How to add an extra mirror in car mod.

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
a904f03

How to add an extra mirror in car mod.

#1 Post by a904f03 » 24 May 2022 10:20

Hi:

I am currently working on driving behavior research. Thus, I have to make sure the car's settings are as realistic as possible. The biggest challenge now is the front mirror. For most the car mod, almost half the view of the front mirror is blocked by the interior, making it barely functional. Therefore, I am trying to make a custom mod for a front mirror with a clear view. I have managed to make some mods in the form of accessories by just importing the mirror from other trucks. However, the mirror in the game cannot show the environment properly, while it shows another dark environment that is displayed in Blender (See the picture below).
[ external image ]

I have attempted two ways:
1. import the front mirror of the car mod directly and keep the same material. Then, move the location of the cam locator to capture the rear vision.
2. Directly import the exterior mirror from any truck and adjust the cam locator. Then export the results as an accessory of the car mod.

Both of which obtain the same results. The mirror imported can reflect something (it can reflect the scene in the garage!), while it cannot capture the dynamic environment while driving (Only the dark environment in Blender).
Can anyone help me with this case? Do I have to adjust def file? Or cam locators should be adjusted in another way?

Any feedback is appreciated!!

Return to “Help requests”