What is the latest news on WoT?

Topher1129

What is the latest news on WoT?

#1 Post by Topher1129 » 21 May 2022 07:38

More specific is VTC's built into the game yet?

I haven't played in awhile and I hope there would be something new that would get me back into playing. Surely there something new to WoT as its been years since it came to the game.
plykkegaard

Re: What is the latest news on WoT?

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 21 May 2022 08:34

Nothing new for WoTr
Last edited by plykkegaard on 21 May 2022 09:03, edited 1 time in total.

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
zippe

#3 Post by zippe » 21 May 2022 08:50

"I haven't played in awhile..........."
That doesn't tell us anything about how long you haven't played(1 year,5years??),so it's hard to tell you what's new since then, you can read about all game updates on WOT, nothing has changed about the WOT orders themselves,also still no VTC option :)
m1keY

#4 Post by m1keY » 23 May 2022 18:45

latest news is that there isn't any news ....
unless you missed the old news which then would be the new news for you,
but old news for those who have read all of the news
what sort of news do you want to here ?
Prince

#5 Post by Prince » 06 Jun 2022 16:31

I wish they could share some updates about the roadmap for WOT and the progress (if any). To me it seems WOT is dead to SCS.

Since launch it has been quite the useless service, and mostly used for the Christmas events and similar.

Hard to believe that and sharing screenshots was the end goal of that service.
rookie31st

#6 Post by rookie31st » 12 Jun 2022 17:01

Prince wrote: 06 Jun 2022 16:31Since launch it has been quite the useless service, and mostly used for the Christmas events and similar.
Yes, WoTr is pretty much a disappointment. It's just an online version of the Freight Market with additional multiplayer capabilities (centralized tracking of completed deliveries)
And while it was praised as the next step in the development, utilizing WoTr actually prevents players from experiencing random events and special transport, the only gameplay enhancements since the game's launch

I wished it was developed further into something FSEconomy-like, where we could browse the website for contracts, accept contracts online, queue multiple contracts, etc.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Prince

#7 Post by Prince » 15 Jun 2022 07:54

Agree. When World of Trucks was released, I kind of hoped for a multiplayer hub like that. And then multiplayer was launched with as basic as possible usage.

My wish and dream, is that SCS implements a licensing system similar to the racing simulators out there. Described on a high level:

* Every player use the WoTr ID they have today
* You start as a rookie with other rookies. The more you drive clean (without a collision), the more experience points you earn.
* The ladder goes down one step from rookie, for the ones who think crashing is the most exiting thing (a high number of collisions per 10 000 km driven)
* The ladder goes up 4-5 steps according to how low number of collisions per 100 km you have. The top tier are those who are the safest drivers. The exact number of collisions per 100 km in each step needs to be analysed, but for the sake of discussion, lets say that you have have fewer than 5 collisions per 10 000 km driven to be able to reach the top tier.
* The server you are connected to only has drivers with the same license as you have.
* All the lorries you see in-game are online users, while cars are AI.
* Liveries are uploaded to the SCS server and downloaded to each client whenever they are closing in on each other (so that the livery will be visible when they see each other in game). This also has a report functionality, for disrespectful, racist or in other ways harmful liveries, which could result in a ban from uploading more liveries.
* The job section is server side and monitored automatically, to make sure the game doesn't send too many lorries to the same cities.
* All game rules are set on the server side, so you won't have people driving 300 km/h with their lorries, with damage off and stuff like that.
Madkine
Global moderator

#8 Post by Madkine » 15 Jun 2022 08:13

WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Prince

#9 Post by Prince » 15 Jun 2022 10:06

Forcing WOT users to play online was never mentioned. But still, that's a pretty bold statement.

80% of ETS2 and ATS users registered in WOT would stop using WOT if multiplayer was added as an option for WOT users? And how are those 80% able to use WOT as VTC when that option requires multiplayer or at least AI implemented in WOT (which it's not)?

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”