why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

Viper28

Re: why scs software doesn't care about graphics in game?

#342 Post by Viper28 » 19 May 2022 00:45

Shiva wrote: 18 May 2022 21:53
Viper28 wrote: 18 May 2022 19:36

on the workshop? I didn't mention anything about map mods; prefabs, and cargo mods. And was very specific about them.
There are other places than Steam Workshop
I am aware of the many places to download modded content. I'm talking about not just map mods. I mean full on, different prefabs, that look good and are usable, cargo that is unique, not derived from game default. What I mentioned, I don't believe exists, and I think you know it and I know it. So why act like it does?
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Shiva

#343 Post by Shiva » 19 May 2022 01:48

Military cargo does not count? etc?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Optional Features

#344 Post by Optional Features » 19 May 2022 02:47

The problem is cargo is tied to trailers. So you download a trailer mod and get 25 or 30 cargo, but then if you don't like the model, you have to go to another trailer that has different cargo.

And for jazzy's packs, none of those are ownable trailers, so the trailer might be a weird/low quality model, but there's no way to put the load (in game) on a default trailer or better trailer mod.

This is why I want a cargo system like the accessories system. Then I could have one trailer and use cargo from several packs. Or use a default trailer and again have access to unlimited cargo options.
Eugene
Global moderator

#345 Post by Eugene » 19 May 2022 05:45

Have you ever looked at a trailer model in blender or zmodeler?
If we are talking about lowbeds/flatbeds/lowboys, they already made in way you described. Cargo is separate model from trailer.
Howerver you can't just put one model to a bunch of different trailers, because there are small things like straps/chains that would need adjustment for each trailer.
Optional Features

#346 Post by Optional Features » 19 May 2022 08:01

Eugene wrote: 19 May 2022 05:45 Have you ever looked at a trailer model in blender or zmodeler?
If we are talking about lowbeds/flatbeds/lowboys, they already made in way you described. Cargo is separate model from trailer.
Howerver you can't just put one model to a bunch of different trailers, because there are small things like straps/chains that would need adjustment for each trailer.
Cargo is obviously separate, but it's not separable. I cannot haul a backhoe from one mod on another (or a default trailer) without modding the game itself. Cargo are tied to each individual trailer. The Volvo Construction DLC for example is exclusive to SCS trailers until modders started ripping the models out and putting them on custom lowboys.

As for load securement, there are ways around that as well. One way is to implement a system like the air hoses where the connection of two parts created a dynamic object that constantly stretches between points. The other way is to make a number of cargo connection options for a load and allow the player to select them in game.

Or at worst, especially for pallets, the cargo could include the ratchets on the ends of the straps so when the cargo was selected, they were automatically in the right position.

The point is that cargo needs to become a separate entity to trailers in this game. If SCS were to create a number of cargo options tomorrow, that would last players a matter of weeks to work through. If they create a system, using existing functionality within the game, whereby players can select how to haul their own cargo within the confines of nodes, the options for hauling quickly become exponential. 50 pieces lets say of cargo in this pool. Right now, that's 50 loads. With a better system, that's 50 parts that can be combined, adjusted, mixed, and matched an infinite number of ways. Even one load, like a mini excavator, could become multiple different loads based on orientation. One load could be a single machine facing forward, one machine back, two on deck side by side, three in a row, four with two and two, six, etc. SCS and modders will never create that many variations of the same thing. But players can and would depending on the situation, just like irl.

And then, as it should be, cargo becomes a commodity that can be shared amongst trailers, if properly configured. If I have a modded trailer, you have a default trailer, and we are in a convoy, you can haul exactly what I'm hauling and vice versa. We go to the trigger, select where we want stuff positioned, then hit the road.

