What is your favourite city/town from each state?

MrDrCold

Re: What is your favourite city/town from each state?

#41 Post by MrDrCold » 25 May 2021 14:38

California - San Francisco / San Diego
Oregon - Portland / The Dalles
Washington - Seattle / Spokane
Arizona - Flagstaff / Phoenix
New Mexico - Albuquerque (I live here) / Roswell
Colorado - Denver (my hometown) / Grand Jct
Idaho - Boise / CDA
Utah - Salt Lake City / St. George

@Freeze338 SCS failed Albuquerque in the same way where the Sandia Mountains are tiny hills in game while IRL their seen anywhere in city and for miles on both I-25 / I-40
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
FloydianDude

#42 Post by FloydianDude » 25 May 2021 16:07

MrDrCold wrote: 25 May 2021 14:38
@Freeze338 SCS failed Albuquerque in the same way where the Sandia Mountains are tiny hills in game while IRL their seen anywhere in city and for miles on both I-25 / I-40
New Mexico released in 2017 tho. 2 years earlier than Utah. 2 years mean a lot for SCS games. Just drive between Farmington and Raton and then go to Million Dollar Highway. You can't deny the differance. Hell even Oregon looks a bit outdated in some parts.

I'm sure if NM released today those mountains would look much, much better. At least they would be better than SLC mountains.
Last edited by supersobes on 26 May 2021 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed images from quote [Forum rule 2.12]
Freeze338

#43 Post by Freeze338 » 25 May 2021 17:01

@MrDrCold We are not in 2017. Also this is in Utah buddy.
20210522104823_1.jpg
That thing has same height with SLC mountains. But instead on SLC mountains, it looks like a mountain. I'm not certain that you get my point.
MrDrCold

#44 Post by MrDrCold » 25 May 2021 18:12

@Freeze338 well yes SCS has Improved a ton since 2017 but a lot of NM still holds up well in 2021 they did a ton more right than they did wrong with NM. and yes the mountains of SLC could look better.
Colorado is SCS best work so far and Wyoming and Texas should be even better. it seems like mountain near major cities was a issue for SCS as Colorado did better with their mountains
NWbyNW

#45 Post by NWbyNW » 22 Feb 2022 06:44

Good topic. I will have to think this through.

In Washington, there are too many to name... I like Bellingham, Everett, Seattle visually, Tacoma visually, Aberdeen, Port Angeles, Vancouver's bridge and downtown are cool, but not the delivery area, Longview is a bit underwhelming as it is. And all the cities out east, Yakima's downtown is cool, Spokane's skyline is wonky in the game and the buildings need to be resized to be accurate, it's hard to pick.

And I could do this with every state, such as Oregon. Medford and Salem are very similar and forgettable in their setup and Eugene is too spread out as is Portland. Portland's metro in the game instead of being homes and buildings is just trees for some reason, but the downtown looks great when driving around it. But I really enjoy Newport and Coos Bay. The Dalles is pretty neat too. Klamath Falls is a strange one, and the downtown isn't placed right as it is in real life, but getting into the town is nice. Lakeview is nice too.

I can't possibly do this for each state right now, but there are two for now.
hangman005

#46 Post by hangman005 » 22 Feb 2022 07:51

bobgrey1997 wrote: 17 May 2021 04:53 Yeah. You'd be surprised, ecen locals do the same.
I once had a package get lost, and when I eventually called the post office, they read "Conway, AR" and said "looks like your package is on it's way to Conway, Arizona..." to which I responded with "what is a Conway, Arizona?" (there are only two Conways in the country, and neither are Arizona).

Ah, I've found a total of 10 incorporated municipalities in the US named Conway, however none are in Arizona.

Heck I'm in New Zealand and ordered something from Ohio, that somehow eneded up in Maine, which not only is it the wrong direction but is the furtherest state from New Zealand. Then again I'm quite geographically aware, I used to study and draw maps when I was kid... which is probably the thing I like the most about ATS and ETS is exploring the map. :lol:
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
NWbyNW

#47 Post by NWbyNW » 18 May 2022 23:22

Bellingham, Everett, Seattle, Spokane, Kennewick, Yakima Olympia, Coos Bay, Newport, Astoria, Eureka, Sacramento, Redding, Boise, Jackson, Gilette and that's my list of favs.

I like many from other states, but they don't give me the same good vibes these locations do.

Return to “General discussion about the game”