Economy Overhaul?

IamTheOne

Re: Economy Overhaul?

#51 Post by IamTheOne » 25 May 2022 17:04

The game's biggest downfall for me has always been the economic gameplay; anyone here who thinks that making company management in ATS complex would be too complicated for casual players of the game, don't understand that there have been thousands of games which have shown the capability to balance gameplay to satisfy both hard-core and casual gamers. It doesn't have to be in-depth as what is usually released as content by companies such as Paradox Interactive, but for God Sakes at least put some effort into your game- are ownable trailers as far as they're willing to go?

Once a player passes the hurdle of the early game there's nothing left on offer in terms of company management, and instead the game just devolves to driving from point A to point B. Adding levels of insurance, company management, and contracts with various in-game companies would at least help to make this game into a "Truck Simulator" instead of a very boring "driving simulator".
rookie31st

#52 Post by rookie31st » 28 May 2022 23:05

The hurdle of the early game is easily avoidable by extending bank loan terms to a realistic duration significantly reducing daily payment. This will make a realistic economy less troublesome. It's all about balance. Current economy is easy. SCS could add daily insurance and utility bills with insignificant values (like $10/truck and $20 per garage), and most players wont notice charges since they pocket several thousands per job. Modders however would have a way to adjust values for more realism. Yet, SCS refuses to act. Cannot blame them: Steam stats show the player base keeps increasing. Why bother? Business-wise, ETS2/ATS are doing great and no change is needed.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#53 Post by Optional Features » 29 May 2022 00:43

I wouldn't say ATS is doing great: compared with a number of other similar games, it's faltering. And that is replicated in player-generated content as well.

ETS2 is doing better, but I don't think either game is close to its potential if developed fully.
Viper28

#54 Post by Viper28 » 29 May 2022 03:08

IamTheOne wrote: 25 May 2022 17:04 The game's biggest downfall for me has always been the economic gameplay; anyone here who thinks that making company management in ATS complex would be too complicated for casual players of the game, don't understand that there have been thousands of games which have shown the capability to balance gameplay to satisfy both hard-core and casual gamers. It doesn't have to be in-depth as what is usually released as content by companies such as Paradox Interactive, but for God Sakes at least put some effort into your game- are ownable trailers as far as they're willing to go?

Once a player passes the hurdle of the early game there's nothing left on offer in terms of company management, and instead the game just devolves to driving from point A to point B. Adding levels of insurance, company management, and contracts with various in-game companies would at least help to make this game into a "Truck Simulator" instead of a very boring "driving simulator".
I'm sorry, but you're just asking for far too much. This game is meant to be relaxing, and considering improving anything you've mentioned above is just gonna put me on anxiety medication. :lol:
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
howey

#55 Post by howey » 30 May 2022 00:56

@Viper28 but there are quite a few people who like the extra features of running a company like he is implying. Why I'm hoping for is that what he has said will be part of the hardcore mode that was mentioned awhile back.
rookie31st

#56 Post by rookie31st » 30 May 2022 02:53

Viper28 wrote: 29 May 2022 03:08 improving anything you've mentioned above is just gonna put me on anxiety medication.
Nobody said that all players need to be forced to use the most hardcore settings. In the gaming world, difficulty settings is the norm for decades already. In ETS2/ATS we can switch traffic violations OFF for instance. Why can't some players have realistic economy ON giving option to other keep it OFF?
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
IamTheOne

#57 Post by IamTheOne » 21 Jun 2022 14:22

Viper28 wrote: 29 May 2022 03:08 I'm sorry, but you're just asking for far too much. This game is meant to be relaxing, and considering improving anything you've mentioned above is just gonna put me on anxiety medication. :lol:
With all due respect, your comment is perfectly legitimate, but if you end up not playing a game anymore because the gameplay is not as shallow and "relaxing" as it once was, then that's on you as a player.
VTXcnME

#58 Post by VTXcnME » 21 Jun 2022 15:06

The economy does need work. There's a balance between daily management of assets, drivers, etc and mindless drive point A to point B.

Adding a fueling requirement for your owned garages (like a garage management button to purchase fuel) requiring you to fill up your owned tanks (if you want to buy at garage discounted fuel). Adding a weekly insurance cost (no interaction required by player) that debits based on # of trucks and # of garages. Bills for utilities (again no interaction required by player) for garage electrics/water/sewer/property payments. Those simple additions with little to no effort by the player, would add to business, you need to make sure you have drivers at garages to make them worth they ownership.

Right now? Once you break over the initial grind of the game, there's nothing to worry about. If you make it thru the first I'd say 50-100ish hours of game play, you should have no issues with money. Like, ever again. Once you own two or three garages with 9-15 drivers? You're on easy street for the rest of the game. With no money cheating, it took me a few weeks time of grinding out deliveries to get a profile to a point where money was just falling from the sky, daily. My main profile that I've been playing the last 1,100 hours? With no money cheats I'm up over 850 million dollars, every time I drive? I'm adding a quarter million or more (depending on how long I'm in for) to my bottom line. That's insane. As someone else said, the game at this point for me is just drive from A to B with as little damage as you can.
VTXcnME

#60 Post by VTXcnME » 21 Jun 2022 19:52

I'm certain if you are incredibly daft, anything is possible.

But just for grins and giggles, I ran a profile from square one and no money mods. It took a lot less time than I thought it would to get to a point I was rolling money every single day.

Return to “General discussion about the game”