Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

JaDaKa

Re: Guessing the possible Aegean DLC content

#61 Post by JaDaKa » 15 Jun 2022 20:31

LegoTechnicFanBoi wrote: 15 Jun 2022 18:47 @JaDaKa we already have a thread about Asian Part of Turkey

viewtopic.php?t=279027
Yeah but the "Greece pre-search tips" had been opened by SCS themselves, hence they have actual proven interest of introducing it ingame.
Some newbie driver

#62 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jun 2022 11:08

SCS opened all the pre-research topics the same day for all (or almost all) the European countries still not in the game in that moment. We know the interest is there, but the presence of those topics doesn't mean nothing in terms of possible schedule. Later in time other topics were added to focus also on reworkings and some people that asked for the lack of other topics were pointed they could open themselves.

I would not consider more or less interest depending on who opened the topic. It's just that, 3 years ago, SCS more immediate options to where to map where ones that doesn't have to match current situation (specially due the current issue with Russia).

Regards
JaDaKa

#63 Post by JaDaKa » 16 Jun 2022 19:03

Some newbie driver wrote: 16 Jun 2022 11:08 SCS opened all the pre-research topics the same day for all (or almost all) the European countries still not in the game in that moment. We know the interest is there, but the presence of those topics doesn't mean nothing in terms of possible schedule. Later in time other topics were added to focus also on reworkings and some people that asked for the lack of other topics were pointed they could open themselves.

I would not consider more or less interest depending on who opened the topic. It's just that, 3 years ago, SCS more immediate options to where to map where ones that doesn't have to match current situation (specially due the current issue with Russia).

Regards
I agree to that and it is not a priority issue for me. Whether Greece will precede UK rework etc or not, I don't know it is just guessing.

The point I tried to make is that Greece is intended to be showcased in ETS 2 while for Turkey there is no indication that SCS wants to include it.
Some newbie driver

#64 Post by Some newbie driver » 17 Jun 2022 00:39

Well, I'm sure SiSL would disagree with you. :lol:
JaDaKa

#65 Post by JaDaKa » 17 Jun 2022 07:25

Some newbie driver wrote: 17 Jun 2022 00:39 Well, I'm sure SiSL would disagree with you. :lol:
Oh alright :lol:
clifflandmark

#66 Post by clifflandmark » 28 Jun 2022 16:50

There will be many differences of opinion on any regional map that will include the Asian part of Turkey.

1st option: Aegean DLC

Greece, Crete, Rhodes, Cyprus and "Canakkale-Balikesir-Izmir-Mugla-Antalya."

Making the west coast part of Turkey under the name Aegean DLC presents an incomplete map.

2nd option : East Meditterenean DLC :

Greece-Crete-Rhodes-Cyprus-Turkey

It will be a very big DLC ​​in terms of area. It wouldn't be an appropriate DLC to it's name. East Meditterenean supposed to represent coast countries from Alexandria to Greece.

In such a case, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon would have been omitted.

3rd option : Aegean+Anatolia DLC : Greece, Crete, Rhodes, Cyprus, West of the Euphrates.

In such a case, the east of the Euphrates is not included in Turkey. As for the advantages and disadvantages of this situation:

✓ It'll be easier for SCS to map because eastern cities in Turkey dont have google street review.

✓ Same income with less effort :
Coming east of Firat would not have created an extra income for SCS. Because people east of Firat have neither the time nor money to play, nor do they know that ETS exists. They live in their own world with ordinary things in a small space like hobbits.Also, for those west of the Euphrates, the inclusion of the east of the Euphrates in the ETS means nothing. Therefore, they will buy the DLC regardless of whether the east of Turkey is included.

✓ If the east of the Euphrates comes with a Middle-East DLC, from the east of the Euphrates to Egypt and Iran, this part, where the elevation, mountains, streams, dams and biome vary, can be made more detailed. Dangerous bends and narrow mountain roads will probably be added with this part, which will bring a new breath to ETS.

