Next ATS truck speculation

YoMi

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6321 Post by YoMi » 18 May 2022 03:40

I agree that nothing SCS uploads to their social networks is a confirmation.

But from what I saw, the only thing that can really mean anything is the Volvo VNL sound recording.

Since it is a recording within the official company. If only sounds of a VNL had been recorded somewhere, with some everyday driver, it would not mean anything, but this time it was recorded within the Volvo company.

Just down the road may be the Mack Pinnacle, which was displayed inside the Mack museum.

So, what I expect now is the incorporation of the Volvo VNL, although SCS does not say anything, for me it is a truck that can appear in 2022.

(Pavel has mentioned that all brands have a truck in progress, the VNL is now very likely).
DAFmanXFE6

#6322 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 18 May 2022 09:07

I’ll be very happy when the pinnacle comes, whenever that may be. My gut tells me the VNL is finally coming now and is being worked on alongside whatever WS plans are afoot
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Trenero

#6323 Post by Trenero » 18 May 2022 10:02

Pinnacle is the real bulldog, and great opportunity to implement dynamic dirt on trucks to have the proper working truck in game:lol:
Wolfi
Beta tester

#6324 Post by Wolfi » 18 May 2022 10:09

Well, I think we're all aware at this point that WS 57X will make it into the game at some point. For any other truck that might come, I bet it will make some people happy and upset a whole bunch of others, as with every truck release.
Personally, I'll be happy with anything SCS gives us as it's always more variety and more quality options for people who want them.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#6325 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 18 May 2022 10:33

more variety and more quality is a great thing
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
EllieODaire

#6326 Post by EllieODaire » 22 May 2022 15:07

@flight50 It's starting to even out, but the T680 Next Gen definitely had a higher volume out of the gate.

One interesting thing I've begun noticing though is that the T680 Next Gen seems to have a more fragile aero package, I'm already seeing lots of them with pieces missing from the skirts or fairings. Seeing a lot of 579 Next Gens specced for non-aero applications too which is interesting. They're hard to tell apart from the old style when they have the old bumper and sleeper. The Angry Eyes headlights and new hood are the only things different on some specs!
rantervate

#6327 Post by rantervate » 25 May 2022 01:35

Wolfi wrote: 18 May 2022 10:09 Well, I think we're all aware at this point that WS 57X will make it into the game at some point. For any other truck that might come, I bet it will make some people happy and upset a whole bunch of others, as with every truck release.
Personally, I'll be happy with anything SCS gives us as it's always more variety and more quality options for people who want them.
I agree, more trucks are always better than fewer trucks and I will happily try out anything SCS can give us. I think where people get grumpy is when they think that SCS should have allocated their resources differently, for example, putting more money towards map development instead of adding trucks, or pursuing a different set of models. There are arguments to be made on both sides. By the end of the year, I very much hope to be driving one of the new PACCARs or the new-style Volvo VNL across Texas, but if I find myself cruising across Montana in a Western Star 57X instead, that would be pretty great too.

We already got the 9900i this year, and it sounds likely that sometime this summer we'll get a Western Star 57X as the "exclusive" content that Daimler promised. Would we get a third truck at the end of the year? International and Daimler have seemed like they are far more enthusiastic partners recently than any other manufacturer, just reading between the lines from what has been hinted at on live streams, looking at who is tweeting "thank you" to the SCS community, etc. It is pretty clear that some manufacturers are much more enthusiastic about partnering with SCS than others, and they are the ones getting their trucks into the game and getting constant new patches and updates to their trucks.

So then the question is if there is a third truck, would it be another International or Daimler product, or would we get something from one of the brands we haven't heard from in a while?
harishw8r

#6328 Post by harishw8r » 25 May 2022 03:25

Well, the chances are plenty I’d say. That also means there’s a good chance of one (maybe two) trucks apart from 57X making into the game. Only time will tell.

I’m still sticking to my speculation that 5700XE and new VNL would be the next two truck additions.
rantervate

#6329 Post by rantervate » 25 May 2022 05:39

harishw8r wrote: 25 May 2022 03:25 Well, the chances are plenty I’d say. That also means there’s a good chance of one (maybe two) trucks apart from 57X making into the game. Only time will tell.

I’m still sticking to my speculation that 5700XE and new VNL would be the next two truck additions.
Do you think 5700XE or 57X though? I could see it both ways, it sounded like when the 49X came out, they were already working on a WS truck (presumably the 5700XE) when WS approached them to get the new 49X in the game. So perhaps they would finally be releasing their older work? On the other hand, Daimler seems to be all about getting the newest and latest pushed into ATS, so I could also see another release partnership with the 57X. Maybe we'll get a summer miracle and we'll get both trucks! (But that is probably wishful thinking).

I must admit, the recent tweets from SCS about making recordings from Volvo, coupled with the heavy insinuation on the livestream that something from Volvo was in the works has me very hopeful about the likelihood of a new VNL coming this year or perhaps early 2023. But hopefully this year.
Herunio

#6330 Post by Herunio » 25 May 2022 23:30

I consider that the entry of the 57X ​​would be somewhat silly because it is like a freightliner cascadia but with the nose of the 49X I honestly prefer that they mention a truck that is totally different from the cascadia because even the cabins of the 49X are extremely similar to those of the cascadia
Jesucristo es el Señor

Return to “General discussion about the game”