Classic road racing courses

David Paterson

Classic road racing courses

#1 Post by David Paterson » 30 Jun 2022 05:50

When you say the names Spa, Brno, Le Mans and Rheims to a fan who appreciates the history of motor racing, their eyes light up at the thought of these classic race tracks that spent most weeks of the year as local roads.

I've visited most of these towns in game, but couldn't recognise any roads which form part of the old race tracks.

Do any of them exist in the game?
HRTrucking

Re: Classic road racing courses

#2 Post by HRTrucking » 30 Jun 2022 14:26

They don't exist as far as I've seen. Circuit de Reims Gueux is still visible on the D27 in real life with some pit boxes and the grand stand. But that's not in game it would be next to A4. In real life I walked to the "circuit" from the motorway service on the A4 during my weekend break with the truck.

Le Mans you only get a industrial site on the north of Le Mans exit 7 of the A13 I think it's based on in game.

The track is in real life visible from the D323 and the driveable bit is the D323 , D140 and D139 . I've done the D323 a little bit to make a photo of my truck. Officialy not allowed for trucks to drive transit on these roads. Police had to laugh when they asked me why I was driving there, didn't get a fine.

In Belgium nothing is recogniseable, it's all so old.

Something like the old track near Reims would be a nice hidden road. Or the Le Mans one.

In Berlin irl you can see parts of the Avus Ring. There's even a truck stop where the banked corner (Nord Kehre) is next to the big Mercedes logo. And you drive past the grand stand (Avus tribune) on the A115 . Something like that would be nice in game for me as well.
Arvidsson-Källqvist

#3 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 01 Jul 2022 16:49

HRTrucking wrote: 30 Jun 2022 14:26 In Berlin irl you can see parts of the Avus Ring. There's even a truck stop where the banked corner (Nord Kehre) is next to the big Mercedes logo. And you drive past the grand stand (Avus tribune) on the A115 . Something like that would be nice in game for me as well.
That is actually featured in ProMods, with the truckstop and all that, it's a pretty intersting little stretch.
Company: DK International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)
HRTrucking

#4 Post by HRTrucking » 01 Jul 2022 17:18

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 01 Jul 2022 16:49
HRTrucking wrote: 30 Jun 2022 14:26 In Berlin irl you can see parts of the Avus Ring. There's even a truck stop where the banked corner (Nord Kehre) is next to the big Mercedes logo. And you drive past the grand stand (Avus tribune) on the A115 . Something like that would be nice in game for me as well.
That is actually featured in ProMods, with the truckstop and all that, it's a pretty intersting little stretch.
That's somewhere I haven't been in Promods. I seem to avoid Germany in game as much as I love to avoid it in real life :oops: . This week Netherlands, Hannover, Hamburg, Benelux and Mannheim back to Netherlands went well. At the border with Germany and the Netherlands now. Gaststatte Verbeek a real proper truckstop not a motorway service where SCS thinks all trucks stop. Western European and some from the east stop at a real truckstop and spend money for good food, sorry for the last bit but it is what it is.
oggivu

#5 Post by oggivu » 01 Jul 2022 18:32

Too bad there aren't parts of circuits open to public driving,both in-game and IRL. I read somewhere that the part of Nurburgring? or test track Mercedes? (Sloped wall or similar) is opened to public driving. I know that in Australia Bathurst is opened to public when here aren't any races being held;there is a road around the track when the races are taking place.
HRTrucking

#6 Post by HRTrucking » 03 Jul 2022 08:26

@oggivu read my first comment :lol: . Le Mans has 3 roads you can drive irl, but not transit with a truck. Avus Ring is part driveable and Circuit de Reims Gueux is driveable in real life as well. The last 2 are not in use anymore.
Spa only the old track parts are driveable from when it was roadcourse .

From the Nürburgring you can drive the big old part as a 1 way toll road with no speed limit with your car irl. Been there a lot with my car :twisted: . Feels like a giant rollercoaster.
Touristen Fahrten these day's are called. Sometimes it's coupled to the GP track and then you can drive that as well that's the 24 hour configuration and for normal VLN races as well I think.

@David Paterson maybe parts of the Targa Florio at Sicily are in game?? Have to look at the road numbers now :D
Shiva

#7 Post by Shiva » 03 Jul 2022 11:50

Targa Florion? No nothing is ingame of it.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”