SCS General Discussion Thread

Tristman

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#17531 Post by Tristman » 22 Jun 2022 20:25

I would love to eventually see a nice car industry in ATS, but we don't really have any states yet that produce a significant amount of cars (I think California and Nevada produce some Teslas, but that's it).
We know that there will be a car factory in some shape or form coming with Texas (GM in Arlington or Toyota in San Antonio is my guess), but I don't think it's worth prioritizing a reworked car carrier yet.
oldmanclippy

#17532 Post by oldmanclippy » 22 Jun 2022 20:30

Well I for one would like to see a bonneted Euro truck and/or a cabover American truck added to the games at some point :) There are decent mods but not up to SCS quality.

If I was a driver IRL, I'd probably prefer a bonneted one so my life didn't get upended when it needed to be serviced. But I think the actual driving experience would be better with a quieter Euro cabover.
West Balkans blog screenshot map | German Cities Rework discussion thread and blog screenshot map
ATS Wallbert IRL map (WIP) | Montana concept map (v6) | Texas concept map (v2)
click my username for more links
seriousmods

#17533 Post by seriousmods » 22 Jun 2022 20:36

Tristman wrote: 22 Jun 2022 20:25 I would love to eventually see a nice car industry in ATS, but we don't really have any states yet that produce a significant amount of cars (I think California and Nevada produce some Teslas, but that's it).
We know that there will be a car factory in some shape or form coming with Texas (GM in Arlington or Toyota in San Antonio is my guess), but I don't think it's worth prioritizing a reworked car carrier yet.
Car factories would be nice, but car imports and exports should already be included. Most of the Subarus, Toyotas, and various other brands imported into the US arrive via ship to West Coast ports.

And vice versa, many of the cars shipped overseas leave via these same ports.

These are old numbers, but a look at import volume by port.
[ external image ]

These ships would be an impressive addon to the game, and the lots themselves could greatly increase the realism of ports in the game. Ports in ATS are amongst the most underutilized industries in the game.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

For manufacturing, Tesla has a factory in Fremont, California (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tesla ... 21.9447469), and as a frequent I-5 traveler, I constantly see full loads of their cars on trucks bound north. I'm starting to recognize some of the haulers even: the runs seem very consistent.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#17534 Post by abasstreppas » 22 Jun 2022 21:17

Talking about ports. I hope SCS will add the new Norvik Port in Nynäshamn, Sweden. It's a container port located just north of the ferry terminal we already have in the Scandinavia DLC. Also the ferry to Ventspils, Latvia now docks there. In the aerial photo (looks it's before the opening of the port) you can see the ferry port we have in game in the top of the picture. It's not particular large container port as we have the large ones on the west coast. It would be a nice addition though as there is only one company in Nynäshamn in game atm.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
seriousmods

#17535 Post by seriousmods » 22 Jun 2022 21:27

ETS2 and ATS both could use larger, more active ports. Ports are such a massive part of the economy, and the ones in game seem underscaled and a bit lifeless. They should be bustling and a bit chaotic imo.
oldmanclippy

#17536 Post by oldmanclippy » 22 Jun 2022 22:08

I've changed my mind, if I could choose any feature to add to these games, it would be chaos!
West Balkans blog screenshot map | German Cities Rework discussion thread and blog screenshot map
ATS Wallbert IRL map (WIP) | Montana concept map (v6) | Texas concept map (v2)
click my username for more links
Shiva

#17537 Post by Shiva » 22 Jun 2022 23:07

abasstreppas, I did not know that, about Nynäshamn!
That would be absolutely something for whenever they redo parts of Scandinavia.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#17538 Post by abasstreppas » 22 Jun 2022 23:18

A fun side story of that new container port is that the chief engineer of the project and I vent to the same class in elementary school. Well, some people climbs the ladder. My ladder still laying there, flat on the ground :lol:
Seerman

#17539 Post by Seerman » 23 Jun 2022 11:41

Today I'm waiting for a blog about 1.45 ;)
I translate via Google Translate :geek:
Trucker_71

#17540 Post by Trucker_71 » 23 Jun 2022 12:15

Why?🥸

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”