Montana Discussion Thread

Skoot

Re: Montana Discussion Thread

#1841 Post by Skoot » 30 Jun 2022 19:20

When I got all the DLCs after several months of rolling around 3 free states it seemed that almost every company in Oregon was brand new. If not Montana, then Texas should feel the same way.
Optional Features

#1842 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 19:52

oldmanclippy wrote: 30 Jun 2022 19:07 On one hand, yes. ICCs in ETS2 put ATS to shame. From a map perspective, allmost everything about the Austria rework is better than ATS. Heck you can even drive smack dab through the middle of Vienna now (every major city in Europe should get us into it, I'm pretty sick of ring-roads only and trucks do go into city centers in Europe via parkways).
Yeah, some of the angled docks and tight streets and warehouses make me jealous.

Oh well: I could play ETS if I wanted lol
flight50

#1843 Post by flight50 » 30 Jun 2022 19:54

Anything over 5 new companies is good. 5 is paring the whole. When you see what happens with EST2 dlc's I'll never understand the amount of companies that ATS gets. If SCS is even doing parody companies, there are a few that can be shared as is but with prefabs fit for ATS. When it comes to names like Sporklift and Rockeater......totally fictional and they could be in ATS. ATS does not have all the industries of ETS2 at this time so that part is understandable but there is a whole lot of other things that can come. Farms, construction and general logistics are tops that we should have more of.

Montana does pump new life into the game with what its bringing and its a start. At least the devs are providing something to this degree vs what Idaho brought. More can happen with ATS if SCS wants it to. We can't just pile on new map dlc's and expect everyone to love the overused companies and prefabs. Each map should be justified. We'll see everything Montana has in store in the next month or two. Then on to Texas to see what it brings.

I'm pretty curious to know what the YS blog and the Glacier blog will be about thought. These should be the beauty marks for the dlc's is what I assume.
Optional Features

#1844 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 20:16

New companies are great, but what about physical cargo? Will we see anything new with the waste and recycling company for example? We should.
Kistk3

#1845 Post by Kistk3 » 30 Jun 2022 20:37

werewoooooooolf wrote: 30 Jun 2022 04:53
wolfedg wrote: 30 Jun 2022 02:53 A gorgeous route yes, but also a trucker's worst nightmare IRL.
That’s exactly why I think Beartooth needs to be included in game. We don’t have a lot of such challenging roads, save the Million Dollar highway. Nightmare or not, it’s still a road where trucking is permitted, unlike the stretch between YS and Cody.
I agree with you, truckers might not use the Beartooth Pass, has the commercial and main road to cross, but the scenery and challenge is awesome there. But for a game world would be nice to cross over it. Lets take an example from ETS 2, the Großglockner in Austria, SCS did an amazing work there, and correct if I'm wrong, but truckers don't go there either, and we got it on the game.
oldmanclippy

#1846 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jun 2022 21:06

seriousmods wrote: 30 Jun 2022 19:52 Yeah, some of the angled docks and tight streets and warehouses make me jealous.

Oh well: I could play ETS if I wanted lol
I would highly recommend it. A good number of the problems that you write that you have with ATS (although not all of them) are less severe or even non-existent in ETS2. You just have to stick to Italy, Sardinia, Corsica, the Baltics, the Balkans, Iberia, and Austria. Germany isn't too bad, the quality of the scenery is about in line with Washington now and some of the roads in the south (the most recent part of the rework) are excellent, but parts of the road network are still fictional and the cities haven't been reworked besides Hannover. Definitely a different story from the Austria rework. France and Scandinavia have their moments for sure but they're definitely aging. Base map and Going East I only drive if necessary or to see how far they've come.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Optional Features

#1847 Post by Optional Features » 30 Jun 2022 21:10

oldmanclippy wrote: 30 Jun 2022 21:06 I would highly recommend it. A good number of the problems that you write that you have with ATS (although not all of them) are less severe or even non-existent in ETS2. You just have to stick to Italy, Sardinia, Corsica, the Baltics, the Balkans, Iberia, and Austria. Germany isn't too bad, the quality of the scenery is about in line with Washington now and some of the roads in the south (the most recent part of the rework) are excellent, but parts of the road network are still fictional and the cities haven't been reworked besides Hannover. Definitely a different story from the Austria rework. France and Scandinavia have their moments for sure but they're definitely aging. Base map and Going East I only drive if necessary or to see how far they've come.
Yeah, I own all the ETS2 DLCs and play occasionally. I even enjoy playing a bit more because of the unfamiliarity, but the unfamiliarity gets old as do trucks I don't prefer.

So I go back to ATS.
rbsanford

#1848 Post by rbsanford » 30 Jun 2022 23:17

Kistk3 wrote: 30 Jun 2022 20:37 Lets take an example from ETS 2, the Großglockner in Austria, SCS did an amazing work there, and correct if I'm wrong, but truckers don't go there either, and we got it on the game.
We can also truck over the Trail Ridge Road in Colorado, which is sort of the Beartooth Highway of the Southern Rockies, and the American version of the Großglockner road. So if there's space for the Beartooth Highway, I see no reason to leave it out when we already have other challenging alpine roads typically forbidden to trucks.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
TheAmir259

#1849 Post by TheAmir259 » 30 Jun 2022 23:48

Skoot wrote: 30 Jun 2022 19:20 If not Montana, then Texas should feel the same way.
Oh it must be Montana & Texas alright, not either one. Because I myself am having doubts as to whether they'll be introducing a greater deal of companies later on or not once we're starting to hit the Great Plains states, there could be 2 or more states during the process that they refuse to add new companies.

US-212 may not make it in now, but especially like mentioned before, there should be sufficient space between the I-90 and US-14 that it should be able to fit right in. And it despite how its not quite suited, it is a noticeable or rather, iconic route so like Cody & US-14, i see no reason for them to ban this route from ever making it into the game. But as is the case of the latter as well, we can still expect it to make it into the game later given that its importance is not as high as US-20 between Idaho Falls and West Yellowstone.

The US-20 on the other hand, is definitely a big miss, I can't afford to see that one out during initial release. It's more than just a road, its importance should be obvious as day, and i don't think routing us out into Wyoming and via Yellowstone is a viable alternative, especially if a player has Idaho & Montana DLC, but not Wyoming. Even if not taking DLCs bought into account, it still is a small-brainer move, especially given how US-20 is of a major status as well, a designated US Highway, in addition to the link it provided and the role it plays.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
JohnMc19

#1850 Post by JohnMc19 » 01 Jul 2022 01:48

Seeing only 5 companies coming with Montana is a tad disappointing would have liked to seen more maybe closer to 10. Wallbert, Bushnell and Plaster & Sons need competition, too many repetitive companies in ATS. Hopefully we see visible cargo I know there's cardboard pallets from a screenshot of a recent Montana blog post. I'm hoping for at least 15 companies from Texas and a couple more from the next rework of california.

Return to “General discussion about the game”