The problem with textures in new models

Adyusha

The problem with textures in new models

#1 Post by Adyusha » 12 May 2022 19:10

When editing a model in ZModeler 3, if you move part of the mesh and save, rewrite the paths to the material and texture, then everything is displayed correctly. If you create a new plane, then the texture is the following. Maybe someone knows what the reason is?
[ external image ]

The code of the .mat file:

Code: Select all

material : "hu.dif" {
	texture[0] : "/models/objects/target/target.tobj"
	ambient : { 1 , 1 , 1 }
	diffuse : { 1 , 1 , 1 }
	specular : { 0 , 0 , 0 }
	shininess : 16
}
The file code .tobj:

Code: Select all

±p                             [: !       /models/objects/target/target.dds
NmanMETA

Re: The problem with textures in new models

#2 Post by NmanMETA » 15 May 2022 06:59

This is intriguing, I'm gonna give this a try.

Don't quote me, I haven't been around this game too much the last few weeks so my memory may be foggy, but I am like 70% certain that this is part of the water textures, I'll elaborate a little bit tomorrow when I have a minute to look and give you a better description.
WE'RE *THIS* CLOSE!
NmanMETA

Re: The problem with textures in new models

#3 Post by NmanMETA » 19 May 2022 08:16

Okay, so this texture is a shader that, at least from what I can gather, layers on top of the normal ground texture, so the ground will appear darker or lighter based on the time and weather. It's a simple-but-effective alternative to a texture shader, way more economical in terms of size than just having different textures assigned to different times of day. Once again, I *think* that's how it works, I'm only so sure.

The reason the actual ground texture doesn't appear, at least my guess is, it needs to be mapped which is something that... isn't currently well documented unfortunately. I thought the .lnd files might have had this information but another user kindly broke the file format down and determined no such information was there- it's somewhere else and I don't know for sure where. It *may* have something to do with the automat folder but I've been told numerous times that the automat stuff is from when the games were still being tested. I.E., that folder might not even be of any use. I'll test that too, actually.
WE'RE *THIS* CLOSE!

Return to “Hunting Unlimited Series”