Is there any Info on what I need for a whole Truck ?

matterym

Is there any Info on what I need for a whole Truck ?

#1 Post by matterym » 24 May 2022 13:36

Hello,

I searched a lot for this now and decided to post this so maybe I'll find someone who can help me.
I wanted to make a whole new truck for ETS2 in Blender. It's not quite finished yet but I'm working on it from time to time.

My Problem is that i do not really know what I need to make a working Truck.
From Folders (but i can copy a game folder structure and place my Models etc in there) to Locators to Textures to Shadow and Collisions To Sii's.
How should the Workflow be. Do I create a whole Truck or only Parts and put them together later...

I haven't found any Post or Video about that. Only about Accesories or Templates etc. Maybe I have searched for the wrong things or there isn't something like that out there.

So if someone can help me by pointing put some Videos or Posts i would appreciate that a lot.

I hope my Problem is clear

Have a nice day and Thank you
Dotec

Re: Is there any Info on what I need for a whole Truck ?

#2 Post by Dotec » 25 May 2022 07:19

I guess there are not many people who made entirely independent trucks from scratch.

I assume you know how blender works and have blender tools, converterpixwrapper and conversion tools installed.

First finish your truck, then create a baked ambient occlusion texture. You need 2 main files: cabin and chassis.
In this 2 files there are all locator points placed. For example in chassis the sideskirt and rear fender
In cabin mirrors and roof spoiler.

I would suggest to download a truck mod which is fully standalone and see how everything is made.
You can download my truck mods. They are unlocked and you can see how I did it.

They aren't good tutorials out there, so I just learnt the things by myself and try everything out.
Etrusan

#3 Post by Etrusan » 25 May 2022 07:41

Instead of downloading a truck, I'd suggest using either ATS standalone DLC trucks or ETS2's DAF 2021 standalone as a source.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
matterym

#4 Post by matterym » 25 May 2022 09:10

Thank you for the fast Answers.

Yeah I was importing the Gamefiles for Chassis Cabin etc for the Locators and Collisionboxes (names and places). The Materials don't work while importing. I have to find my fault there as well.

Danke für das Angebot. Werde ich mir mal angucken.

So I have to work it out and try for myself :D I hoped it would get a bit easier. But thank you guys very much.

Have a nice day and keep it up

Return to “Blender Tools”