FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Laqueesha

Re: FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

#631 Post by Laqueesha » 09 May 2022 18:44

cip wrote: 20 Sep 2020 21:13 sure @xXCARL1992Xx here it is my FMOD project I only removed the music because all songs in .wav are more than 1Gb. you can load this project in FMOD and add your music. the key is in mixer routing and you have it. to change the name of the bank I recommend to make a new bank and move into it all events. then you add the events into the new bank and make sure you do the same routing. good luck!
Do you still have the FMOD project? The link is dead. :cry:
Madkine
Global moderator

#632 Post by Madkine » 09 May 2022 22:41

@Laqueesha Cip hasn't been on these forums in a long time.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
JETLogistics

#633 Post by JETLogistics » 20 May 2022 22:22

Any wizards out there able to advise on keys_start(2), keys_stop and int_warn ?

These are interior events that work, and those are the event names used in mods that I have examined, however I cannot figure out how to add these to my own mods.
If I create these events and add the sui entries where they should be, the entire sound mod breaks and I get no sounds at all.

Could anybody explain how to add these events in to a custom sound mod (one which does not have these events as standard) please ?

(Sorry if this has already been asked, I did search for these strings both here and in the ATS thread and had no results, so I assumed that this hasn't already been answered.)
I may not be very active as I am a truck driver in real life, so I'm away many weeks at a time !
My World of Trucks profile
SlavJerry

#634 Post by SlavJerry » 21 May 2022 00:43

@JETLogistics fortunately I just made tutorial video yesterday
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
JETLogistics

#635 Post by JETLogistics » 21 May 2022 01:28

I am extremely fortunate ! Thank you very much @SlavJerry , I will watch this now and learn how to overcome the challenge that has completely defeated me thus far !
I may not be very active as I am a truck driver in real life, so I'm away many weeks at a time !
Hochul0528

#636 Post by Hochul0528 » 22 May 2022 02:34

I want to add a parking brake warning sound.
I can't find out how to do it, so can you tell me?
JETLogistics

#637 Post by JETLogistics » 16 Jun 2022 16:43

Okay, yet another question 😂

I've tried adding a custom air_gear sound, making a 3D timeline named air_gear, added it in to the effects bank and using the routing I've assigned it to exterior/truck_effects, and tried both with and without a command instrument.

When I'm in the game I get an error saying the bus, event or cva (?) cannot be found?

Anyone able to give a guide on how to do this as the SCS documentation hasn't helped much at all.

Thanks !

EDIT - I'm a complete idiot !
After scratching my head for too long over this, I came away for a while and had a coffee (as well as post this question) before the lightbulb moment happened ! :idea:

I had assigned it to the wrong bank all along, that's why the game couldn't find the event ! :oops:

However, new question - On the SCS Wiki it says that multiple sounds can be used for the one event and they are selected randomly. How would I set up multiple sounds for the air_gear effect ? Would it be duplicates of the effect with different assets used on each or set each as a different track ? It isn't in any way urgent or necessary for me to use these, I'm just curious. Thanks again !
SlavJerry

#638 Post by SlavJerry » 16 Jun 2022 23:01

JETLogistics wrote: 16 Jun 2022 16:43 On the SCS Wiki it says that multiple sounds can be used for the one event and they are selected randomly. How would I set up multiple sounds for the air_gear effect ? Would it be duplicates of the effect with different assets used on each or set each as a different track ? It isn't in any way urgent or necessary for me to use these, I'm just curious. Thanks again !
select multiple sounds in audio bin and drop it into air_gear
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
1t5_Luc1f3r

#639 Post by 1t5_Luc1f3r » 18 Jun 2022 15:54

Hi to all,

I am wondering if anyone could help me?

I am using the ts-fmod-plugin for both ATS and ETS 2 and love the plugin to bits, I read on the developers website https://github.com/dariowouters/ts-fmod-plugin that you can add additional sound files to it, I have tried several times now to add an additional sound file for brake sounds but with no joy, I have them working as a MOD with no problems, but would much rather have them as a plugin. :D
I have copied the relevant .bank and .guids files from the MOD

Code: Select all

sound\truck
to the folder within the Plugins directory

Code: Select all

bin\win_x64\Plugins\ts-fmod-plugin
where the engine sound files are located and have added the brake sound file name to the selected.bank.txt file and have added a line to sound_levels.txt called effects and turned down the relevant level in the game but have had no joy, if anyone could assist me I would be very grateful :)

Regards

Simon
When you're down and feeling blue, just remember Eurotruck Simulator 2 or ATS where you can crash into a vehicle or 2!!!

My WOT Profile
Loliboly

#640 Post by Loliboly » 07 Jul 2022 13:10

Hi
I need help
i want to make my own soundtrack for ets 2 but i can't do it because of fmod

do you know a link to a fproj file i can use?

Return to “Modding Guides”