SCS General Discussion Thread

Sora

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#16311 Post by Sora » 20 May 2022 05:32

Bedavd wrote: 19 May 2022 23:40 But that’s pretty true for every state.
I don't remember specifics, but I remember a discussion around the Utah era discussing how uncommon these signs were in ATS, where we eventually reached the consensus that these signs are way more common in Texas for... some reason. I think it was an unusually high upper boundary on when they're necessary.
Midiangel

#16312 Post by Midiangel » 20 May 2022 06:40

I'm wondering what Frisco and LA will look like after the rework.
Will the road along Santa Monica Beach be preserved?

#16313 Post by pigbrother » 20 May 2022 07:10

San Francisco is not that big, but the Bay Area as a whole is. LA metropolitan area, on the other hand… Istanbul is a huge city and its rendition in ETS2 is very nice, I expect nothing less than that. I want to get bored just driving to exit the city, as a friend of mine who lived there once told me.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
harishw8r

#16314 Post by harishw8r » 20 May 2022 07:19

That last line … Feels like El Paso captures that perfectly. We don’t know how much of that area is driveable but it just feels like that.

I feel the same about Cheyenne. I have this strange practice of entering the truckstops and repair stations at each city enroute. Cheyenne is beautifully made, but I’m always bored to navigate through the city.
Midiangel

#16315 Post by Midiangel » 20 May 2022 07:31

harishw8r wrote: 20 May 2022 07:19 That last line … Feels like El Paso captures that perfectly. We don’t know how much of that area is driveable but it just feels like that.

I feel the same about Cheyenne. I have this strange practice of entering the truckstops and repair stations at each city enroute. Cheyenne is beautifully made, but I’m always bored to navigate through the city.
Cheyenne is not New York, so it's probably really boring there.

#16316 Post by JackBurton » 20 May 2022 11:38

LA is one of my favorite American cities in real life, so I am also thrilled at the prospect of an LA rebuild. On the other hand, the current version of Santa Monica is actually really good! It might be the most authentically mapped location to have come with the original release of ATS. I hope it is preserved once the rest of the city is redone.
oldmanclippy

#16317 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 May 2022 12:40

If they really want to market the first Atlantic state (probably Florida) as marking Coast to Coast for ATS, it would be nice to have I-10 go all the way to CA-1 so we can get to the beach in Santa Monica still. And then get us to FL-A1A east of Jacksonville.

And since it would be also nice to get all of CA-1 anyways, it just might be worth it. Fortunately downtown LA is about 10 miles inland so there might be room to pull it off I think.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Some newbie driver

#16318 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 May 2022 13:46

Sora wrote: 20 May 2022 05:32these signs are way more common in Texas for... some reason. I think it was an unusually high upper boundary on when they're necessary.
It could be a question of excessive zeal on making laws. But it also could be a question of what's expected to be hauled on those roads. Texas has a a lot of economic activity on the kind of industries that require massive special transports to be done (oil industry, chemical, ship building, aerospace...). It's not that those kind of transports are an everyday; but maybe they rather to let everything well marked to avoid problems (and mistakes) if checks would had to be done every time. Just guessing one possibility.

Regards
plykkegaard

#16319 Post by plykkegaard » 20 May 2022 14:03

Preplanning with GPS and pilots / police to lead the way

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
gaillard

#16320 Post by gaillard » 20 May 2022 15:26

8-) Evidently.
Does not prevent regulations and bureaucracy. You know, better safe than sorry, it's the state's money anyway. :roll:

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”