Texas Discussion Thread

Optional Features

Re: Texas Discussion Thread

#3231 Post by Optional Features » 19 May 2022 04:26

I agree: the companies need improvement.

We also need companies right off the freeway instead of in town.
angrybirdseller

#3232 Post by angrybirdseller » 19 May 2022 04:44

Here a list of supermarkets chains in the USA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... chains--In state chains-HEB is mainly in Texas for Grocer than CUB Foods only in Minnesota , but get Hi-Vee covers couple midwest states, and Safeway and Albertsons all over the West. I would say smaller cities would be better for the smaller grocery chains.
danbywinby

#3233 Post by danbywinby » 19 May 2022 05:48

1000% agreed that ATS needs more company diversity.

I do not want to be delivering to the exact same company five or six times in a row in five or six different states this is not how it would be in real life.

I understand that in real life in a city you may have five or six of the same supermarket e.g. Wallbert but as has been pointed out in this game it just does not work having the same company in one city multiple times it doesn't look right it decreases variety and it just makes the game boring seeing the same company again and again and most of the time it's the exact same prefab as well.

Again this is something that is less of a problem with ETS2. ETS2 has tons of different companies each with their own prefab or in some cases several prefabs. I don't understand why ATS has so few different prefabs. This does seem to be improving but very slowly.

I should not be able to go do a delivery in Washington to an Eddy's with a prefab and then drive through several states and cities with the exact same prefab but branded as Wallbert or Charged or whatever other company and then finish the delivery in New Mexico at the exact same prefab. (This is probably a bit of an extreme example but I hope it gets the point across).
Vinnie Terranova

#3234 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 May 2022 06:38

Not only companies need diversity; what about garages? They all look the same... Also in ETS2 they all look the same. Luckily there are al kinds of rest areas, gas stations and repair shops. But to have the same garage buildings all over the place in the whole of the US...?
And I like to have way more visible cargo for lowbeds, flatbeds, lowboys, etc. And I like to have multi-drop jobs.
Optional Features

#3235 Post by Optional Features » 19 May 2022 07:47

The garages should be tossed in the trash: only the starting garage has a salvageable model, and it is still not very good.

The other two are terrible and honestly unnecessary. Five bays doesn't mean five trucks. If every truck needed a bay irl, something would really be wrong with the trucks.

These pics are by a friend of mine (Anderson) of a yard he whipped up. This is what many a truck yard in America looks like. No shop at all, trailers parked around, some old stuff in the corner. It feels and looks real and alive, two things scs really struggles with.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

As for cargo, I will continue to call for a node-based cargo system. That would automatically increase the number of loads in game (as all scs physical cargo could work on any open deck trailer), and would open the opportunity for SCS to start making cargo dlcs that are compatible with all trailers in the game that support this system. A construction cargo dlc with 15 objects would allow players far more than 15 loads, depending on size. Same is true for farming and other industries.

The system is actually possible now (using vehicle shops as delivery points and setting up cargo as vehicle accessories). But time will tell if SCS even sees these comments and figures out a way to make them work in game.
Last edited by Optional Features on 19 May 2022 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
clifflandmark

#3236 Post by clifflandmark » 19 May 2022 09:15

I don't know what regional company belons to which state but regionals are needed as nationals. They should be together in cities.Also, We need more prefabs.Real company mods could only be useful if variety of companies and quantity of prefabs got increased.A real company mod is my ATS dream.It changes ambient effectively.
CodArk2

#3237 Post by CodArk2 » 19 May 2022 11:39

hangman005

#3238 Post by hangman005 » 19 May 2022 12:26

Also looks like a Lode King Trailer in the background.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
Trucker Nik

#3239 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 May 2022 12:34

Texas Road Network 🧐🤔
JohnMc19

#3240 Post by JohnMc19 » 19 May 2022 12:37

Now we got two microsites, extras like with those gas stations concepts. I'm hoping we'll get that for companies showing concept art. We need diversity with these companies I don't mind having wallbert in every state but at least give it a rival store like target. I like the cargo ideas from seriousmods, also garages I would like them to give us tools to customise them. Going back to companies I'm really hoping Deepgrove was a placeholder I'm not a fan of placeholders if SCS wants to bring more people to ATS they need to show off Texas to its fullest. Don't need them cutting corners we know the map will be of a very high level but other parts of the game need to come up to that standard.

Return to “General discussion about the game”