[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Liggy66

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Cargo Fix 29 June 22

#3361 Post by Liggy66 » 30 Jun 2022 05:40

Could be the grass then. Would running a 3 screen wide add up to a lot of grass in some areas and make for a bigger impact on frame rates?
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Cargo Fix 29 June 22

#3362 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2022 08:18

@Liggy66 Most definitely.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/427549/ ... or%20games.

Code: Select all

Gaming
It’s one thing to use multiple monitors to do work and watch Netflix. It’s another thing entirely to use multiple monitors to play video games. If you want to use your snazzy new multi-monitor setup to do some three- or four-panel gaming, there are a few extra things you’ll have to take into consideration.

Gaming on several displays at once requires far more graphical firepower than gaming on a single screen alone, because the GPU has so many more pixels to push—so if you’re not running a sufficiently robust graphics card or cards, you’ll almost certainly see lag and artifacting in your multi-monitor games.
I used to do Dual Screen myself however I have a Radeon RX 570 8GB OC Card, Ryzen 5, 2600 6 Core and 32 GB Ram. The Radeon Drivers can sometimes cause Black Screen when in Dual Monitor Mode while Gaming, but thats a very well known Radeon issue. Ive used it for Flight Simulator as well but dont any longer due to that issue.
I defs wouldnt use it for a Triple A Game though for that reason and the GPU Memory it would use. Now I run my older PC (also 32gb Ram) with the second monitor and use it to either browse the web while I play, a second gaming acct, or run a server from it.

If you want to see how much extra GPU Memory is being used you can always bring up Task Manager ( CTRL-SHIFT-ESC ) and see it under the Performance tab.

EDIT Actually the only person I know that runs a 3 Monitor Setup is @Simul82r with his full motion rig, but I havent seen much of him since he got his r/l Truck Licence. He would defs be able to tell you the impact on performance running a 3 monitor Setup.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
horseman89

#3363 Post by horseman89 » 30 Jun 2022 08:46

hawkbs wrote: 30 Jun 2022 02:06 Anyone else experiencing this atm? If so let me know.
In this updated Summer version I had lof of grass errors there in the log + had some CTD in there too but on second try I passed by Prospect Creek. Dont have that issue on 1.43 (at least not noticed and not crashed) and my mods are the same as for 1.43 there + just with updated anim files for 1.44 patch(through Steam conversion).
Last edited by horseman89 on 30 Jun 2022 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest stupidities are done with serious faces.
hawkbs

#3364 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2022 10:05

Thx @horseman89 Im actually in that area atm in the editor so taking a look at everything. Will check the Summer Map as well before I release the Winter Map when Ive finished converting it.
[ external image ]
xTHANATOPSISx

#3365 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 30 Jun 2022 14:03

@hawkbs I run nearly every game I play on my triple monitors. 5760x1080 resolution. I have a 1080ti, 5600x, and 32gb of RAM. Play everything from minecraft to farm sim to GTAV and Forza on this rig. While I couldn't likely get 120fps, and my panels are only 60hz anyway, I do get mostly good performance. In fact triple A titles tend to be more stable than ATS/ETS most of the time.

In ATS I still find that mirrors are the big hit. And in a lot of the narrow cab "logging trucks" I prefer to run I can often have all the main mirrors on screen with my FOV setting. That said, 55+ fps outside cities is pretty much the norm barring a place here and there or some of the more detailed promos Canada forested areas. I haven't tried your summer map, especially not the latest update, but in the past I get similarly good performance on it with my system and settings.

I really do get very decent performance in the majority of games though I certainly do give up a little fidelity in really pretty, modern triple A games to gain FOV while keeping nominally 60fps.

If I get a chance I'll take the summer map for a test drive and see if I see any unexpected drops in performance and try to verify is @Liggy66 is having an issue with setup or if perhaps the map just puts a bit more load on setups like his/mine by its nature.
hawkbs

#3366 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2022 19:20

I know my CPU is my bottleneck with my graphics card. Unfortunately Im stuck with it atm. Would love to upgrade to a Ryzen 9 or Ryzen 7 3d but sadly gonna have to wait. Also my monitors are both different sizes and resolutions which doesnt help.
Think I might have to redo the fields in that area as some of the bezier patches are huge which is more than likely a problem with grass and vegetation.
I'll look into that after Winter is done though as we wait for 1.45 to come out of Beta Testing.
As for FPS I dont really pay much attention to that when gaming unless I start dropping below Cinematic Standards for PAL and NTSC, so am quite happy if I am getting 24 FPS/30 FPS and up.
Below that though yeah I start paying attention to whether Im getting load lag or just general lag especially in Online Games.
When they fixed MSFS a while back and folks started doubling their framerates it was nice though :)
[ external image ]
Liggy66

#3367 Post by Liggy66 » 01 Jul 2022 01:08

Hey xTHANATOPSISx.

I use triples for everything as well. I have had them for years, setup on a racing seat. I run everything from GPL to iRacing and Call of Duty on triples with pretty good frame rates. I have a Radeon 5800 CPU and that seems to handle most of the games without too many problems. However ATS and ETS2 have never been particularly good performers. I will try your suggestion to lower the mirror quality as I have these set pretty high. I have never really optimised the graphics settings in ATS, the settings I use are more or less vanilla. Any other suggestions as my frame rates, especially on the Alaska Summer map, are only about 40-50 most of the time.
xTHANATOPSISx

#3368 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 01 Jul 2022 02:00

@Liggy66 Try to lower scaling a little if you're at 300% or higher. Dropping mine from 300 to 200 helped a lot after the lighting update. Mirror quality and distance is a biggy. Otherwise I have most of my settings cranked. I might have dialed back SSAO as well.

Any map with a lot of foliage might still tap your rig pretty hard. You could turn down foliage detail some, as well as grass density (I think that's an option).
Digital X

#3369 Post by Digital X » 01 Jul 2022 02:09

Try turning off SSAO as well.
Liggy66

#3370 Post by Liggy66 » 01 Jul 2022 02:34

Ok. Thanks. I will give them a shot. Like I said ATS tends to run at vanilla settings for me. I have not spent a lot of time maximising the graphics. Most of the time and on most of the maps the frame rate is OK and being a truck sim, speed is not a factor like the racing sims. I will give these a try.

Sorry Hawkbs for hi-jacking your thread for a bit.

Return to “Maps”