ATS causing total system crash when Alt+Tabbed to desktop

KingNothing

ATS causing total system crash when Alt+Tabbed to desktop

#1 Post by KingNothing » 23 May 2022 21:31

Morning all, Ive been playing 1.43 up until a few days ago, at which point I decided to update to 1.44 and just deal with only having the mods that are compatible. Everything seems to run fine, until last night when I was alt+tab'd to desktop and browsing these forums looking for any mods that were updated that I needed to manually install, when without warning, my entire computer shut down. No restart, just stayed off. It did this to me about 3 times last night, and again right now when I narrowed it down to the game crashing while I was alt+tab'd.

Im running an i5-12400, 32GB RAM, and a 6800 GPU.

game.log here
https://pastebin.com/mAHx6XjT

the game doesnt create a crash log when it does this so I wont bother pasting it unless you think it would help.

Unmodded profile seems to be stable. Not sure what the hell a mod could do to cause a computer to just turn off.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: ATS causing total system crash when Alt+Tabbed to desktop

#2 Post by Madkine » 24 May 2022 07:52

1. A system restart/shutdown indicates an issue with your system, not the game. A game crashing should not be able to cause your system to restart.
2. Do you have the right version of 'Daniels ATS Random Events Mod - V1.3.1.scs' there's lot of error's relating to this mod.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Technical Problems”