Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
20%
BeNeLux
58%
Poland
11%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 278

oldmanclippy

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#381 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 May 2022 18:17

Yeah the only way I think it could release this year is if Northern Italy is the plan. Switzerland is too difficult to map landscape wise, and BeNeLux is too difficult to map city-wise, to get it out in 2022. Even then, Northern Italy would require city reworks as well so 2022 is unlikely for that as well.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
David Paterson

#382 Post by David Paterson » 18 May 2022 07:39

I'm surprised by the diversity of opinions, to me the answer is obvious; UK is the oldest and it's of clearly the lowest standard, so fix it first!
guilhem1

#383 Post by guilhem1 » 18 May 2022 09:29

David Paterson wrote: 18 May 2022 07:39 I'm surprised by the diversity of opinions, to me the answer is obvious; UK is the oldest and it's of clearly the lowest standard, so fix it first!
the united kingdom is not a country of passage between countries contrary to switzerland or the benelux here is why it loses in importance in my opinion
TeeJii

#384 Post by TeeJii » 18 May 2022 10:04

My opinion is that BeNeLux is most important but also Scandinavia needs also some new stuff?
SenseFM

#385 Post by SenseFM » 18 May 2022 14:30

krmarci wrote: 14 May 2022 07:05 It was updated when VlF came out.
I see thanks, although it seems that the update wasn't as thorough as the posterior Germany and Austria reworks.

Back to the topic, I'd be very happy if either the UK or Switzerland were next. Switzerland is very scenic would bring more Alps, but the UK is so old and inaccurate that I think that is in a more desperate need. There are almost no road sections based in real life, except maybe the A68 between Newcastle and Edinburgh.
jackalnxt

#386 Post by jackalnxt » 19 May 2022 11:10

A lot of anglosphere people who've never played ETS2 before (and don't have any of the DLCs) are likely to start in the UK, as it is the most 'familiar' to them.

And if we follow the logic of reworking the base map in age order - it's now the UK's turn.
Trenero

#387 Post by Trenero » 19 May 2022 16:03

They can think also that they need to rework first than UK the Going East DLC, since is the "starter" DLC and the cheapest, and is needed to go to other DLCs.
After all UK is not a pass through territory like other areas, and anglosphere i think is UK and Austrailia only, USA players I think would like more to drive in the correct side of the road :lol:

Right now Going East DLC is not on par with the quality of other DLCs and even some of the base map that was reworked.
I think as importan as it is have a completly reworked base map, is to have this DLC on par with the rest.
Just imaging that your new to the game and you like it and so you buy the cheapest DLC to have more territories, but to your surprise that DLC is not on par with base map, probably you won't buy any new DLC.

That said I think they are secretly working in UK with a Small team doing it from scratch with the same scale rest of the map, and when all the rework were finished is when they will put it into the game.

Now I think they have a great oportunity to rework first the countries that in the near future will be border with new DLCs, like Hungary for the "Balkans DLC"(Probably the reason why they choose rework first Austria) that way when a new DLC launch they will have the borders already reworked and ready, and after that rework the rest of the not reworked countries I think starting from the most crossed and in the middle ones, like Switzerland, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia.
Benelux and UK are more in a corner and are easily avoidables, and as SCS improves in their reworks the late they reworked the more they know and better the quality will be.
Last edited by Trenero on 19 May 2022 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
oldmanclippy

#388 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 May 2022 16:09

I also would like to see Going East, especially Hungary, reworked, but the last we heard from SCS on the subject, no DLC will get a rework until the base map reworks are complete. Until we hear otherwise, I would not expect Going East to get reworked any time soon.

I cry a bit inside everytime I cross the Deák Ferenc Bridge on the M0 outside Budapest, and am able to see a cityscape.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Trenero

#389 Post by Trenero » 19 May 2022 16:20

Maybe not the full DLC will be reworked, but only Hungary because is border with the Blakans DLC I think will be an aproppiate movement from SCS, that way they have all the borders with that DLC reworked (Hungary is slightly bigger than Austria.)

Poland probably will be done in phases because is much bigger than Austria but the rest are smaller so they can do it in one go.
by order of size 1.Czech republic, 2.Benelux,(This 2 first ones are almost same size as Austria) 3.Slovakia, 4.Switzerland(This last 2 are a bit more than half Austria and with Swiss they can rework a bit the north of Italy)
xXCARL1992Xx

#390 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 May 2022 16:26

they wont rework anything that is from a DLC until the basemap is done, the didnt rework Poland either for Beyond the Baltic Sea
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”