FFB has deadzone in the center [NOT A BUG]

LordKnobi

FFB has deadzone in the center [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by LordKnobi » 20 May 2022 14:48

Hello there

I have a big problem since the last big update, my steering wheel "jumps" over the center when I steer from left to right or from right to left. You can also call it a deadzone, so there is no Force Feedback when the wheel is in the middle.

It might be the same problem like in this post, but unfortunalty it was not solved: viewtopic.php?t=310249

I tried disabling all mods and created a new profile. I could track it down to the settings that center the steering wheel at high velocities and the setting that centers the wheel at low velocities (Sorry, I only know the german names of the settings, so I described them). I can set these to zero but then the wheel only reacts when I crash etc. - unfortunately its not a real driving feeling

It seems to be related to the "hardness" of these settings, when I set everything to default the FFB is quite well. But with default settings everything is too hard, it's like steering a car without power steering while the car stands still. Again, this unfortunately is not a realistic feeling

Are there more people experiencing this? Do you all play this game with a real hard wheel, with great feedback forces? If someone from SCS reads this, is it possible to add a button to the game to activate the "old" FFB?

Regards,
LordKnobi
molleh

Re: FFB has deadzone in the center

#2 Post by molleh » 23 Aug 2022 19:48

Bump... this issue is really irritating w/ my Fanatec wheel. It's like the opposite of a normal deadzone, where there's a small "bump" of increased force right at the center. This results in the wheel *always* wanting to steer slightly left or right going down the road as wheel won't sit "on top" of the "bump" in the center.

Return to “Bugs 1.44”