90 degree deadzone with T248 wheel

CaptainZephyr

90 degree deadzone with T248 wheel

#1 Post by CaptainZephyr » 27 Jun 2022 19:32

I've got a Thrustmaster T248 steering wheel - it works fine in other games and I've tested it with various utilities, the steering works fine.

In ETS I have to turn the wheel 90 degrees before the game detects any input. I've fiddled with settings and I can't seem to get it working properly. It does this in the settings menu as well as in game.

Running Manjaro Linux.
polando

Re: 90 degree deadzone with T248 wheel

#2 Post by polando » 05 Aug 2022 18:52

Hello
Sadly I have a similiar issue with my Thrustmaster T150 steering wheel on Arch Linux.

Everything worked just fine before I decided to update the t150_driver, although before the FFB did not work at all.
I've installed the t150_driver off of github and checked if the wheel works in oversteer.
I didn't see any deadzone issues in oversteer, in game I have around 45° deadzone in both left and right direction.
I've been messing around with various in-game settings, setting up cvars, trying out different fixes from various other steam, SCS and reddit threads but to no avail.
I have a slight guess that the problem in viewtopic.php?t=310907 could be similiar to this one if that helps.

Hopefully somebody finds a fix to this soon, I wish I could play this game with my friend again...
With regards,
Polando

Return to “Technical Problems”