It also could work for bulk goods and rigid frames. A fuel tanker with four compartments could hold 4 slots of fuel, each deliverable at a separate stop. A grain trailer with two hoppers could hold two slots of material, each picked up at a different farm. The possibilities are endless.
Eugene
Global moderator

#347 Post by Eugene » 19 May 2022 08:25

Cargos are tied by definitions. Quite easy to adapt. No "ripping".
Your suggested "way around" is way too complicated.

| would agree that it would be nice to haul different types of equipment on one flatbed, but there's no point in that until general cargo system is changed (allowing for multidrop, etc.).
SCS is stuck with current system, changing the whole system is not something that can be done as a game update, it's a fundumental change. This is probably why we still don't have rigids with swap bodies.
Optional Features

#348 Post by Optional Features » 19 May 2022 17:43

Eugene wrote: 19 May 2022 08:25 Cargos are tied by definitions. Quite easy to adapt. No "ripping".
Your suggested "way around" is way too complicated.

| would agree that it would be nice to haul different types of equipment on one flatbed, but there's no point in that until general cargo system is changed (allowing for multidrop, etc.).
SCS is stuck with current system, changing the whole system is not something that can be done as a game update, it's a fundumental change. This is probably why we still don't have rigids with swap bodies.
Multidrop is possible with this idea as are rigid frames. Today. All someone would have to do is make a "drop" with a vehicle trigger and convert a few cargos as vehicle accessories. Buy at pickup. Sell at dropoff.
nodin747

#349 Post by nodin747 » 21 May 2022 13:44

BHJ wrote: 21 May 2022 11:26 Half of what I thought was bad distance AA shimmering goes away if I disable Shadows, Please For the love of God I wish that SCS would fix the low Lod distance and Ultra setting low quality flickering shadows. if I drive though a Tunnel at daytime the Lod distance can be seen as a weird Brightness wall in front of me, and I could swear it gets closer to the player by every update of the game.
There is no place for shadow fix its issue that will be untill scs not change render method. Its possible to bake pre shadows in long distances for every hour of day cycle, only then there will be no shadow flickering and shadow stairs. Same for tunnels.
Duke49th

#350 Post by Duke49th » 03 Jun 2022 19:21

jarryed wrote: 23 Apr 2022 18:47 A junk engine which is being updated when needed. Currently being coded for DX12.

Prism3D is purpose built by SCS because all the other engines, as far as we know, can't do what SCS needs them to do.

Another thread full of throwing SCS through the mud. Lovely. I'm by no means a fanboy or anything along those lines. But I understand this is a game. Key word......game. Not everything in this will be true to life.

Just cause you can land a A380 in Flight Simulator doesn't mean you can go out and do the same thing in real life. Same thing holds true for ATS.

People really need to stop comparing these two games. Flight sim mentioned in passing because so many people are comparing the two.
You have to admit that the skybox textures (basically all textures) are totally outdated. And not because it could not be better.

But you have to buy a mod to have it looking good. And not just a few bucks, 30 USD isn't quite cheap for a mod where you have no guarantee that the creator continues to update it for future versions.

You have to buy a mod to have good sounds. You have to buy a mod to have quality truck models.

And so on.

I have absolutely no issues paying for DLC's, in fact I just started again with ATS 2 weeks ago and bought all available DLC's. But in return they could polish it a bit better. Performance is also not good, for what we have ingame. Arma 3 or GTA 5 (most open world sims) runs better with muuuuuch muuuuch better graphics etc.

It's not healthy to be quiet and accept everything. Don't ever forget - it's a business for them. They are not some modders who use their freetime to mod us something for free. It is a business. And as such you have to be critical as a customer if you expect changes. I work in a corporate setup and (constructive) critic is a must to develop and be able to satisfy customers.

That being said, I don't think people should insult scs or be too harsh. I am playing games since 1986 and I can tell you there are sadly so many developer/publisher who do not deliver even 1% of what SCS does (for example look ad Farming Simulator...or what Paradox does with Prison Architect etc. what a joke that is in terms of development and milking customers). Still it needs criticism every now and then.

Just my 2 cents...
Last edited by Duke49th on 03 Jun 2022 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”