Question for real truckers about heavy blue trailers with steering axles

Corvinus

Question for real truckers about heavy blue trailers with steering axles

#1 Post by Corvinus » 21 Mar 2022 17:00

I usually drive external contracts and pick loads by value by distance. More often than not, I'll get a heavy haul blue trailer with steering axles.

I wonder, do you get extra training IRL for these? Like how close you should be on the sides etc. Or do you just somewhat guess how much they'll steer on their own by building experience.

In ATS I always go big radius with big loads since there's no steering axles involved, I find it's much easier to visually calculate where everything will end up. But even if these ETS2 trailers are smaller, I find they require better driving skills as well. If you just go wide, you'll hit something for sure. And it's harder to calculate an exact driving pattern if you want to do a 180 in a small lot, so you don't hit something sideways. These things are finnicky... Don't get me started on jack knifed reversing on some of the harder delivery spots. Like the dock yacht where you can't park it straight. Wasn't too hard, but was slightly annoying with the steering axles. 😅

Maybe it's just me going too much between the games, not getting really used to them.
VirtualTruckTravels

Re: Question for real truckers about heavy blue trailers with steering axles

#2 Post by VirtualTruckTravels » 27 May 2022 01:00

to put it simple, once you have your license to drive with truck and trailer C+E you can drive anything, from rigid to 25 meters, steering axel or not, its up to the driver to figure out how he drives with truck and trailer. you just have to keep practising :D
Corvinus

Re: Question for real truckers about heavy blue trailers with steering axles

#3 Post by Corvinus » 27 May 2022 11:11

Good to know, thanks 👍

Return to “Gameplay Questions”