Germany, The states of Rhineland Palatinate and Saarland

Dornsmichel

Germany, The states of Rhineland Palatinate and Saarland

#1 Post by Dornsmichel » 19 Jun 2022 19:11

Hello together,
while playing ETS2 and ATS im also exploring the redone regions of Germany, Austria and California and i'm pretty impressed so far. With the announcement of the Hannover Rebuild for V.1.45. I'm hopeful for other parts of Germany to receive a rebuild. Within the Germany map, there currently is a gap where the states of Rhineland Palatinate and Saarland are located.
With the thought in mind, that the Rhine-Ruhr metro area and also the BeNeLux region may also get a rebuild in the future I kinca created a quick mockup, on how the region could be implemented:
Concept.jpeg
About the region:
The states of Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland are located in the northern south-west of Germany.
Although the states are quite rural, they could add some medium sized cities to the map.
Apart from small urban areas, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland are known for their scenic wine regions along the rivers Ahr, Mosel, Rhein and Saar.
The wine regions are also crossed by the German motorway and highway systems, providing a nice view overlooking the wine valleys.

Motivation:
Due to the location, the region plays an important role to connect Belgium, Luxemburg and parts of France to the rest of Germany.
This traffic is currently handled in game with some outdated 2-way roads.
With the implementation of the viewpoint system, the player can sit back and relax to enjoy the landscape or specific landmarks.
This system could be implemented quite well in the region. Some possible locations are marked on the mockup map.

Benefits:
New and updated road connections to Begium(A60), Luxemburg(A8, A64) and France(A6).
Closed motorway gaps within Germany: A3((Rhein-Ruhr) Cologne - Frankfurt); A61(Kreuz Kerpen, Mannheim)
New east west connections: A6, A8, A48, A60, B50

Five new cities:
Rhineland-Palatinate:
Koblenz: A city with a population of over 100 000 residents located at the point where the rivers Mosel and Rhein merge. Koblenz is home to the government of northern Rhineland-Palatinate.

Trier: Located at the river Mosel and founded 17 b.c by the romans, Trier is home to over 100 000 residents nowadays. The city is known for its roman architecture and houses the government for the western part of Rhineland-Palatinate.

Mainz:
Located south of Wiesbaden on the river Rhein, Mainz is the largest city and also the capital of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. North of Mainz lays the scenic "Mittelrheintal" region.

Hessen:
Wiesbaden:
Although not the largest city of Hessen, Wiesbaden is home of the government off the state of Hessen. Only seperated by the river Rhein, Wiesbaden borders north to Mainz.

Saarland:
Saarbrücken:
Located on the river Saar, Saarbrücken is the capital of the small state of Saarland.

New/Extended motorways:
A1 Dreieck Vulkaneifel - Trier - Saarbrücken
A3 Cologne - Frankfurt
A6 France - Saarbrücken - Mannheim
A8 Luxemburg - Saarbrücken
A48 Dreieck Vulkaneifel(A1) - Koblenz - Dreieck Derenbach (A3)
A60 Belgium - Kreuz Wittlich (Continuing as B50)
A60 City ring Mainz/ Wiesbaden
A61 Cologne - Koblenz - Mainz - Mannheim
A64 Luxemburg - Trier/A1
A643 City ring Mainz/ Wiesbaden
A671 City ring Mainz/ Wiesbaden

New/Extended federal highways:
B49 Limburg(Lahn) - Wetzlar
B50 Kreuz Wittlich - Hochmoselbrücke - Rheinböllen
B51 Bitburg - Trier - Merzig
B256 Cologne Eifeltor - Nationalpark Eifel - Prüm(A60)

Possible additions:
Ludwigshafen (Right next to Mannheim)
B410 Prüm - Border of Luxemburg (Dasburg, Connection to E421)
B9 Koblenz - Mainz (Mittelrhein-valley, Scenic route)
Stark Industries

Re: Germany, The states of Rhineland Palatinate and Saarland

#2 Post by Stark Industries » 08 Jun 2023 06:52

Hello, that's true, SCS Software could really implement it with a DLC or as an update into the game. The A 602 is still missing. The freeway Trier, i.e. from the A1 to the freeway Trier at the Moselthal triangle, so all federal states of Germany would be in ETS 2.
And then also implement the sights so that there is a recognition value. That would be
And the landscape implements the Moselle and in Koblenz the German Corner where the Moselle flows into the Rhine.
velles

#3 Post by velles » 09 Jun 2023 04:29

I agree, this is definitely the most underdeveloped area of the base game. IMO this should be done with Benelux rework - main rework team (that currently works on Switzerland) and Germany rework team should work together on this, also this rework should include parts of France like rebuilding the cities of Metz and Lille
Stark Industries

#4 Post by Stark Industries » 06 Feb 2024 09:01

In Rhineland-Palatinate, the cities of Mainz, Koblenz, Ludwigshafen and Trier, i.e. the Roman city, could be added. And in Saarland the cities of Saarbrücken, Saarlouis Merzig and Völklingen are added and the sights have been implemented in real life.

I also agree to bring the Benelux countries up to date, such as Luxembourg etc. with a high recognition value.

Let's be surprised by what comes from scs. They are relatively open and friendly, which I think is good.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”