Wrong cash price for diesel

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Wrong cash price for diesel [MOD]

#11 Post by Madkine » 25 Jun 2022 02:58

Mods have been known to include things that the modder didn't mention, so it's possible for any mod to break anything. Providing a game log at least gives the devs a chance to asses what mods you are running and whether any of those may impact on what you've reported. Without a log, you may be running 1 mod or 400 and the devs and testers don't have time to chase down issues that may be caused by mods.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Unster

#12 Post by Unster » 25 Jun 2022 06:32

Sure, that may be true with other issues, but in this case it would be far faster to check the map problem at those coordinates than to go through my game log.
Max
SCS Software

#13 Post by Max » 25 Jun 2022 09:57

it is much simpler, actually.
we have many bug reports here and from other sources. in ideal world we would like to fix all of them. for the efficiency sake we must filter them and prioritise. and having more detailed and correct report is huuuge boost.
in log there is a lot of info that might speed up the process immensely (eg complete settings of the profile) so we do not need to hunt chimeras.

few minutes that anyone of you can spare for as most detailed report as possible, will spare lot of time on our side together that could be used to do another work and more fixes. not to mention that nature of the bug typically can't be guessed on first glance, so you do not know what is simple or what is complicated and what consequences it could have - is that mistake in given sign? is that mistake on all signs of that type? of all signs in idaho? is that mistake on text generation? the font? font mipmaps so it happens only in some resolutions? or the value itself? the country data? every single of the cases might fall on diffrent developer actually, so the QA department need to reproduce it, do all detailed testing that is not present in initial report and then send to proper developer. the less work they need to do the more bug reports could flow through. for this reason, less complete bug reports are put to the list with lower priority and based on amount of things to fix and improve they might not get to top fast and sometimes won't be fixed at all ...

yeah, and thanks to this (rather general) explanation i wasted time for fixing of some more bugs .. :)
or i would if it would be working day .. ;)

anyway, thanks for the report.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
PBandJ

#14 Post by PBandJ » 25 Jun 2022 13:16

Hopefully the MOD tag gets removed and a QA number gets added so this can be corrected at some point....:)
supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Wrong cash price for diesel

#15 Post by supersobes » 25 Jun 2022 15:35

Isn't this the same issue as this report, which has been marked as fixed? But I can confirm that I am still seeing this issue as well.
xXCARL1992Xx

#16 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Jun 2022 15:37

the other one was in Colorado, this one is in Idaho
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#17 Post by supersobes » 25 Jun 2022 15:37

It seems to be a global issue with all truck stops in game, regardless of the state.
Unster

#18 Post by Unster » 26 Jun 2022 03:59

In the other report, Max from SCS seemed to misunderstand the bug. The bug wasn't that gas was cheaper than diesel or vice versa, but that the credit price was less than the cash price which is opposite to real world.

Anyway, it is a minor / low priority issue that doesn't bother me. I only decided to report it to help improve the game for everyone.

Return to “Bugs 1.44”