Trying to understand wiper animation.

Digital X

Trying to understand wiper animation.

#1 Post by Digital X » 30 Jun 2022 11:44

I'm trying to fix the "judder" that occurs on the 1632 NG wipers.

I've imported the anim and laid out keyframes starting at 0 degree rotation on the Z axis, going up to 90 degrees in increments of 10 per keyframe, then back from 90 to 0 in increments of 10 so it's smooth.

However after I export and copy over the anim/pma's, it's still the same judder when it hits a certain point.

What I mean by judder is it will go to a certain degree of rotation on the wipers in game and slow down, then when it hits another point of rotation it speeds up like it's getting stuck in glue or something for want of better wording.
Unlike the base game trucks where it's smooth.

I've never done animation before so probably missing something, but it exports and packs without errors.

Do I need to apply/alter something? Last time I applied the rest pose to the 0 degree rotation it said the transform will be destroyed, and that's beyond me already unless that's an easy fix.

Something about "transforms stored are relative to the old pose"

Here's what I'm looking at currently, so you can see what I'm trying to achieve in terms of rotation per keyframe set.

https://i.imgur.com/2FBkkL3.jpg

I don't know about adding armatures, bones etc or anything like that. Animation is completely new to me.

If you want a video of the wipers I can provide one so you can better see what I'm trying to fix.

Return to “Blender Tools”