[REL] Minor Urban Overhaul (12/01/2023)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Calibuddy99

Re: [REL] Minor Urban Overhaul (06/02/2022)

#681 Post by Calibuddy99 » 27 Jun 2022 21:48

@Quaristice Never mind you don't have to do the I-10 idea, but can you please widen the freeways in Sacramento? I know the city was reworked, but the freeways aren't wide enough. They used the same old 2 lanes and 1 auxiliary lane on each side. If you can, please add at least 1 extra lane on each direction on the Freeways. I would like that. And make sure to change the signs from left 2 lane to left three lanes, the signs with the 2 arrows are fine to me I guess. But if you have to create separate sign models if the current ones are not wide enough, then I don't know what you should do. If you can do it yourself then do it. If you can't do it yourself or need help with it, I hope there is someone to make those models. Because I might never be able to make custom models in Blender or whatever else you can use to do it.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Calibuddy99

#682 Post by Calibuddy99 » 28 Jun 2022 02:17

And another suggestion, maybe use single concrete barriers instead of dual concrete barriers because the LA freeways are like that(With single barriers) in real life. I wish you could make carpool lanes too but there are no signs or diamond paints, and no 5 lane freeway junction prefabs. I also think that you should widen the Grapevine because since I-5 south of there and 99 in Bakersfield are both widened, I think it would be good to widen the Grapevine part of I-5. And maybe remove that truck lane thing for cars on I-5 south merging on and taking over 99, because I don't think that truck road at the I-5 and CA 99 junction exists in real life. I only think that the truck lanes through the Grapevine exist, I don't think the I-5 truck road at the junction exists.
Quaristice

#683 Post by Quaristice » 04 Jul 2022 21:33

Atsguy99 wrote: 26 Jun 2022 00:31 @Quaristice You should connect I-10 and I-5 interchange to that freeway that goes south from I-5 and then turns west. Because when the road turns west it looks like I-10. I think you should connect these 2 roads and make I-10 in LA finished. And add some realistic sign in the area.
The road connecting I-5 to Santa Monica and CA-1 is already marked as I-10. In reality these two stretches of I-10 (Santa Monica Freeway and San Bernardino Freeway) also aren't directly connected just like in the game, you have to take a small stretch of I-5/I-10 concurrency in the East LA Interchange, although in real life it's southbound rather than northbound, coming from the east.

I don't intend on ever making entirely new stretches of roads for this mod, at that point it would be easier just rebuilding the whole area than trying to build around what's already built in vanilla.
Atsguy99 wrote: 27 Jun 2022 21:48 @Quaristice Never mind you don't have to do the I-10 idea, but can you please widen the freeways in Sacramento? I know the city was reworked, but the freeways aren't wide enough. They used the same old 2 lanes and 1 auxiliary lane on each side. If you can, please add at least 1 extra lane on each direction on the Freeways. I would like that. And make sure to change the signs from left 2 lane to left three lanes, the signs with the 2 arrows are fine to me I guess. But if you have to create separate sign models if the current ones are not wide enough, then I don't know what you should do. If you can do it yourself then do it. If you can't do it yourself or need help with it, I hope there is someone to make those models. Because I might never be able to make custom models in Blender or whatever else you can use to do it.
I'll consider going over Sacramento and the whole Bay Area once that's all released. I don't know if it's something temporary before San Francisco proper in reworked, but only having two lanes in the 101 stretch between San Rafael and the Golden Gate is baffling, especially when SCS has widened the bridge to three lanes already. Maybe it's because of the Robin Willians Tunnel and the fact the game still doesn't have a proper model of three-lane-wide circular tunnels.
Atsguy99 wrote: 28 Jun 2022 02:17 And another suggestion, maybe use single concrete barriers instead of dual concrete barriers because the LA freeways are like that(With single barriers) in real life. I wish you could make carpool lanes too but there are no signs or diamond paints, and no 5 lane freeway junction prefabs. I also think that you should widen the Grapevine because since I-5 south of there and 99 in Bakersfield are both widened, I think it would be good to widen the Grapevine part of I-5. And maybe remove that truck lane thing for cars on I-5 south merging on and taking over 99, because I don't think that truck road at the I-5 and CA 99 junction exists in real life. I only think that the truck lanes through the Grapevine exist, I don't think the I-5 truck road at the junction exists.
The dual concrete barriers are a result of my decision of just redoing everything SCS originally did, but only making the roads wider, when I had just started making this mod. That's how they originally were in the game and I just copied it (they also originally had dirt in the center instead of asphalt, but I fixed that long ago). I'll redo the LA area medians, copying recent street views of the areas as close as possible, for the next update.

And the truck lanes do exist in the I-5/CA-99 interchange (https://goo.gl/maps/Q39NfR7gwBpgLSB68), although the signage isn't exact. I originally only didn't widen I-5 all the way to the 99 interchange because of the northbound runaway ramp, but that might be possible now with new prefabs, I'll see.
Calibuddy99

#684 Post by Calibuddy99 » 04 Jul 2022 23:41

well, then why did they put those truck lanes at the I-80 and I-580 junction when they first made the game? Oh wait nevermind, when they originally did the rescale, they must have copy and pasted the I5 and Ca 99 junction at the I-80 and I-580 junction. Good thing the rework covered that junction!
MattB2100

#685 Post by MattB2100 » 27 Jul 2022 17:29

@Quaristice Just letting you know that even though the latest version of MUO is compatible with 1.45, my game crashes while loading a profile with this mod loaded, every time.
Former developer for the now-defunct Great Lakes Map
PaZz_

#686 Post by PaZz_ » 27 Jul 2022 17:34

Always share the game.log when reporting a crash.
MattB2100

#687 Post by MattB2100 » 27 Jul 2022 17:49

I forgot about that...here you go.
Attachments
editor.log.txt
(119.26 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Former developer for the now-defunct Great Lakes Map
defeoac

#688 Post by defeoac » 27 Jul 2022 21:28

@MattB2100 Minor Urban Overhaul v15.1 will need to be updated since it has those "traffic_data.sii" and "traffic_rules_spawn.sui" files that are currently incompatible with 1.45. You can remove those two files in the mod if you want to work with MUO. The lite version should still work with 1.45, since it doesn't have those traffic data files. Try using that for now.
Sometimes my genius is... it's almost frightening.
Minor Urban Overhaul and Reforma Map/Sierra Nevada/PaZzMod patches: viewtopic.php?p=1530452#p1530452
Vinnie Terranova

#689 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 27 Jul 2022 21:44

But I don't have any problems with running Minor Urban Overhaul v15.1 in ATS 1.45... Or could that have something to do that I'm using the Real Traffic and Density Ratio mod (I have placed it above MUO)?
LAFAYET47

#690 Post by LAFAYET47 » 03 Aug 2022 21:43

does anyone knows what needs to be fixed in "traffic_data" and "traffic_rules_spawn" files in order for this mod to work? I can do this by myself, playing without the traffic density that MUO adds over the big cities is just painful :D

Return to “Maps”