and it falls on deaf ears.

Personally i find the high hp/torque trucks rather gutless going up a hill.
Murph wrote: I'm not saying that the current simulation is perfect, only that the game's auto gear selection is a major factor in problems with heavy loads and maintaining speed.
And this is true, the auto gearbox is clunky by all means, but even manual shifting doesnt make that big a difference.
If you can find the sii file somewhere for the engines or if your using the drivetrain revision mod it'll just be in your x86 workshop files you can edit the shift points I spent about a day tuning them and now my scania drives almost exactly like real life
925rpm to 1425 low gears and 840rpm to 1400 high gears seems to work best I like being able to actually put my g33cm into od at 850rpm on the highway
alluke

#14 Post by alluke » 11 May 2022 05:34

It was the one update (1.38?) in the past that changed how kickdown works. Now you cannot maintain high revs on uphills without cutting throttle that slows you down even more.
Corvinus

#15 Post by Corvinus » 11 May 2022 22:17

alluke wrote: 11 May 2022 05:34 It was the one update (1.38?) in the past that changed how kickdown works. Now you cannot maintain high revs on uphills without cutting throttle that slows you down even more.
Hotkey manual override (M + -) and use it like IRL drivers do. I use it on heavy hills all the time to hold the gear I want.
alluke

#16 Post by alluke » 12 May 2022 05:12

@Corvinus doesn't work with simple automatic
David Paterson

#17 Post by David Paterson » 18 May 2022 07:32

The low powered trucks in this game feel particularly gutless.

I tried to create a copy of my RL truck, 10.4t, 4x2 rigid pan with 175hp and 6 spd manual; in game I was using 320hp and it feels slower than my RL 175hp.

Return to “General discussion about the game”