Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

VTXcnME

Re: Missed Opportunities: What Would You Put Here?

#61 Post by VTXcnME » 25 Jun 2022 21:50

Quark wrote: 21 Jun 2022 01:58 Again, this might be true for SOME ingame models directly besides driveable roads or nearby. like the warehouse in ST.George that VTXcnME has shown a couple pages back.
100%. Remove the gate bar and add a delivery trigger. It's all outside. Assign a bay door to back up to or just a "I'm in a hurry" straight on delivery point. That garage in St George is a hugely overlooked delivery point for something. And easy as h*ll to code in. Trigger and delivery point. Done. Shouldn't be a challenge for scs. They've got hundreds of others across the map.

🍻🍻
Optional Features

#62 Post by Optional Features » 25 Jun 2022 22:26

VTXcnME wrote: 25 Jun 2022 21:50
Quark wrote: 21 Jun 2022 01:58 Again, this might be true for SOME ingame models directly besides driveable roads or nearby. like the warehouse in ST.George that VTXcnME has shown a couple pages back.
100%. Remove the gate bar and add a delivery trigger. It's all outside. Assign a bay door to back up to or just a "I'm in a hurry" straight on delivery point. That garage in St George is a hugely overlooked delivery point for something. And easy as h*ll to code in. Trigger and delivery point. Done. Shouldn't be a challenge for scs. They've got hundreds of others across the map.

🍻🍻
Yep, @SouthernMan has proven that modular companies are possible: now, pretty much any building can be a company, anywhere on the map.

It opens up so many opportunities for more variety in docks.
Optional Features

#63 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 06:53

As I browse the map looking for new places to add to this thread, I notice some weird trends. There are a number, maybe a dozen or more, decent prefabs that SCS only uses as decoration.

This is one of them:

[ external image ]

If you see this building in the map (and it has been used in several states), it's not a functional company.

I believe all of these fall in that category, and yet they are some of the better warehouses SCS has ever made.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

A couple others as well:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
chris2002

#64 Post by chris2002 » 27 Jun 2022 09:41

Maybe you should make a mod, that would "solve" your problem by adding theses prefab as delivery points... (if the economical system can handle it without starting to be unbalanced due the too high number of compagnies in a part of the map, which I doubt. But if it's work, it can also be an argument to convince SCS).

Personally I would say that even before touching the delivery points, SCS need to do a complete rework of the economical system. For the most part, I only use WoT contract because the choice of "normal" deliveries are often too limited, especially when using your own trailer.
Then, one can imagine adding (quite a lot of) new delivery points. But with the actual economical system, adding new delivery points risk to make things even worst.

Also, as a player that have around 500 hours of game play (ATS (200 hours ) + ETS2 (300 hours)), there is still quite a few delivery points that are marked as grey (not discovered) on the map, especially on the European side.
Which could indicate 2 things :
1) the economical system is broken and some delivery points are almost never used. Which is quite possible, to a certain extend.
2) there is enough delivery points for at least 90% of the player base. Which is also a good possibility.

Note : I have all map DLC in ATS and ETS. And 90% of the road discovered in ATS (60% in ETS due to the reworks of Germany and Austria and the size of certains DLC like Iberia).
Last edited by chris2002 on 27 Jun 2022 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Tristman

#65 Post by Tristman » 27 Jun 2022 09:49

I go out of my way every time I do a run in ATS to make sure at least the pick-up or drop-off point is one I have never visited before. And yes, some cities/depots in specific cities seem like a challenge to find a job for. I also find myself hauling a lot of used packaging and empty pallets in order to achieve my goal of visiting new places.

So I have a feeling chris2002 might be right here. An overhaul of the cargo market should probably take priority over just adding more locations in general.
Optional Features

#66 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 16:21

chris2002 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 09:41 Maybe you should make a mod, that would "solve" your problem by adding theses prefab as delivery points... (if the economical system can handle it without starting to be unbalanced due the too high number of compagnies in a part of the map, which I doubt. But if it's work, it can also be an argument to convince SCS).
I'm not skilled enough to do so, but my friend @SouthernMan is doing exactly that.

He just made the Spokane Convention Center deliverable yesterday.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#67 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 07:35

As I find new places to add to this thread, I'm beginning to hope more that SCS will put some of these buildings to use in general, even if not in these specific areas. These warehouse models would be much better served as deliverable companies somewhere.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

As for the grain elevators, SCS please start making these functional with the dropoff point in the elevator, not a dock trigger off to the side. These are pull-through delivery spots irl: that shouldn't be hard to implement in-game.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Tristman

#68 Post by Tristman » 04 Jul 2022 08:19

We are getting grain elevators with Montana, so we’ll see whether they do that. They’ve made pull-through delivery spots in some of the most recent DLC for ETS2 I think (or maybe just HoR), so not sure why they couldn’t for ATS.

Regarding a lot of these buildings you post, yes they would be nice to deliver to. But, they are greatly lacking in detail compared to the prefabs we are used to + most of their locations as they are in-game now look way too tight to pull in/out.
So save a few, I would say just adding a trigger to them wouldn’t really work.
Optional Features

#69 Post by Optional Features » 04 Jul 2022 08:37

Tristman wrote: 04 Jul 2022 08:19 We are getting grain elevators with Montana, so we’ll see whether they do that. They’ve made pull-through delivery spots in some of the most recent DLC for ETS2 I think (or maybe just HoR), so not sure why they couldn’t for ATS.
ETS2 has a number of concepts that I would love to see become a thing in ATS. Narrow streets, warehouses with interiors, and weird docks like that angled one in Iberia (I believe). This kind of variety makes gameplay more fun and challenging.
Regarding a lot of these buildings you post, yes they would be nice to deliver to. But, they are greatly lacking in detail compared to the prefabs we are used to + most of their locations as they are in-game now look way too tight to pull in/out.
So save a few, I would say just adding a trigger to them wouldn’t really work.
I should do a better job of labeling what I'd like to see with each, but not all of them, even in a dreamworld, would be deliverable. Some would be truck yards (3-4, 8, 11 and 12 are iffy).

I have seen additional examples in several places on the map:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The RV and mobile home ones imo should be deliverable, albeit a bit tight. RVs and travel trailers should be a cargo for the stepdecks and maybe lowboys, while mobile home parks should have a slot or two that's empty that the player can deliver a home to. I'd pay for a toter dlc with a handful of trailers and specialized drops.

A split home like this would make an awesome Convoy cargo option.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#70 Post by Optional Features » 11 Jul 2022 04:10

A business next to a functional business, detailed like a business, but gated off from the world.

[ external image ]

Even the best Wallbert distribution center is behind the walls.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Also this:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by Optional Features on 20 Jul 2022 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”