Just want to remove "look" attribute from three tires in a mod but not having luck.

ChiliBeef

Just want to remove "look" attribute from three tires in a mod but not having luck.

#1 Post by ChiliBeef » 18 May 2022 21:42

There are three tires in a custom wheel mod pack I'm running with a "look" attribute. While I can import any of them (after converting) into Blender and remove it, I cannot export them without errors. That, and maybe I honestly don't know what I'm doing with Blender (since a lot of "tutorials" are not that well thought out and put together) despite spending 8 hours trying to sort this one simple thing out.

Upon importing, Blender throws up the error about a texture or TOBJ file not found (called black_004). In the textures folder of the mod for the tires is a black.dds and a black_004.tobj file. I do not understand WHY Blender is saying it cannot find it. Even renaming the .dds file and also creating a new .TOBJ file after that does nothing. I've searched the vanilla game's files, as well, for a black_004 file and got nothing.

All I want to do is remove the stupid attributes from the three tires so that the warnings stop flooding my game.log. I thought I would be able to import them, just remove the attribute, and then save or export or convert or knit them a sweater and be done with it. But, over the past few days I have found that working with Blender and mods is about as much fun as taking a blowtorch to the face.

Would someone more knowledgeable chime in to help me figure this out?
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Just want to remove "look" attribute from three tires in a mod but not having luck.

#2 Post by Madkine » 19 May 2022 02:53

Have you checked the content of the tobj file to see if it has the correct location for the dds file in it?
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Etrusan

Re: Just want to remove "look" attribute from three tires in a mod but not having luck.

#3 Post by Etrusan » 19 May 2022 05:48

You cannot remove "look" attribute. It's a mandatory part of a model setup. If there are errors with looks then either the model doesn't have them, or the def is wrong. Also, without providing log, there's not much anyone can do. And sometimes, if you're not importing base.scs but something else, you need to have the base as an addtional archive to import, to provent missing textures.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
ChiliBeef

#4 Post by ChiliBeef » 19 May 2022 16:22

@Madkine Yes, I did. Its contents pointed to the black.dds file that was with it in the same folder.

/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/textures/black_004.dds

@Etrusan I didn't include the log because I felt what it had and what I put in my post were about the same. However, here you go, but I must warn you that it's pretty lackluster.

Code: Select all

01:19:47.420 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/.tobj' in the read_only mode.
01:19:47.420 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/.tobj'
01:20:24.010 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/front_tire_asphalt_alt.pmd'
01:20:24.010 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/front_tire_asphalt_alt.pmd'
01:20:24.010 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/rear_tire_asphalt.pmd'
01:20:24.010 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/rear_tire_asphalt.pmd'
01:20:24.084 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/rear_tire_asphalt.pmd'
01:20:24.084 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/rear_tire_asphalt.pmd'
01:20:24.084 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/front_tire_asphalt_alt.pmd'
01:20:24.084 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/front_tire_asphalt_alt.pmd'
01:20:24.120 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/rear_tire_asphalt.pmd'
01:20:24.120 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/rear_tire_asphalt.pmd'
01:20:24.120 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/front_tire_asphalt_alt.pmd'
01:20:24.120 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/wheel/tire/front_tire_asphalt_alt.pmd'
And, that spans on and on and on and... you get the idea. It goes on for eternity.

And, I did not realize you could delete a "look". I swear I read on another thread that you can, and how "looks" are only for more important objects like in the cab with camera view and whatnot. Okay, then I would have to edit the attribute to "default", I guess? But, I don't think I'd be able to do that, anyway, without getting the object to recognize a texture. And, I did use the base and def files from the game, as well, but no luck.
You can write almost any way you want, and you might make yourself understood.
But, if you don't use standard English properly, you would also help people understand that you aren't well educated.

Return to “Help center - player to player”