Wolfi's ETS2 Shenanigans

Wolfi
Beta tester

Re: Wolfi's ETS2 Shenanigans

#61 Post by Wolfi » 30 Jun 2022 19:11

The Renault T I'm currently driving is meant to be an homage to my original ETS2 truck - the Renault Premium and as you may or may not remember, this truck was originally a 4x2 as well, because there was no 6x chassis option for it back then.
The other reason - I'm not a huge fan of how short and wonky the midlift is and the 6x4 / taglift chassis are too long for my taste.
I would still probably switch to midlift though, if SCS would update it properly with the tuning pack and gave it an option to swap fuel tanks (I would make extended capacity ones). But since they didn't, a 4x2 seems to be the only somewhat reasonable/realistic option.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#62 Post by Wolfi » 01 Jul 2022 10:07

@pigbrother I hate you mate... (joke)
After your reply I did some deeper research on chassis lengths for the T and actually found one that I felt would suit my needs...
So of course I made it :roll:
Behold the classic Danish spec 6x2 taglift with 3200mm wheelbase. The SCS one is 3400mm. I figured 20cm would make enough of a visual difference + it's still around half a meter longer than the tiny 6x2/4 midlift, so it doesn't look weird with the high cab.
[ external image ]
I also decided to go for the max fuel tank capacity with it, so the AdBlue tank had to be moved from the chassis and placed behind the cab. For that I admit, I yoinked the tank from Eugene's Volvo mod (I hope he won't mind :?)
[ external image ]

Overall I'm quite happy with how it looks proportions-wise.
[ external image ]
pigbrother

#63 Post by pigbrother » 01 Jul 2022 10:45

Haha, I was useful for once. I think there is also a mid-lift slightly longer with bigger fuel tanks and the AdBlue tank behind the cab, I think I’ve seen it in one of the Stavros969 videos.

However, I was also talking about the level of details of the chassis, it lacks cables and pipes and the textures are… bad, at least the 5th wheel makes my eyes bleed.

Nice job tho, as usual. Lucky me, since I stopped doing heavy job and sticked to dryvans and reefer, I have become a fan of 4x2 and I’m fine with its length.
Last edited by pigbrother on 02 Jul 2022 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
xXCARL1992Xx

#64 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Jul 2022 10:51

yeah, 4100mm wheelbase, we got 3900mm (wich has no sideskirt options) also i think the AdBlue tank behind the cab is an option or a revision that was made at some point, a tank can be squeezed in the spot of the AdBlue tank but i only found 1 image in my search that was a possible 3900mm with a tank there :?

nonetheless, the Renault TEvo does look good, i especially like the chassis cover and the badge, but people might think im biased on the last one :rofl:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Eugene
Global moderator

#65 Post by Eugene » 01 Jul 2022 11:22

Wolfi wrote: 01 Jul 2022 10:07 I also decided to go for the max fuel tank capacity with it, so the AdBlue tank had to be moved from the chassis and placed behind the cab. For that I admit, I yoinked the tank from Eugene's Volvo mod (I hope he won't mind :?)
I yoinked that from some turbosquid model a long time ago so i don't mind :D

Nice truck mate!
pigbrother

#66 Post by pigbrother » 01 Jul 2022 11:30

insert ‘You’re trying to kidnap what I’ve rightfully stolen!” meme
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Wolfi
Beta tester

#67 Post by Wolfi » 01 Jul 2022 11:53

pigbrother wrote: 01 Jul 2022 10:45 However, I was also talking about the level of details of the chassis, it lacks cables and pipes and the textures are… bad, at least the 5th wheel makes my eyes bleed.
That's why I covered up the chassis with that threadplate :P
I was thinking about full chassis model fix, but I may be a bit too lazy to do it :P (or more likely, I'm tired fixing up SCS messups :? )
Polarlicht

#68 Post by Polarlicht » 02 Jul 2022 13:18

Did you fix the chrome stripe on the rear drive wheels yourself? Looks like it's chrome again, or are my eyeballs messing with me :D
Looks like SCS can't be bothered about their own stuff again viewtopic.php?t=311437
Wolfi
Beta tester

#69 Post by Wolfi » 02 Jul 2022 13:31

I haven't touched the rims. As you can see, in normal conditions it's almost impossible to notice. It becomes even less visible in heavy fog and rain, which is the usual weather I get in the game lately :P
Polarlicht

#70 Post by Polarlicht » 02 Jul 2022 21:04

It's driving me and my OCD nuts :lol:
SCS does that just to annoy the heck out of me :lol:

Return to “Screenshots”