X marks on Non-Drivable Roads

Jimg123

X marks on Non-Drivable Roads

#1 Post by Jimg123 » 15 Jun 2022 19:07

Hello, I’ve just discovered this sim, and I’m really enjoying it, to the point I’m pretty much hooked. As I’m learning the ropes and discovering new routes, one thing that truly kills the immersion factor for me is the X marks on the non-drivable roads. At night I’ve had several near misses with oncoming traffic when turning into roadways. Not a fan.

I’m just wondering if there is a mod or setting where I can get rid of those. I know I can’t drive down them, I don’t need glaring yellow and white X-marks as a visual aid.

Thanks in advance.
Underscore_101_

Re: X marks on Non-Drivable Roads

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Jun 2022 00:33

There are mods for it, though for ATS i can't give a link as i just don't remember where i found mine other than via this forum, but you could have a look in the Steam workshop.

Alternatively you can remove them by editing the Profile config.cfg file with wordpad that you can find here:
C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents\American Truck Simulator\profiles\bunchofnumbershere

and change this line:
uset g_show_game_blockers "1"

1 to 0 or 0 to 1 (idk if i have them on or off)

Keep in mind though when doing it with the config file the xxx and <<<>>>will go, but the invisible barriers will still be there, so you could crash your truck into one.

Also keep in mind that some mods remove the xxx and so, but not the barriers and some do remove the barriers aswell, read their description.
Optional Features

#3 Post by Optional Features » 16 Jun 2022 00:57

Jimg123 wrote: 15 Jun 2022 19:07 Hello, I’ve just discovered this sim, and I’m really enjoying it, to the point I’m pretty much hooked. As I’m learning the ropes and discovering new routes, one thing that truly kills the immersion factor for me is the X marks on the non-drivable roads. At night I’ve had several near misses with oncoming traffic when turning into roadways. Not a fan.

I’m just wondering if there is a mod or setting where I can get rid of those. I know I can’t drive down them, I don’t need glaring yellow and white X-marks as a visual aid.

Thanks in advance.
There's actually a mod on the workshop that removes them all completely.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 2819213898
plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Jun 2022 04:07

Please note that you might run into problems like falling through into the void or unexpected collision models
Enable developer mode to be able to teleport the vehicle to safe ground

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#5 Post by Wolfi » 16 Jun 2022 04:58

The best way to get rid of those is to edit the config file or use console command: g_show_game_blockers 0
That way you don't have to use random mods which may or may not work.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Jimg123

#6 Post by Jimg123 » 16 Jun 2022 09:44

Thanks all for the replies! As an avid flight simmer I’m no stranger to poking around in files to mod things, I just haven’t messed with this at this level as I’m new to the sim.

At this point I’m not interested in driving in the blocked areas, I’m just interested in getting those gaudy X-marks out of the roadways.

I truly appreciate the help and answers. Some flight sim forums get a little snarky when new folks ask for help on topics the more experienced feel they should know. The fact my newby question was answered to the point without fluff speaks volumes about the people on the forum.

I’d love to talk more, but I have a load of dynamite in tow heading for Northern Washington, and I don’t want to miss my time slot.

Peace All.
GinXeng

#7 Post by GinXeng » 24 Jun 2022 23:48

@Jimg123 Dont be fooled, you just haven't been around these forums enough to see it, yet.
Jimg123

#8 Post by Jimg123 » 29 Jun 2022 09:51

As an update, I’ve downloaded the mod from the steam workshop and it’s exactly what I wanted. I’m really enjoying the sun so far, thanks to a lot of research here, 45 carefully picked mods, and good controls, I’ve really upped the immersion factor of this sim. If I could fix one thing, it would be the quirky way the AI traffic behaves, but that’s just picking, I’m grateful to have what I do.

After a long day of busting it at my job, this is a great stress reliever. Seems an hour or so after work has become a routine. I downloaded the JBX graphic mod, and the real time (well not really) makes the runs seem longer and more realistic.
Madkine
Global moderator

#9 Post by Madkine » 29 Jun 2022 12:08

The 1.45 beta gives you the ability to do this without mods.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
TexasWhirlwind

#10 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 05 Jul 2022 16:43

Instead of those ugly XXXX 's why not road closed signs instead. It would look a lot better then those XXXX 's in which they are not real. The road closed signs are the real deal.......
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”