Eyetracker [NOT A BUG]

Thomas

Eyetracker [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by Thomas » 21 Apr 2022 13:40

After updating to 1.44 eyetracker program ignores settings in the ETS2 program. When you lean forward, nothing happens. When setting how fast the eyetrackier responds to the eyes or head the eyetracker ignores setups once in a while. Eyetracker does not run smoothly.
morrelo
SCS Software

Re: Eyetracker

#2 Post by morrelo » 21 Apr 2022 14:36

Thanks for your report, but we need more information. Please follow the Bug Reporting Process.
T&T, STDS, ETS2 and ATS senior tester/translator.
[ external image ]
Underscore_101_

#3 Post by Underscore_101_ » 21 Apr 2022 15:01

Mine ran smoothly (Tobii 4c), but I transferred my control files from another profile.
With the only exception that "Head Tracking Jaw Sensitivity" was different (shorter/narrower) and for my preferred setting I needed to push it quite a bit up.

I've heard one other person on Steam that seems to have (had) a similar problem like the OP.

idk what other new functions we received that change the control file besides the suspension changes, so maybe just copying a working control from
another 1.43 profile is a very good idea, but it worked for me, including adding new key binds in 1.44.

I know this isn't a solution, but it may help.
Thomas

#4 Post by Thomas » 21 Apr 2022 17:21

Thanks for your reply have tried different options. Some are better than others. But much better work needs to be done in this area regarding eyetracker. Some options sail like water others are a little better. Regarding when moving forward no longer works in ets2. So yes I think it's time for ets2 to work hard in this area if you ask me.
Komat
SCS Software

#5 Post by Komat » 21 Apr 2022 17:28

The primary change in Tobii support for 1.44 was update to never version of Tobii API which, if I understand it correctly, supports Tobii Horizon. The API changes removed some settings and added other which led to following changes in the game:
  • The "Yaw/Pitch multipler (in cabin/walk mode)" sliders were moved from the "Head Tracking Settings" section to the "Extended View" section which is more correct for them. They always applied to the combined output of Head+Gaze. This is just a layout change.
  • The "Head tracking ratio" was changed into four separate "Head tracking yaw/pitch sensitivity (in cabin/walk mode)" settings.
  • The "Gaze tracking speed" setting was removed as it is not supported by the API. A similar effect should be achievable through the "Gaze view responsiveness".
  • The roll angle is taken from processed output of the API and not raw data as before. The previous behavior can be enabled using "-tobii_raw_roll" launch option.
  • The position is taken from processed output of the API and not raw data as before. The previous behavior can be enabled using "-tobii_raw_position" launch option.
Underscore_101_ wrote: 21 Apr 2022 15:01 With the only exception that "Head Tracking Jaw Sensitivity" was different (shorter/narrower) and for my preferred setting I needed to push it quite a bit up.
This is a new setting which applies just to the head tracking component. The previous version had in this section the Yaw multiplier setting which scales combined head+gaze output and was moved to the topmost section so maybe this is the option you are looking for?
Thomas wrote: 21 Apr 2022 13:40 When you lean forward, nothing happens.
Do other directions work? Did you try re-center the position using F12? The game has fairly small area where you can move so maybe you are hitting the front limit. The 1.44 version is using processed position information from the API, you could try to switch to the unprocessed position used by older versions by setting -tobii_raw_position as launch option in Steam client.
When setting how fast the eyetrackier responds to the eyes or head the eyetracker ignores setups once in a while.
Any specific situation?
Thomas

#6 Post by Thomas » 22 Apr 2022 00:36

Hi SCS Thank you for your advice on resetting the center on F12. Made it work again when I lean forward. Thanks again and thanks for the advice. :)
Underscore_101_

Re: Eyetracker [NOT A BUG]

#7 Post by Underscore_101_ » 22 Apr 2022 09:04

Thanks for explaining Komat :-)

With hindsight leaning forwards or backwards was indeed also changed, hadn't noticed it when playing, must have sat really still that time.

Should also have mentioned that I use head tracking only, idk, but maybe that's why it looked as smooth as usual.
atcade

#8 Post by atcade » 21 May 2022 05:32

Hi,

am glad that I found this thread, because I was really angry and sad that position didn´t work again after I had problems with the Tobii drivers in November last year. Back then the latest drivers for my Acer Predator with integrated Tobii Eyetracker - which aren´t supported any longer - didn´t work with headtracking by accident because of an incompatability with an windows system update.
Gladly it helped to go back to an older driver version. So at first I thought "oh no" not again..

So thank for "F12" :-) Although it´s still a lot of work to find settings for eye- and headtracking half way comparable to my ones before in 1.43. A lot of work and time I´m not yet finished with. :-/

Only two questions I have:

1. Why I do have to press F12 each time I restart the game? Isn´t there a way to keep position enabled as it was all the years before?

2. When I press F12 I also get a screenshot each time? Why? I thought screenshots are made with F10?!

Regards
Markus
Madkine
Global moderator

#9 Post by Madkine » 21 May 2022 06:45

I believe steam may have screenshots set to F12.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
mel85
Beta tester

#10 Post by mel85 » 21 May 2022 06:49

Hi,
atcade wrote: 21 May 2022 05:32 2. When I press F12 I also get a screenshot each time? Why? I thought screenshots are made with F10?!
As Madkine said, F12 is the default key for screenshots on Steam. You can change it in Steam / Settings / In-Game. You have to change the Screenshot shortcut keys.

Return to “Bugs 1.44”