X If the SCS limits its eastward expansion to Turkey, Turkey will not have covered the east of the Euphrates. That would be interesting.

I'm a fan of SCS living in Urfa. I'm more interested in ATS. I'm writing here to make some objective assessments about possible Turkey map. I've written for Istanbul and TR Marmara extended before.

In the ATS forum, it was written that the ETS section is full of toxic people. Therefore, I leave my review with hesitation and not to write it here again if necessary.
oldmanclippy

#67 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Jun 2022 17:07

clifflandmark wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:50 Because people east of Firat have neither the time nor money to play, nor do they know that ETS exists. They live in their own world with ordinary things in a small space like hobbits.
You live east of the Firat, and you have time and money to play and know that ETS exists :)
clifflandmark wrote: 28 Jun 2022 16:50 In the ATS forum, it was written that the ETS section is full of toxic people. Therefore, I leave my review with hesitation and not to write it here again if necessary.
I spend a lot of time on both sides (mostly map-related parts) and it's fine. ATS side is more active since it's an English language forum. ETS side occasionally gets into spats about certain regions but very rarely nowadays due to less overall activity. Obviously WB could change that but so far so good. Maybe once that certain country/region gets blogged. The ATS side has a few people who are negative in a toxic way, and a few people who are negative in a good way. ETS side doesn't have a lot of negativity on the map side but some on the truck side. I wouldn't call any of it toxic.

Overall though I can count on one maybe two hands the number of people who are active on both sides. Very little crossover which surprises me a lot. I think a lot of problems people have with ATS (lack of companies/industries/cargo and low density) are fixed in ETS2, and a lot of problems that people have with ETS2 (inconsistent distribution of road types and inconsistent quality from country to country) are fixed in ATS, so I am sure that everyone would enjoy both unless you really prefer one style of truck over the other, or one continent over the other.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Some newbie driver

#68 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jun 2022 07:57

We should stop consider if a map zone is relevant to be included into the game regarding the potential players living there IRL.

That could made sense at the starting of the game, but 10 years after the player base is more than consolidated. It doesn't matter where do one lives, chances are very high that one already knows this game if potentially interested on it. The amount of new players dragged into the game due a map DLC covering "their home" is probably very low at this point.

What SCS needs to keep focusing is into making those DLC worthy and desirable for the vast amount of player base they already have; specially for those that aren't so prone to purchase those DLC. Christmas events demonstrate that there's LOTS of players just playing on base map; SCS has there a lot of potential income.

Regards
clifflandmark

#69 Post by clifflandmark » 29 Jun 2022 12:39

oldmanclippy wrote: 28 Jun 2022 17:07 You live east of the Firat, and you have time and money to play and know that ETS exists :)
Mine is an exceptional situation. My socio-economic background was already good a few generations ago. This is not the situation in general.If a % research can be done on Steam, the result will be revealed.It's just a result of what I say.The socio-economic infrastructure was never intended to be corrected here.Conscious people are trying to do things on their own.Now, a change and development begins through the access channels of the 21st century. New generations are conscious. Access to information has become easier. At this point, I think we owe it to civilizations that have made the internet, computers and phones a part of daily life.

@Some newbie driver

It's good to see we're talking about the same thing. I also don't see mapping the place I drive in as the only condition for purchasing content.
The proof of this is that I prefer driving American trucks in the United States, miles away from where I am, to driving European trucks in Europe and Thrace (for now).
JaDaKa

#70 Post by JaDaKa » 29 Jun 2022 18:30

clifflandmark wrote: 29 Jun 2022 12:39 The proof of this is that I prefer driving American trucks in the United States, miles away from where I am, to driving European trucks in Europe and Thrace (for now).
**Thrace is in Europe.

I also agree that where anyone is doesn't matter too much. I am in Europe and actually really enjoy ATS as it is different while I also learn stuff through the "Landmark Viewpoints" and many times I google about them and watch youtube videos.

Similarly I would love it if I was able to explore Japan or Indonesia etc or South America.

Return to “General discussion about the game”