ATS 1.45 speculation

flight50

Re: ATS 1.45 speculation

#271 Post by flight50 » 27 Jun 2022 18:39

They kinda of had zero choice to do Texas when they did it. If they went North to South, different story. But to bring Oklahoma, Arkansas or Louisiana, Texas needs to be done and over with. If they went Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraka, etc, people wouldn't be to happy and probably loose even more interest.

The order they did gets Texas out the way and the rest of the map takes less time. Its possible we could get maps in the future. Whether that is 2023 or 2024 is the question.
Optional Features

#272 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 19:18

Marcello Julio wrote: 27 Jun 2022 18:04 Well, you apparently lost things. There are new cargos added. Check trailer manage.
What are they? Anything visible? More than five things?
Optional Features

#273 Post by Optional Features » 27 Jun 2022 19:22

flight50 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 18:39 They kinda of had zero choice to do Texas when they did it. If they went North to South, different story. But to bring Oklahoma, Arkansas or Louisiana, Texas needs to be done and over with. If they went Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraka, etc, people wouldn't be to happy and probably loose even more interest.

The order they did gets Texas out the way and the rest of the map takes less time. Its possible we could get maps in the future. Whether that is 2023 or 2024 is the question.
The problem isn't the number or pace of DLC states. It's the fact that DLCs are the only/main way to enjoy the game at this point. If SCS stopped producing new states, would players keep playing? If the answer is no, something is wrong. If the answer is maybe, something is wrong. If the answer is yes, something is right.

I shared this story elsewhere of how several friends and I have about 100 hours of gameplay into a square of land 2.5 miles by 2.5 miles. I cannot imagine what we could do with a map that covers 12 states. The difference between games is how much impact we have on the experience. For SCS games, almost none. For this other game, nearly limitless.

We shouldn't need new states to keep us interested: there should be bad weather, traffic jams, complicated cargo, difficult roads (within existing states), and tough docks to keep us enthused. And there should be interactivity with some of these things to tie it all together.

Many a game developer has put forth a product with features, but a terrible map and trucks. SCS has somehow done the opposite: produced a game with a great map, nice trucks, and almost no features. Features are what hold people over, not roads. They need to really turn it up, or people will eventually get bored.
Carfreak200

#274 Post by Carfreak200 » 27 Jun 2022 19:35

ATS is not a sandbox. Nor will it ever be a sandbox. So to compare it to such is not a good faith comparison
Best Free ATS Mods viewtopic.php?t=317006

Life's too Short to Drive Boring Trucks

Current Garage:
  • Rezbilt 389 (Allen Rezbilt)
  • Freightliner Classic XL (BSA)
  • Peterbilt 379X (Chief86)
The_SimTrucker

#275 Post by The_SimTrucker » 27 Jun 2022 19:40

Be careful not to project your wishes onto the entire community . Personally I like driving long distances, so I want as many states as possible. I hate traffic jams because I stand in them already long enough in real life. And I certainly don't want any 1st person interaction around the truck because there are already enough 1st person games out there, made by 100million dollar gamestudio's, that do that sort of gameplay into excruciating detail. If I want to walk around a city with some cool graphics I'll go play Cyberpunk2077.

Return to “General discussion about the game”