Sleeping pets - truck cabin accessories

Asp1re

Sleeping pets - truck cabin accessories

#1 Post by Asp1re » 23 Feb 2021 20:11

It would be great to add sleeping pets to the truck cabin accessories. I have a friend who is a real truck driver in the US and he has 2 cats in the truck for keeping him company and its just wonderful to have them around and I was thinking it would be a nice add to ETS2 as well... just having a sleeping cat on the dashboard or on the right seat or on the cabin bed... it wouldn't make the long roads so lonely :D even if its just an optical illusion.
it can be just the pet and maybe with a little sleeping basket or a mini desk when its on the right seat, so the pet can see the road as well :D I will leave some pictures.
And maybe the pet can alternate from sleeping to semi-awake state like move a little from time to time but nothing big... just a little head movement or tail while keeping the same position.
It would make the experience nice and cozy!

Here are some pics:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Takamisakari

Re: Sleeping pets - truck cabin accessories

#2 Post by Takamisakari » 24 Feb 2021 09:38

n1ce

side effect: the pets in all the other unused trucks are lonely
zippe

#3 Post by zippe » 24 Feb 2021 15:26

I also really like dogs :) and I think there are some truck drivers who always have their pets with them,
but I think the animals are not allowed to be that free in the driver's cab,I only know it from my country and from cars
If you want to transport your pet in the car, it must always be secured with harness, belts, boxes, etc....
Otherwise the animal would fly through the cabin in the event of an emergency stop or an impact and
animals can also distract the driver a lot, block his view ..... so I think that it is not allowed in trucks as in the pictures in Europe,even if some drivers do the same :)
so I don't know whether SCS will do it if it shouldn't be allowed :? but it's a game / simulator and I also often have the cat from SISL's Megapack on my dashboard :lol:
Asp1re

#4 Post by Asp1re » 24 Feb 2021 19:41

It depends... one of my friends cat is very chill... he is a truck driver also in EU and he takes his cat everywhere. I think that cat visited almost every city. He has a pet cage but it only uses it when he needs to take the cat out to the vet or something... its a very well disciplined cat, it just chills on the dashboard or in his little bed on the right passenger seat. I get what you are sying... in case of an accident that cat would be in real danger with no seatbelt... but a lot of truck drivers have pets in their cabin especially in the US I know personally a few and they never had a problem. Still... it's a game, players are going 150+ km/h in cities with a full load xD I think having a pet next to you in the cabin it's not that big of a deal if its allowed or not... they could add these accessories with and without the safety harness/cages as well for letting the player decide their pets safety :D
Cowboy69

#5 Post by Cowboy69 » 27 Feb 2021 06:27

There was a Mod by SiSl, where you could have cats and dogs as cabin accessory, but it's not available anymore.
tonaz

#6 Post by tonaz » 25 Jun 2022 22:48

why he removed the animals?! :(
they were there.

https://radiotrucker.com/sislsmegapack/ ... t-items/6/
sovietwarbear nl

#7 Post by sovietwarbear nl » 22 Jul 2022 19:11

Cowboy69 wrote: 27 Feb 2021 06:27 There was a Mod by SiSl, where you could have cats and dogs as cabin accessory, but it's not available anymore.
I stil have cat or dog in my truck. Think you need older version who wil work with new game.

Not all mods need be up to date to run the game crash free.
Asp1re

#8 Post by Asp1re » 14 Aug 2023 05:25

I made this post a while now and I switched from ETS2 to ATS I really love those long trips on the wide open roads but I am still a little lonely, it would be really great to have a furry friend with us during our trip. It just gives a nice feeling. Maybe some people would like such a cabin "semi-dynamic" accessory? and also it would pose an interesting challenge for the SCS team to implement or just even think about how such a feature could be implemented. I still prefer my original idea, to have a pet that doesn't move much (mostly sleeping/relaxing) with a little movement from time to time but is mostly passive. The idea is not to make it interactive, just to give the player a sense of not being alone all the time on the road, what would serve this purpose better than a furry best friend on the right seat or on the bed behind you? We are truck drivers, we live on the open road, our cabin as small as it is, it's our little home that we love, we are free but we are also still human, not made of stone, we still need companionship. In a way SCS understands this thats why they allow us to customize our trucks so much and in detail, all I am saying, let's take it to the next level, to a more "furry" level. Happy trucking!
MirM

#9 Post by MirM » 14 Aug 2023 09:38

@Asp1re

Go to the Steam Workshop search for: cats, dogs.
For example, I can recommend :)
Farsel's Cab Cats ( with animations) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... htext=cats
Man's Best Friend - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... chtext=dog

SCS has other priorities, and fulfilling the players' wishes would require increasing the team and that comes at a cost.

-------
Sorry, I'm using a translator.
H-G-B

#10 Post by H-G-B » 14 Aug 2023 10:51

Cowboy69 wrote: 27 Feb 2021 06:27 There was a Mod by SiSl, where you could have cats and dogs as cabin accessory, but it's not available anymore.
Since the Sisl Mega Pack is one of my favorite mods, I know it's still available.

However, it may not be displayed in the workshop if you call it up via ATS/ETS 2 or the Steam client. But if you go through the normal browser then you will find the SMP, as well as many other mods that are no longer displayed in other ways.

By the way, the SMP only contains a sitting dog and a sitting and a lying cat.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”