Which area in ETS2 should be reworked next ?

Which are should be reworked next ??

United Kingdom
20%
BeNeLux
58%
Poland
11%
Hungary
6%
Slovakia
1%
Czech Republic
5%

Total votes: 278

oldmanclippy

Re: Which area should be reworked ?

#411 Post by oldmanclippy » 25 May 2022 13:39

@Midiangel Ireland I think should come with Northern Ireland, western Wales and northern Scotland as an ATS-priced DLC after the UK rework is complete. Iceland I think would fit the best with a Northern Scandinavia DLC.

I suppose though it would probably make more sense to have all British cities and roads to be a part of the base map, *except* the ports with ferries to the island of Ireland and the roads to them.

So Holyhead, Fishguard, and Cairnryan can all be part of the DLC, plus A55 between Holyhead and Bangor, A487 between Fishguard and Aberystwyth, A40 between Fishguard and the M4, M77/A77 from Glasgow to Cairnryan, and A75 from Cairnryan to the M6. Then let the rest of the new cities and roads be a part of the base map rework, because the base map UK probably should have had Aberystwyth (@tomprice98 has a better idea I'm certain as to which Welsh city to add, but I do think there should be another one added besides just the ports of Holyhead and Fishguard), Norwich, Inverness, etc. Same deal with Bayonne and Lacq in Vive la France <- Iberia, and likely Trieste with Italia <- Western Balkans.

Something like this (with more filled in in Northern Scotland and obviously a lot of shifting around cities and roads within the light gray exisitng areas, but you get the overall idea, green for base map, orange for Island of Ireland DLC):

[ external image ]

I don't think that Ireland and Iceland make sense to come in the same "Northern Islands" DLC. Ireland will have a lot more in common asset-wise and culture-wise with the UK, and Iceland will have a lot more in common asset-wise and culture-wise with Scandinavia. It doesn't make much logistical or thematic sense to me to bring them together.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
tomprice98

#412 Post by tomprice98 » 25 May 2022 16:28

@oldmanclippy Your map makes sense to me. Holyhead and Fishguard are musts as they are the main ferry routes to Ireland, so they will 100% be included as part of any Ireland DLC.

Aberystwyth also makes perfect sense to connect the two ports on the Welsh side, and that route would allow for some scenery in Snowdonia to be added to the map.

Some other possible options:

Merthyr Tydfil/ Ebbw Vale would be nice to include some of the South Wales Valleys, and allow for the A465 "Heads of the Valleys" road to be added, as that is a major link between Swansea and the English midlands.

Milford Haven and Carmarthen/ Llanelli would add some extra West Wales representation and Milford Haven is one of the UK's most important cargo ports.

Wrexham and Bangor/ Conwy/ Caernarfon would allow for some much needed North Wales representation and would allow for the A55 to be properly represented.

Newport, Pontypridd/ Caerphilly, Pontypool/ Cwmbran and Bridgend/ Port Talbot/ Neath would be nice too, but I don't think there's enough room for them as they are too close to Cardiff and Swansea.
oldmanclippy

#413 Post by oldmanclippy » 25 May 2022 16:56

I definitely think a lot of those towns should be scenic at least. Especially the ones in the south, need to represent all the industry there. Llanelli and Port Talbot could get remote depots from Swansea, and Newport from Cardiff. That corridor is really dense with industry IRL so I hope they represent that adequately in-game. It would also be great to get some South Wales Valleys depots like you suggest as well. So many opportunities for depots there. I don't know how much mining still goes on there, but I imagine there's plenty of industry sites perfect for ETS2.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
tomprice98

#414 Post by tomprice98 » 25 May 2022 20:52

No mining in the valleys anymore, but plenty of industries. Port Talbot still has a large steelworks and a new train factory has recently opened in Newport. The Valleys themselves are full of large industrial parks. In terms of North Wales there is a large airbus factory near Wrexham, which would be good to see reflected in game. There is also some slate mining still going on in the North, so that would be something unique that SCS could bring into the game. Rest of Wales is largely rural and agricultural, so expect lots of farming goods sites.
Shiva

#415 Post by Shiva » 25 May 2022 22:33

VirtualTruckTravels wrote: 25 May 2022 05:22 IMO promods is not the golden standard, i think their map is to crammed in too many places, reality of map is great, but i prefer scs way of map layout, keeping it real without compromising the feeling of distance.
Too crammed sometimes?
Yes, I do agree.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
RBos1975

#416 Post by RBos1975 » 26 May 2022 19:26

Like I wrote earlier: The BeNeLux. Because I live there.

But it's really fair to state that England (or GB) is in real need of improvement..!
Addiction King
Aves

#417 Post by Aves » 11 Jun 2022 15:07

Hi, Did you find Geneve Notre-Dame in map-editor? Is new?
Trucker Nik

#418 Post by Trucker Nik » 11 Jun 2022 15:58

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9ORuZGex3ig&feature=share We will probably get Switzerland as another overhaul
JoeAlex23

#419 Post by JoeAlex23 » 11 Jun 2022 16:25

Don't start again.....
xXCARL1992Xx

#420 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Jun 2022 16:27

"There are greek font files, Greece will definitely be in the DLC"
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”