If you were the developer, what scale would you make the map?

If you were the developer, what scale would you make the map?

1:35
2%
1:20
22%
1:15
19%
1:10
42%
1:5
8%
1:1
8%

Total votes: 212

Calibuddy99

Re: If you were the developer, what scale would you make the map?

#11 Post by Calibuddy99 » 28 Jun 2022 18:03

There's more 1:10 scale votes as of now! I wish that SCS made a mini rescale to California, change it from 1:20 to 1:15 at areas possible, because we would then have more room in some spots for new roads. And new cities.
Nothing to say here anymore.
xXCARL1992Xx

#12 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Jun 2022 18:05

and the map starts to get distorted, no thank you we dont need this distorting of the map
---
IF, they ever decide to do a new game 1:15 or even 1:10 would do better
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
gaillard

#13 Post by gaillard » 28 Jun 2022 18:19

And do it separately, and call it ETS3/ATS2.

And license chores etc

I'll be long dead. I hope to see ETS complete, I don't expect to see ATS USA finished (not about Mexico/Canada).

Please SCS, forget those who believe in Simulation, and give us Maps, trucks, Maps, trucks and trucks and Maps. The rest are details and optional unused by-products.
Please do copy/paste as much and possible, and do it quickly.

This is a trucking game, it means trucks, and roads. The rest is welcome, if it's not too long and difficult. Finish Europe, finish USA. Thks, my last post about this.

My opinions are strictly personal, I don't allow others to discuss them. Again, last post, I'm not reading the replies if there are. The scale is 1:19 or 1:20 and it stays.
Optional Features

#14 Post by Optional Features » 28 Jun 2022 20:41

Atsguy99 wrote: 28 Jun 2022 18:03 There's more 1:10 scale votes as of now! I wish that SCS made a mini rescale to California, change it from 1:20 to 1:15 at areas possible, because we would then have more room in some spots for new roads. And new cities.
Just look at the missing named mountain passes between Medford and Redding on I-5. That's both a research issue and a scaling issue. Research because they could have made something fit. Scaling because they could have made something impressive fit.
VTXcnME

#15 Post by VTXcnME » 28 Jun 2022 22:15

@Atsguy99 If a rescale happens: I think it'd have to be 100% full rescale, otherwise you're gonna need transitions to different scales and time settings. Might be a way around that, but time would have to run differently in the differently scaled areas or it wouldn't feel right.

1:10 would be the absolute biggest I think realistically possible when you talk about mapping what they'd be mapping.

Course then folks would complain even more as it would take *MORE* time between state releases. LOL.
Optional Features

#16 Post by Optional Features » 28 Jun 2022 22:27

VTXcnME wrote: 28 Jun 2022 22:15 Course then folks would complain even more as it would take *MORE* time between state releases. LOL.
I believe, probably falsely, that a proper trucksim could only have one state (say Texas) and people would be satisfied with it. Maybe I am wrong. I just believe that after 12 states, 2 more really isn't the problem. The problem is a lack of ways to keep engaged.
Calibuddy99

#17 Post by Calibuddy99 » 28 Jun 2022 23:29

I can actually kind of agree with that gaillard guy or whatever his username is. I have thought about a copy and paste thing as well. I can see how to make a whole city just by copying and pasting other areas of the map. For example, let's say you want Chico CA like I really want. In order to easily make the city, just copy and paste Coos Bay Oregon in game. Make the Coos Bay area into Downtown Chico and add some details so it doesn't fully seem like you just made an area of a city part of another. Then, for the Freeway, Just copy and paste a partial Clover leaf interchange and modify it as you need. For example, add a ramp meter to the northbound ramps. Then make that the Skyway exit. and for East 20th Street, just use the built in overpass exit model or copy and paste another diamond interchange. Then, do whatever for the rest. Now that would be easy for me to do. If I were to make a Chico map mod(which I might actually do) I would probably do exactly how I said. And then like I said add some details to make it closer to real life. However, you should always put effort into something, and not just copy and paste an area. But I like to save time sometimes. So doing what I said would go with my time needs if I were to make a Chico mod and had very limited time.
Nothing to say here anymore.
Optional Features

#18 Post by Optional Features » 28 Jun 2022 23:37

And that's how you get Coast to Coast lol. Downtown Chicago is LA. Eugene is somewhere in Virginia. Somewhere near the Dalles is in Arkansas, etc.
Tristman

#19 Post by Tristman » 29 Jun 2022 10:02

Yeah, that mod exists for those who just want miles and miles of roads and are not really interested in real life resemblance at all.

I don’t think SCS needs to do a perfect representation of the US, but they should get the vibe and the uniqueness of an area right. And I think in most of the newer areas they do.

Return to “General discussion about the game”