What is required for a truck to appear in Mod Organizer

Deca

What is required for a truck to appear in Mod Organizer

#1 Post by Deca » 30 Jun 2022 17:22

Can I export a truck with just a chassis, some wheel locators, and a cab? What exactly do I need for a truck to appear in the game under the Mod Manager? On the wiki, it says certain fallback rules are defined for things like chassis, engine, transmission, paintjob, etc, but I just set up the .sii files for the chassis (long.sii) and cabin.sii (standard.sii) that I pulled from the Kenworth T680 in ATS through the scsextractor.exe, and I also pulled some of its hood model and stuff, set up its variant for the long.sii (chassis) and tied it to the model of the chassis. The mesh for the hood and doors, and floor of the cab are under the same part "cab_base" and I've set up my own root node that it's all parented to "decatruck".

My .sii files for my long.sii (chassis) and my standard.sii (cabin) both point towards the exported and converted decatruck.pmd, and I packed the mod into a .scs archive... so I'm not sure why my truck won't show up in mod manager other than it's really poorly done and I have a huge host of conflicts, given that I am taking .sii files from the Kenworth T680 and just changing the path to its .pmd file.

What exactly does it take for my mod itself to just show up in the mod manager? Do I need to have 0 useless model locator nodes in my root node? I have a LOT of useless nodes from copying the truck.pmd from the T680.

I've just set up my long.sii (chassis) and standard.sii (cabin) files very poorly... everything else is a complete copy and paste from the Kenworth T680, with the 'kenworth' part changed to 'deca' basically, lmao. So I'm sure there are a lot of reasons why the truck won't show up in mod manager, just want to know what to look. Fallback rules? Useless nodes / locators in my Blender file under my root node? My wheel locators are not named appropriately according to the axle? Bad collisions not set up to each variant of the chassis or the cabin? Cabin locator node not pointing to an actual cabin variant(I copied the locators and axle over from the T680's truck.pmd, too, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't work, hehe!) I mean yeah, I look into the actual Kenworth T680 made by SCS and it's full of .def files I don't have, but I thought the important ones were just under def > vehicle > truck > kenworth.t680 (cabin, chassis, engine, head_light, interior, paint_job, transmission) and as long as I had some of those definitions and changed the directories for only the chassis and cabin, it would run the truck, given that the engine and transmission don't need paths changed to point towards anything?

TL;DR, a lot is wrong here. I'm just wondering what causes trucks to spawn in. Can they really be barebones with poorly defined .sii files that just point towards a truck.pmd and like "go find the variant here, chassis.sii and cabin.sii file! Good luck!"

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Dotec

Re: What is required for a truck to appear in Mod Organizer

#2 Post by Dotec » 30 Jun 2022 18:28

Deca wrote: 30 Jun 2022 17:22I'm just wondering what causes trucks to spawn in. Can they really be barebones with poorly defined .sii files that just point towards a truck.pmd and like "go find the variant here, chassis.sii and cabin.sii file! Good luck!"
yep.

the game needs atleast 2 models (def files): cabin and chassis. in this files are the accessory locators, so this isn't really needed.
Deca

#3 Post by Deca » 01 Jul 2022 04:53

Dotec wrote: 30 Jun 2022 18:28
Deca wrote: 30 Jun 2022 17:22I'm just wondering what causes trucks to spawn in. Can they really be barebones with poorly defined .sii files that just point towards a truck.pmd and like "go find the variant here, chassis.sii and cabin.sii file! Good luck!"
yep.

the game needs atleast 2 models (def files): cabin and chassis. in this files are the accessory locators, so this isn't really needed.
Would I delete all my accessory locators in my Blender file (the ones I forgot to delete when copying from the Kenworth T680), my accessory folders in my def structure itself and then try exporting my root node, converting it with Conversion Tools, and packing it into an .scs or .7z archive? Because otherwise, I do have a cabin .sii and chassis.sii file and I am calling to my main truck.pmd where the chassis and cabin variants would be, and my mod still won't show up in Mod Manager.
Dotec

#4 Post by Dotec » 01 Jul 2022 06:56

The accessory locators in your blend file can stay

If your mod doesn't show up in the mod manager, something different is messed up
Deca

#5 Post by Deca » 01 Jul 2022 11:04

Dotec wrote: 01 Jul 2022 06:56 The accessory locators in your blend file can stay

If your mod doesn't show up in the mod manager, something different is messed up
Yeah it won't show up in mod manager and I have created a manifest.sii, packed the mod properly, and have the defs for the chassis pointing towards the .pmds... anyone else have a solution? Is it that the .sii for the chassis calls for defaults? Is it the fallback rules under data.sii for the truck?
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jul 2022 11:06

how does the mod look like exactly, the whole mod structure, the only way a mod doesnt show up is 1. wrong archive format or 2 the mod is inside a redundant folder instead of the root
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Deca

#7 Post by Deca » 01 Jul 2022 11:30

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 01 Jul 2022 11:06 how does the mod look like exactly, the whole mod structure, the only way a mod doesnt show up is 1. wrong archive format or 2 the mod is inside a redundant folder instead of the root
I packed it into a .7z and then manually changed the extension to .scs

final.scs > vehicle > truck > deca_t680 > folder with truck.pmd + truck.pmc

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

def structure
final.scs def > truck > deca.t680 > cabin
final.scs def > truck > deca.t680 > chassis
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jul 2022 11:52

the game doesnt support anything other then .zip or plain folders, you cant use .7z archives with it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Deca

#9 Post by Deca » 01 Jul 2022 12:49

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 01 Jul 2022 11:52 the game doesnt support anything other then .zip or plain folders, you cant use .7z archives with it
Yep, the moment I changed it to .zip it worked, and the moment I put it in folders... thanks for the help Carl and Dotec. :oops:

[ external image ]

Return to “Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)”