Season changer in ETS

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Bluscream

Re: Season changer in ETS

#11 Post by Bluscream » 23 Oct 2018 09:14

LadiesLagan

#12 Post by LadiesLagan » 29 Jun 2022 23:00

Todor Alin wrote: 22 Mar 2016 09:02 Intruction for Season changer.

It changes the day of the year in game according to day of the week. It adjust the summer_time corespoding to that today's date, and chenge loaded seson mod coresponding to that day.
At first day of the week will be at the begening of the year, with winter mod loaded , at middle of the week will be summer time, and at the end of week will be Chritmass time.

Before first usage:
- extract all files to Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder
- run the game and enable, in mod manager both <<season.scs>> and <<Data>> mods. <<Data>> must have highest priority , then folow the season.scs mod, and after, all others.

Copy the desired season mods(Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter) or all, over the fake mods in mod folder.
Note: fake mods are those present in this archive)

- remove the rem from the line at bottom of the Season_Changer.bat file coresponding to game version (32 or 64)
- create a shortcut to Seson_changer.bat file to desktop

After all this, all you have to do is to run from created shortcut and enjoy.

How it works.

Starting from verry good idea of xyzan, I take a step forward.
It compute the day of the year acording to day of the weeak (number of day in week) and the hour (from PC), becoause I don'w want to wait a whole year to complete the cicle...
Acording to computed day of the year, it sets the Summer_time and set with season to be loaded.
It simple rename that seson mod to the fake season.scs mod provided in the zip file, and, because this file was activated in Mod Manager, it will be used by game.
If you don't have a coresponding season mod, or don't want to used it, simple use one of tha fake mod(s) in the archive.
Data is the folder to be used as day of the year changing mod.
An issue that I cannot solve yet is that in game engine tha played time in days is computed with the day_in_year, so, if the played time is more then a month, the result is strange. Hope I'll solve this.

I updated the mod, due to an issue wich ocurs when one or more season mods are missing. Now, when occurs, its simple exit. So, to work, it's important to have all 4 seson mods !!!!

Download
At first I had a hard time fully setting up a shortcut to the Seson_changer.bat file on my computer desktop, but then it worked perfectly.

Thanks for sharing your tutorial! :D
FilMit

#13 Post by FilMit » 30 Jun 2022 20:51

Maybe someone will be interested.
I did it for myself, and in American Truck Simulator too. Made for ALL Seasons Mods from Grimes, including two types of autumn.
https://grimesmods.wordpress.com

The algorithm is, the real day of the week is read from the computer:
Monday; Tuesday - spring,
Wednesday; Thursday - summer,
Friday - early autumn,
The first half of Saturday - late autumn,
The second half of Saturday and Sunday - winter.
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/iRnRixUrlDs8AQ
Chief86

#14 Post by Chief86 » 01 Jul 2022 03:56

@FilMit do we need just your mod or do we need Grimes seasons mods too.
FilMit

#15 Post by FilMit » 01 Jul 2022 05:20

I did not write the installation instructions, since they are on the first page of this topic, quite detailed, from Todor Alin, the author and initiator of the Season Changer.
Of course, you need all seasons from Grimes, which you then paste into my dummy files, according to the season.
Open dummy files, better with 7zip,
copy the contents of seasons from Grimes into them, and that the files remain with the .scs extension.
FilMit

#16 Post by FilMit » 01 Jul 2022 06:24

In general, I post the finished mod, for both sims, to make it easier.
In winters there is winter physics from Grimes, be careful on the road 😜

1)
Copy the contents of the archive to the mod folders.

2)
Start the game, in the mod manager connect ONLY "SEASON CHANGER" and "SEASON", with the priority of "SEASON CHANGER" over "SEASON". Seasons DO NOT connect,
then it will happen automatically, without your participation.

3)
Copy the file SEASON CHANGER.bat to the root directory of the game, bin > win_x64.
From SEASON CHANGER.bat create a desktop shortcut.
On the desktop, name this shortcut whatever you like, for example "SEASON CHANGER ATS" and "SEASON CHANGER ETS2".

4)
That's it, run the games now from these shortcuts,
the change of seasons will take place automatically, depending on the actual day of the week.

5)
Seems like I didn't forget anything)))

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/fNbeCwrC_YDa_A

Return to “Others”